The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Cafferty on CNN said earlier that it strikes him as strange that the guardsmen and aid packages are just now rolling in while Bush is touring for his photo-ops.

And he's right, this **** stinks.
What has Bush ever done that doesn't Stink. I can smell it from here, and have been able to since the first day.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony
I don't think I've ever been so disgusted with my own country.
And that's really saying something, isn't it. I was going to say, I've never been so disgusted with my own gov't, but it's clear there are some peoplebehaving in such a way as to give the gov't a run for it's money.

California just sent over 1000 military personnel - with some of the best technology available.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG. According to Mike Malloy on Air America, Huffington Post is now reporting that cannibalism is beginning to occur.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG. Huffington Post is now reporting that cannibalism is beginning to occur.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG. According to Mike Malloy on Air America, Huffington Post is now reporting that cannibalism is beginning to occur.
Oh...I noticed the edit...

I am looking for another source now to verify.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
And that's really saying something, isn't it. I was going to say, I've never been so disgusted with my own gov't, but it's clear there are some peoplebehaving in such a way as to give the gov't a run for it's money.

California just sent over 1000 military personnel - with some of the best technology available.
Exactly, dear. Well, I'm glad our state is helping out in some way... The whole situation just makes me ill.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Oh...I noticed the edit...

I am looking for another source now to verify.
I'm looking on Huffington Post, but sometimes the pieces get published elsewhere before they're put on that site.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46119

Without providing evidence, a civil-rights leader and author claimed black victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans have resorted to cannibalism to survive because no one has come to help them.

Randall Robertson, writing in his Huffington Post weblog, said:

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

However, no reports of cannibalism have turned up as thousands of armed National Guardsmen pour into the city to restore order, help distribute relief supplies and evacuate stranded refugees.

Robinson, author of " The Debt – What America Owes to Blacks," said, "New Orleans marks the end of the America I strove for. I am hopeless. I am sad. I am angry against my country for doing nothing when it mattered."

He called the response to Katrina's aftermath the "watershed moment in America's racial history."

"My hand shakes with anger as I write," he said. "I, the formerly un-jaundiced human rights advocate, have finally come to see my country for what it really is. A monstrous fraud."

Many readers responded positively to Robinson's remarks, but some sharply criticized him, pointing out his lack of sourcing and the unlikelyhood of cannibalism after only four days, since people can survive for weeks without food.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no. please. no. really? Why am I suprised. beatings, shootings, rape....
Really? I can understand water, but going w/out food for four/five days wouldn't kill anyone but babies.... People in my family have gone without food for a good part of a month.... WTF?!!!!

Old 09-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no. please. no. really? Why am I suprised. beatings, shootings...
Really? I can understand water, but going w/out food for four/five days wouldn't kill anyone but babies.... People in my family have gone without food for a good part of a month.... WTF?!!!!
Exactly...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well....the people are already dead...no use wasting....
but it should never have come to this. Never. Not here, not from this.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46119

Without providing evidence, a civil-rights leader and author claimed black victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans have resorted to cannibalism to survive because no one has come to help them.

Randall Robertson, writing in his Huffington Post weblog, said:

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

However, no reports of cannibalism have turned up as thousands of armed National Guardsmen pour into the city to restore order, help distribute relief supplies and evacuate stranded refugees.

Robinson, author of " The Debt – What America Owes to Blacks," said, "New Orleans marks the end of the America I strove for. I am hopeless. I am sad. I am angry against my country for doing nothing when it mattered."

He called the response to Katrina's aftermath the "watershed moment in America's racial history."

"My hand shakes with anger as I write," he said. "I, the formerly un-jaundiced human rights advocate, have finally come to see my country for what it really is. A monstrous fraud."

Many readers responded positively to Robinson's remarks, but some sharply criticized him, pointing out his lack of sourcing and the unlikelyhood of cannibalism after only four days, since people can survive for weeks without food.
I hope it isn't true and he's a real bastard if he made it up.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well....the people are already dead...no use wasting....
but it should never have come to this. Never. Not here, not from this.
I'm not so sure I believe this one man's claim of cannibalism...

But I agree with what you are saying if it is true.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wir...C-RSSFeeds0312
Forecast: Hurricane Season Far From Over
Hurricane Forecasters Warn More Major Storms Are Likely, Predict 'Near-Record' Activity
-------------
The Associated Press
-------------
Sep. 3, 2005 - Amid the unfolding disaster left by Hurricane Katrina, Colorado State University researchers said Friday they expect more storms over the next two months.

"The very active season we have seen to this point is far from over," researcher Philip Klotzbach said. "We expect that by the time the 2005 hurricane season is over, we will witness seasonal tropical cyclone activity at near-record levels."

The school's hurricane forecast team of William Gray and Klotzbach said there is a 43 percent chance an intense hurricane will hit the U.S. coast in September and a 15 percent chance in October. The long-term average is 27 percent in September and 6 percent in October.

The forecasters predicted five named storms four of them hurricanes and two of those major for September, traditionally the most active month for hurricanes. The team predicted three named storms, two hurricanes and one major hurricane in October.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have you seen Faux News imploding? Shepherd Smith was cracking up a little while ago, yelling at O'Reilly and Hannity, telling them that what he's seeing is not conjecture, it's reality. He said he hasn't seen one Red Cross truck since he got there five days ago. Hannity then had the gall to say that New Orleans was facing "a slight distribution problem."

Geraldo was even more shocking. He was lifting up babies and screaming "Let these people leave! Save them! Get them out of here! Look at this baby's face, we can't let them die!" Then he started crying.

I saw that!!

I have to admit... Shep actually surprised me with his reporting and not taking any bullsh*t from O'Reilly. Geraldo, on the other hand, was disgusting. It's hard to believe a story this unbelievable could be sensationalized... but leave it to Geraldo to do it.