Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Ledgie

Default Just a little ticked

So, there's one in ever bunch.

-Last year, it was that JPL.
-The year before, it was that Army guy, family man (can't remember his name).
-Now, it's Scott.

None of them could/can sing worth poop, but they outranked many of the talent. This is highly annoying. Anwar DID have a bad performance this week, but when has Scott ever had a good week?? In my opinion, never.

I love Anwar's voice. I don't know what happened this week, but he is usually on the ball. I'm royally pissed at this infamation.

Scott stinks. He sounds like some drugged-out moron with lousy vocals, and Anwar is what he is -- an intellegent musical teacher/icon who might have had a bad day this week, as we all do.

What kind of backing does Scott have? How did he get it?

One thing's for sure... This elimination process has done American talent a disservice.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Stevie mention in this funny AI article:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/04/20/010041.php

"While Simon took issue with Carrie’s styling, we all know it’s never dumb to be beautiful. Simon be damned, Carrie, looking like a magical meld of Stevie Nicks and Gwen Stefani, scored big in that area. However, it’s never beautiful to be dumb and Carrie’s incoherent babbling about how incoherent her song, “MacArthur Park,” was made Britney Spears look like a Ph.D."
Please. Babbling? I challenge this writer (and I use the term loosely) to give a full interpretation of this ridiculous song in 30 seconds or less on national television and see how good they do. What a baffoon!

All my life I never knew what this song meant. I mean who does for crying out loud?!!?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Considering the majority of voters are boy-crazy teeny boppers, whaddaya expect? I mean, these are people who still think Clay Aiken is straight!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Considering the majority of voters are boy-crazy teeny boppers, whaddaya expect? I mean, these are people who still think Clay Aiken is straight!
What a farce that is! I mean, are people REALLY that dumb? And when is homeboy going to come out of the closet? I'm guessing never.

A lot of these male Idol contestants are gay yet have to put up with these swooning 12 year old girls in order to get votes. I bet they hate that ****.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Y
So, there's one in ever bunch.

-Last year, it was that JPL.
-The year before, it was that Army guy, family man (can't remember his name).
-Now, it's Scott.

None of them could/can sing worth poop, but they outranked many of the talent. This is highly annoying. Anwar DID have a bad performance this week, but when has Scott ever had a good week?? In my opinion, never.

I love Anwar's voice. I don't know what happened this week, but he is usually on the ball. I'm royally pissed at this infamation.

Scott stinks. He sounds like some drugged-out moron with lousy vocals, and Anwar is what he is -- an intellegent musical teacher/icon who might have had a bad day this week, as we all do.

What kind of backing does Scott have? How did he get it?

One thing's for sure... This elimination process has done American talent a disservice.
You are right on the money! I agree 110%.....
Old 04-21-2005, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bo...

When it gets down to the final three, Bo, Constantine and Carrie..I am not going to know who to vote for. I like Vonzell but Carrie's pipes are better and Bo and Con have that sex appeal factor so I think she will go fourth.
I know Carrie is sort of drab but they can fix that up...look at Kelly Clarkson..she was shy and quiet on AI, now she is Miss Confident. Her voice is the best on the show though. Bo and Con have that extra something personality wise. I still think Constantine is smoking hot!

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 04-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
When it gets down to the final three, Bo, Constantine and Carrie..I am not going to know who to vote for. I like Vonzell but Carrie's pipes are better and Bo and Con have that sex appeal factor so I think she will go fourth.
I know Carrie is sort of drab but they can fix that up...look at Kelly Clarkson..she was shy and quiet on AI, now she is Miss Confident. Her voice is the best on the show though. Bo and Con have that extra something personality wise. I still think Constantine is smoking hot!
If it came down to Bo, Constantine and Carrie....I would vote for the guys. If it came down to Bo and Constantine (which won't happen ) I think I would go with Bo. While I really like Constatine (and yes...he is hot) Bo, I think, is a better performer, and just seems to have something Constatine doesn't. I like them both a lot though. It's nice to have people on American Idol that do songs like.....Free Bird.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only person voted off thus far this season that I thought could have won was Nadia. As mentioned, Scott is WELL past his prime. I think Americans keep voting for this nut job because they're afraid he'll snap and eat Simon. And, I'm not too impressed with Anthony. He reminds me of one of those annoying cruise ship/Disneyworld singers. I'm not a violent man, but EVEN I want kick his @$$! If those two go in the next two weeks, the show will still have some credibility.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Rotflmao!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
As mentioned, Scott is WELL past his prime. I think Americans keep voting for this nut job because they're afraid he'll snap and eat Simon.

That made me literally LOL!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

nothing, I'm just laughing my arse off because on some other board they're complaining that nine pages is just too long for a thread to actually read them...
Old 04-22-2005, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Kelly, i agree on it being Bo, Carrie, and Constantine in the final three... But i think the final two will be Bo and Carrie.. Constantine seems a little phoney to me, and that will come across to America... As proven by their performance as a group the other night, Carrie and Bo both play the guitar.. Constantine doesn't play anything.. people will remember that...
Old 04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidBlue5000
Kelly, i agree on it being Bo, Carrie, and Constantine in the final three... But i think the final two will be Bo and Carrie.. Constantine seems a little phoney to me, and that will come across to America... As proven by their performance as a group the other night, Carrie and Bo both play the guitar.. Constantine doesn't play anything.. people will remember that...
Don't count out Vonzell. I think she's just as much a contender as the other three---probably moreso than Bo even.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile A. I.

Well, I've been following the www.usatoday.com poll, & they usually have Carrie leading, followed by Bo & Constantine. So I'd have to agree with Brian on this one but Cliffdweller is right, Vonzell is consistantly strong. And Kelly, JMO, but Constantine is just really creepy to me.

Lee
Old 04-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be happiest if it came down to Bo and Vonzell. Everyone else is just eh at this point.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Don't count out Vonzell. I think she's just as much a contender as the other three---probably moreso than Bo even.
Blasphemy! I agree that Vonzell is great but more of a contender than Bo? Nuh ah. No suh.