The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh. I am so pissed at the results. Nadia was my favorite and now she's gone. I'm only going to watch the rest of this to see what shenanigans Constantine tries to pull...he may be annoying but he sure is entertaining to watch!!

Scott SO should have gone last night. His attitude and ego are REALLY getting on my nerves.

I'm glad Bo was safe.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good article on Nadia - I AGREE!!!

Miami Herald

"The theme was Songs From the Year You Were Born. Hence, Nadia, born in 1977, the year of Rumours, Linda Ronstadt and Saturday Night Fever chose . . . When I Dream. Come again? Ah, a Crystal Gale recording. Peaked at No. 84 on Billboard's Hot 100. As she explained to host Ryan Seacrest after a lukewarm response from the judges, ``It's a song about dreaming and I've always been a big dreamer.''

If Nadia had to sing a song from that year about dreaming she should have selected Fleetwood Mac's Dreams, a No. 1 hit. It would have showcased the rock edge in her voice and most voters would have recognized it. The obscure Gale song has a forgettable melody and while Nadia sang it with more soul than it deserved, judge Simon Cowell was correct as he sniffed, ``That was the equivalent of musical wallpaper.''
Old 04-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia

Miami Herald

"The theme was Songs From the Year You Were Born. Hence, Nadia, born in 1977, the year of Rumours, Linda Ronstadt and Saturday Night Fever chose . . . When I Dream. Come again? Ah, a Crystal Gale recording. Peaked at No. 84 on Billboard's Hot 100. As she explained to host Ryan Seacrest after a lukewarm response from the judges, ``It's a song about dreaming and I've always been a big dreamer.''

If Nadia had to sing a song from that year about dreaming she should have selected Fleetwood Mac's Dreams, a No. 1 hit. It would have showcased the rock edge in her voice and most voters would have recognized it. The obscure Gale song has a forgettable melody and while Nadia sang it with more soul than it deserved, judge Simon Cowell was correct as he sniffed, ``That was the equivalent of musical wallpaper.''
I must admit I thought exactly the same thing - Dreams would have been a great song for her. Of course, I thought it was my Mac bias.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
Bo is cool as hell too. He was just like..whatever...I'm here because of a bet with my mom. That guy rocks.
I <3 him, but he wears a wedding ring, alas. BO BICE ROCKS!!
Old 04-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Miami Herald

Well duh? 1977, a song about Dreams... Helloooooo??? Loves it.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Gag.

Quote:
As she explained to host Ryan Seacrest after a lukewarm response from the judges, ``It's a song about dreaming and I've always been a big dreamer.''

If Nadia had to sing a song from that year about dreaming she should have selected Fleetwood Mac's Dreams, a No. 1 hit.
I've always dreamed dreams of dreaming and I'm a dreamer who dreams.

GAG.

Amen to singing FM...someone DO IT!!!

Nadia is like Tamyra...forgettable...she was a dreamer too. Blergh.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Nadia is like Tamyra...forgettable...
Wrong! She definitely stuck out in this crowd and NOONE sounded like her. And that voice! No way is she forgettable. I'm sorry to see her go.

And yes, she should have sung Dreams. She would have done an incredible job.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Wrong! She definitely stuck out in this crowd and NOONE sounded like her. And that voice! No way is she forgettable. I'm sorry to see her go.

And yes, she should have sung Dreams. She would have done an incredible job.
The only problem with this song is it really isn't challenging so I'm not sure it would have gotten a great response either.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nadia should not have gone before Scott or Anthony. Scott is AWFUL. He may be my least favorite contestant ever.

I think Carrie and Constantine will be the final two. Forgive me for saying this, but if you put Carrie's voice and showmanship into a less attractive girl's body, she'd be gone.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Forgive me for saying this, but if you put Carrie's voice and showmanship into a less attractive girl's body, she'd be gone.
I couldn't agree more. I think Carrie is just...boring. And I almost DIED when my man Bo was in the bottom 3.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Yep

Nadia didn't connect with people...kind of like Tamyra. I don't know what it is, but she doesn't have what people are looking for.

Scott sucks and has an ego problem, I think. Anthony is boring. Vonzell is adorable and is great, but she ain't gonna win. Bo is slippin' and better rock the frick out or people will go over to Con's side...they already have been.

I still say Connie is the most interesting and flexible contestant and deserves to win. They desperately want a Connie/Carrie finale.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Nadia should not have gone before Scott or Anthony. Scott is AWFUL. He may be my least favorite contestant ever.

I think Carrie and Constantine will be the final two. Forgive me for saying this, but if you put Carrie's voice and showmanship into a less attractive girl's body, she'd be gone.
Carrie's got a confidence problem or something. She just doesn't put it out there. Her voice is phenomenal when she lets go with it. She was my favorite but I think Vonzel has passed her. Vonzel is wonderful.

Constantine is very talented and would be a deserving winner but I would rather see Bo up there. Constantine needs to get real and stop posing.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
The only problem with this song is it really isn't challenging so I'm not sure it would have gotten a great response either.
Really, she should've done GDW. That song is more challenging. And she could've rocked it with her throaty little voice. The yowl at the end alone would've gotten her major points. *sigh* she was my fave. At least now I really, really, won't feel like watching it.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just happy Bo wasn't gone last night. He is great, and he lives about 10 minutes from me (doubt he will now--will probably move to california!)
Old 04-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Carrie's got a confidence problem or something. She just doesn't put it out there. Her voice is phenomenal when she lets go with it. She was my favorite but I think Vonzel has passed her. Vonzel is wonderful.

Constantine is very talented and would be a deserving winner but I would rather see Bo up there. Constantine needs to get real and stop posing.
Did you guys not see my post waaay back in this thread about Constantine's stalking and restraining order?? I have a hard time rooting for him - and his double chin is distracting.....I wonder why the smokinggun.com hasn't dug up his dirt yet....

Dreams is on the radio right now!