The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what drugs have you done?
pot 36 83.72%
coke 17 39.53%
crack 7 16.28%
meth 12 27.91%
adderall/ritalin/etc 5 11.63%
ummmm... other? 24 55.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i don't know how he's doing. i hope he's doing well. i haven't seen him since christmas eve, when i was 14. it's sad because unlike my brother, i can remember how he was before he started drinking & using. but he's a totally different person. he likes to send nasty letters to us now, on occasion. the last correspondence i had with him was a couple christmases ago when he sent me and my brother a picture of him with his new family. good riddance.
Sounds poisonous. You're doing what you need to do to take care of yourself and good on you for that.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Sounds poisonous. You're doing what you need to do to take care of yourself and good on you for that.
thanks. i'm also very lucky that he didn't pursue legal action when i was in HS, since custody agreements still said at that time that we were to have weekly unsupervised (!) visitations with him. i'll never know what made him not pursue it.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:56 PM
buckymcnix
This message has been deleted by buckymcnix.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:58 PM
buckymcnix
This message has been deleted by buckymcnix.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just pot here. And alcohol...and once I told a friend I had a headache, she gave me some pill and I just took it. It was in high school...and that pill was Vicodin. It was crazy but I never took it again.

Now the pot. The only reason I did that (I was a totally prude in HS, I denounced all the pot heads) was my senior year in HS I started dating this girl, well the first night I hung out at her place (she was 18 and had her own apartment) she and her friends lit up. Well I didn't want to look lame, and of course I had to impress the girl...so I also lit up.

So I smoked pot my senior year in high school and freshman year of college, but it got old. Then my nephew was born and I wanted to set a good example...and I was his nanny...pot was out of the question in my life.

Fast forward a few years I smoked again and HATED it. Hated. It was awful - I was paranoid and sick feeling....awful. I tried it once more and got the same effect so pot is no more.

Now I pretty much just drink once in a while.

OH! But once I did have the opportunity to do Coke. I was hanging out witha group of drunken/druggie lesbians...don't know why...but anyway, I agreed to do Shrooms with them as I've always wanted to try those...

I showed up at the apartment and one of them pulls out a baggie full of white powder. Now, I'm no drug expert but I knew that was not what Shrooms looked like. It was Cocaine. They couldn't get Shrooms so they got COke instead

Well I didn't agree to that, and they were basically begging me to do the coke...and my Stevie-obsessed ass at the time was incredibly incredibly tempted....they cut a line for me, laid it out in front of me....and it sat there all night, until finally they were out and my line was all that was left and they fought over it

I then left but got a call at 5am to come over for a threesome (I would have made 4) Well ha...one of them around 6am apparently flies off the handle, starts beating the **** out of the other two - cops are called - turns out the beater and another had warrants out on them...they get arrested.

And I? NEVER hang out with them again...

That, in a nutshell, is my drug history.

Then end.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've tried nearly everything(except needles, crack and meth), back in the day. I LOVED acid and shrooms. And coke. I thank gawd that coke is so expensive. Seriously. But, these days, I have no problem saying no to all that stuff. I'm just not interested in it anymore.

Booze has always been my drug of choice. It's the buzz for me.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

None. I'm rather ambarresed to say I'm one of those squeaky clean ones. No drinking, no smoking, no drugs.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckymcnix View Post
that reminds me of Molly Ivins so much -
it's just not a familiar phrase to me - and molly used it alll the time . . .
rest her soul . . .
She was a wonderful woman. I'm looking at Bushwhacked sitting on my bookshelf right now.
Also to add, an old friend of mine from Australia is the one who turned me on to the expression "good on you." I always loved it and the accent made it sound even better.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 02-04-2007 at 02:19 PM..
Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've tried nearly everything(except needles, crack and meth), back in the day. I LOVED acid and shrooms. And coke. I thank gawd that coke is so expensive. Seriously. But, these days, I have no problem saying no to all that stuff. I'm just not interested in it anymore.

Booze has always been my drug of choice. It's the buzz for me.
I'm not interested in drugs anymore myself, but I've not done any of them really - though I still say I do want to drop acid at least once before I die....I'm highly curious about that one
Old 02-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
They were basically begging me to do the coke...and my Stevie-obsessed ass at the time was incredibly incredibly tempted....they cut a line for me, laid it out in front of me....and it sat there all night, until finally they were out and my line was all that was left and they fought over it
Charming drug, isn't it?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Charming drug, isn't it?
well if the behavior of my companions that night is any indication that night, then oh yes

I still remember the temptation though..I really did want to do it, but something told me not too....gotta love those gut instincts!!

Last edited by DrummerDeanna; 02-04-2007 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: guy turned to gut.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I thank gawd that coke is so expensive.
It's probably what saved my life. If I had Mick or Stevie's money, I'd be dead.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not interested in drugs anymore myself, but I've not done any of them really - though I still say I do want to drop acid at least once before I die....I'm highly curious about that one
I think it would be hard to find any decent acid these days. God only knows what they put in it now.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna;
gotta love those guy instincts!!
Is that a typo or are we talking your yin/yang self here?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it would be hard to find any decent acid these days. God only knows what they put in it now.
Right. And I've heard (correct me if this is wrong) that you really have to be in a relaxed environment with people you trust to have a great high...is that true? It's what I've heard over the years...

Gawd..I just remembered a party I went to in HS (my and my best friend went to a lot, but would wind up sitting in corners and watching) a gal dropped acid - and later ended up SCREAMING at the top of her lungs in the middle of the living room floor - she was just writhing in pain...screaming about her skin falling off...it was awful....yet I'm still curious
Old 02-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is that a typo or are we talking your yin/yang self here?
Oops... I meant gut lol....though two of the women I was with that night were quite mannish

Last edited by gldstwmn; 02-04-2007 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: corrected my typo in my quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For anyone who has self control(can do it once or twice, and not obsess with it), I HIGHLY recommend the above. It is, quite literally, a religious awakening, the first couple of times. It makes you see your life in a completely different light. Actually, the way that thing REALLY are, and why they are that way.

And the laughing....my gawd, the laughing. We'd usually be so sore in our chests, the next day. I remember that we walked to Taco Bell, about 3AM. Huge long line of drunks......well, I started laughing, and COULDN'T stop. It was terrible, and still so fukcing funny. Everyone's looking at us, and I couldn't stop. PRICELESS.

For me though, there is a "depressing hour" - about hour number 6 or 7. After my friend hung himself(this wasn't drug related), about 10 years ago, I couldn't face the possibility of that depressing hour(I was really fukced up over his death), so I just said no, and haven't done it since.