User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
they're being "un"schooled, which is a form of homeschooling that is, in my opinion, bull****. or at least, the way they're practicing it is. i wonder what kind of homeschooling laws they have in iowa. i know in ohio, you have to submit a portfolio every year to your local school system to be evaluated, but other states are different. in AZ, for example, homeschooling parents have no accountability to the state.
oh, I see.
Quote:
yeah, they did not look well. what the hell kind of doctor did they take them to? and i want to know more about their "nutritionist."
it looked like an MEA (I'm assuming y'all have those in Ohio). a walk-in clinic. the nutritionist could barely speak English.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
oh, I see.

it looked like an MEA (I'm assuming y'all have those in Ohio). a walk-in clinic. the nutritionist could barely speak English.
i missed that segment, i think. i got caught up watching antiques roadshow. this woman bought a harp from an antique dealer for $2400 and it was owned by marie antoinette!! had the original strings on it and everything. worth upwards of $60,000.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i missed that segment, i think. i got caught up watching antiques roadshow. this woman bought a harp from an antique dealer for $2400 and it was owned by marie antoinette!! had the original strings on it and everything. worth upwards of $60,000.
damn Gina. how the hell did she get her hands on that?!

I can't watch that show. I love it and hate it at the same time.

makes me wonder how much all those old school cafeteria trays my grandfather passed down to me would go for in today's hot commodities market.

much like pork bellies in July. can you imagine what happens to pork bellies in July? (can you guess the movie reference here? )
Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
damn Gina. how the hell did she get her hands on that?!

I can't watch that show. I love it and hate it at the same time.

makes me wonder how much all those old school cafeteria trays my grandfather passed down to me would go for in today's hot commodities market.

i rarely watch it. i was flipping through during commercials and the woman before the harp woman was getting a desk appraised and was hilariously underwhelmed by the $3000-$5000 appraisal. i was rollin'.

the harp lady said there was some silent auction, and she didn't win, but she contacted the person running the auction and tracked down the person who won it and bought it from them. she was a harpist and it was so beautiful she had to have it, blah blah blah. now she's got a ****in' 230 year old french harp owned by the french royal family. damn.

Quote:
much like pork bellies in July. can you imagine what happens to pork bellies in July? (can you guess the movie reference here? )
bitch, please.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
bitch, please.
ok ok, just checking. gotta keep you on your toesies.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ok ok, just checking. gotta keep you on your toesies.

in actual food n fitness news ... i've gained weight. what a surprise - i ate a whole box of gs cookies in 2 days!! i need to quit being lazy.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Carrie - when you eat a whole box of cookies & gain a few pounds, you let the Girl Scouts win. And that's just wrong.

I'm glad to hear that the Biggest Loser workout DVD is good. I'm annoyed to hear about the newest change in what we should/shouldn't eat regarding the coconut oil - when will these "experts" make up their f*cking minds? And I'm excited for Jaz's peeps noticing his loss.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well after recovering from I am now way sore in the upper body region...So I've stepped it up all the way around...

Even in cardio - though I won't increase time (I already 45 minutes) I have increased resistance so I'm even upping the cardio workouts...good stuff - I am finally remembering what it's like to feel good and cute in clothes...but I also know I still have a long way to go...but I'm still at it...
Old 02-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'm annoyed to hear about the newest change in what we should/shouldn't eat regarding the coconut oil - when will these "experts" make up their f*cking minds? And I'm excited for Jaz's peeps noticing his loss.
You can do what you want, the "experts" originally mostly said unrefined anyways, but I didn't want to buy that one. And now I'm trying the unrefined. No big. The refined is still better for cooking, no doubt. If you want to wait until the results are in, I'll conduct a proper experiment. I mean, I have been already, but it hasn't been long. That way, you'll know for sure, and won't get annoyed.
Do you really think everyone is going to say the same thing about any type of food anyways? Even experts get varying results, not to mention all the non official anecdotal results that different people have with different foods.

For me, that's what makes it fun, there is always something to learn... *dork*.

Oh, and before you get annoyed again, I have to tell you that something I just read recommended a tblspn full in the morning and at night, but other sources have recommended more than that, like 4-5 tblspn/day. I was actually going to try to fit in at least one more tablespoonful somewhere, but haven't yet. I'm going to monitor this 2 tblsp/day experiment for awhile to see how it is going, first.

Also, I have no doubt that unrefined has more of whatever you would want from coconut oil, but refined still has some of what you want. How much? How significant is the difference? Not sure, but I'll look it up today, see if I can wade through the data. *snicker*.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 02-20-2007 at 03:50 PM..
Old 02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this kind of goes along with this thread and I don't feel like starting a whole new thread on it, but last night's Wife Swap had one family that ate nothing but raw food. we're talking, cut up the chicken and eat it raw. milk was fermented, meat sat out for months and they called it "high meat"...it was gross. they don't bathe or disinfect their house, they brush their teeth with butter and clay. crazy ****. they all look sick. they don't drink water because it's a "solvent and dehydrates you" - anyway, the "new" wife convinces them to see a doctor and the nutritionist basically says she has no research to repute what their diet is, but that she wouldn't recommend it. I was like, wtf? how can she sit there and basically say "ok" to what they're feeding their kids. it was beyond me.

Ewww, I saw that ****. Their house reminded me of something you'd see on How Clean is Your House. lol @ thinking water dehydrates!

In dietary news, I don't know how much I've lost/gained, but I'm going to the nutritionist again on Friday for a followup.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought this site was interesting

http://www.coconutoil.com/

Again, it is all about balance.

Having said that, in a fit of who the hell knows what came over me, I ate like a pound of bacon alone at fome on Sat. night - did I mention I mented cheese on it I also had about three sausage patties and - Lord forgive me for being white trash - frozen battered fish filets

I ended the orgy with a canister of pringles and then some chocolate ice cream.

Hey - I was housesitting for my ex and the fridge was loaded

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Ewww, I saw that ****. Their house reminded me of something you'd see on How Clean is Your House. lol @ thinking water dehydrates!

In dietary news, I don't know how much I've lost/gained, but I'm going to the nutritionist again on Friday for a followup.
Oh god..I saw that too...then they all got sick when they ate at the restaurant...

Damn show...but yeah, their "diet" was completely gross...
Old 02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
You can do what you want, the "experts" originally mostly said unrefined anyways, but I didn't want to buy that one. And now I'm trying the unrefined. No big. The refined is still better for cooking, no doubt. If you want to wait until the results are in, I'll conduct a proper experiment. I mean, I have been already, but it hasn't been long. That way, you'll know for sure, and won't get annoyed.
Do you really think everyone is going to say the same thing about any type of food anyways? Even experts get varying results, not to mention all the non official anecdotal results that different people have with different foods.

For me, that's what makes it fun, there is always something to learn... *dork*.

Oh, and before you get annoyed again, I have to tell you that something I just read recommended a tblspn full in the morning and at night, but other sources have recommended more than that, like 4-5 tblspn/day. I was actually going to try to fit in at least one more tablespoonful somewhere, but haven't yet. I'm going to monitor this 2 tblsp/day experiment for awhile to see how it is going, first.

Also, I have no doubt that unrefined has more of whatever you would want from coconut oil, but refined still has some of what you want. How much? How significant is the difference? Not sure, but I'll look it up today, see if I can wade through the data. *snicker*.
No really, don't bother. Because I don't really care. I mean, don't do it for me....do it for yourself. Or do it for the world.

Just to clarify - you don't have to explain yourself, I wasn't directing my comment at you, I was just stating my annoyance with the fact that opinions/thoughts/theories seem to be constantly changing about everything we eat. Not just coconut oil, it was just an example. I'm not saying that research should stop, or people should stop trying to increase their knowledge about nutrition. I just find it annoying & tiresome that today something's good for you, then something's much better, then "they" tell you it's all crap, then maybe a little bit is OK, but wait, not this brand, etc. etc. etc. I just wanna eat, man.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Oh god..I saw that too...then they all got sick when they ate at the restaurant...

Damn show...but yeah, their "diet" was completely gross...
LOL, seriously. I didn't see how it ended, though. I flipped the channel and got distracted by something else. What happened? (Hey, wha' happened? )
Old 02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
LOL, seriously. I didn't see how it ended, though. I flipped the channel and got distracted by something else. What happened? (Hey, wha' happened? )
Wha happan!?!

Well I was only half-watching by the end, half playing Jeopardy on my computer.

So best I could tell the lady totally left filth house, at the other house the dad refused to let his kids (and himself) be present when she slaughtered a chicken. He also refused to eat the raw meat...but he did get the lady to clean herself up some and look somewhat decent...

That's really all I remember...I wasn't as invested in that program as I was in SuperNanny