User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
That's a good question! No clue why she all of a sudden likes being in the bathtub - previously I couldn't get her near the thing. But that's where she's been going when she gets scared/nervous Of course she can get IN but can't get OUT...so mama has to lift her 95pound body out.

My sister has always been the dog owner, so she did have some insight - mostly as to the blood in Clancy's poo and the lump - it made me feel better -but I'm still getting her into the vet tomorrow or Wednesday. Thankfully I have a ton of points to redeem on my PetRewards card...and they go toward vet visits
that IS odd. Maybe she's hot and the tub is cool. who knows why dogs do the wild things they do. Glad your sister could help, but i'm with you. Best to still get her checked out
Old 01-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
that IS odd. Maybe she's hot and the tub is cool. who knows why dogs do the wild things they do. Glad your sister could help, but i'm with you. Best to still get her checked out
Yeah...I stopped trying to figure her out - I thought it was odd back when she was wedging herself between my bed and the wall And my General Manager's dog used to sleep in their tub...mostly to stay cool...but I don't keep my apartment that warm at all...so dunno...who knows.

I'll let y'all know what I find at the vet.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When Cash wasn't feeling well(and I don't mean at the very end - I'm NOT trying to scare you) he started finding weird places to lie. Almost like he was hiding. The vet and I both feared that he was withdrawing(preparing to die). That's the surgery before the last one, where he had the huge abcess/infection. So he WAS feeling like ****, and I guess, didn't want to be bothered.
Once we got the abcess removed, and the infection cleared up, he was back to normal. Maybe this new lump is some sort of infection that needs removed. I sure hope it's nothing.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah...I stopped trying to figure her out - I thought it was odd back when she was wedging herself between my bed and the wall And my General Manager's dog used to sleep in their tub...mostly to stay cool...but I don't keep my apartment that warm at all...so dunno...who knows.

I'll let y'all know what I find at the vet.
haha. Our dogs are fukced up but that's why we love them yes-def keep us posted

Last edited by michelle2677; 01-01-2007 at 03:42 PM..
Old 01-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
When Cash wasn't feeling well(and I don't mean at the very end - I'm NOT trying to scare you) he started finding weird places to lie. Almost like he was hiding. The vet and I both feared that he was withdrawing(preparing to die). That's the surgery before the last one, where he had the huge abcess/infection. So he WAS feeling like ****, and I guess, didn't want to be bothered.
Once we got the abcess removed, and the infection cleared up, he was back to normal. Maybe this new lump is some sort of infection that needs removed. I sure hope it's nothing.
That's what I've been fearing, that her new places to lie is a way of hiding and/or withdrawing. The one comfort I have though is she only goes to those weird places when startled or scared (by loud upstairs neighbors - or by me yelling at said neighbors).

I've been thinking about you and Cash, and I'm freaked out about this little thing I don't even know abotu - I can't even imagine what your mental state must have been like while caring for Cash...you're an even more amazing person than previously thought!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what I've been fearing, that her new places to lie is a way of hiding and/or withdrawing. The one comfort I have though is she only goes to those weird places when startled or scared (by loud upstairs neighbors - or by me yelling at said neighbors).

I've been thinking about you and Cash, and I'm freaked out about this little thing I don't even know abotu - I can't even imagine what your mental state must have been like while caring for Cash...you're an even more amazing person than previously thought!
Not according to someone else here!

Cash was such a trooper, bouncing back from all the surgeries, radiation and chemos. He came back sooo many times, that I think I fooled myself into thinking that he could do it forever.
His initial prognosis was 6-9 months, and we got 23! When I told the researcher at U of Wisc that we were heading into month 22, with oral melanoma, she couldn't believe it. Honestly, I think I just loved him too much to let him get sick enough to die.

I miss him so much.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 01-01-2007 at 03:52 PM..
Old 01-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And I think you should INSIST to your management, that they either STOP the clown car apartment, or let you out of your lease immediately, with deposit refunded.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Cash was such a trooper, bouncing back from all the surgeries, radiation and chemos. He came back sooo many times, that I think I fooled myself into thinking that he could do it forever.
His initial prognosis was 6-9 months, and we got 23! When I told the researcher at U of Wisc that we were heading into month 22, with oral melanoma, she couldn't believe it. Honestly, I think I just loved him to much to let him get sick enough to die.

I miss him so much.
It's such an amazing story - and honestly with all your updates I, too, thought he would keep on trucking. These little guys become like our children - right now Clancy means more to me than any person...I can't imagine life without her....as I'm sure you couldn't with Cash The reality is though that Clancy is an old girl...I knew what I was getting into when I adopted her
Old 01-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I think you should INSIST to your management, that they either STOP the clown car apartment, or let you out of your lease immediately, with deposit refunded.
The deposit thing may be too late as I've not put two holes in the wall and ceiling with my broom handle

Yes, folks..I've become "that" neighbor
Old 01-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

His initial prognosis was 6-9 months, and we got 23! When I told the researcher at U of Wisc that we were heading into month 22, with oral melanoma, she couldn't believe it. Honestly, I think I just loved him too much to let him get sick enough to die.

I miss him so much.
someone doesn't think think you are amazing because you did everything you could to save him including emotional and financial sacrifices? How can that be?
Old 01-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
someone doesn't think think you are amazing because you did everything you could to save him including emotional and financial sacrifices? How can that be?
I wanna know the same thing!!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison View Post

Fritz <3
how did i miss this? this is so hot! what camera do you use?

edit: oh, and your cat is cute, too.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
how did i miss this? this is so hot! what camera do you use?
My darling Canon Rebel XT SLR. <3

Only not that lens.

Last edited by DeadliestPoison; 01-02-2007 at 03:35 AM..
Old 01-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison View Post
My darling Canon Rebel XT SLR. <3
Only not that lens.
hot. that's the cam i've "adopted" while my bro is in the army. what lens do you use?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
hot. that's the cam i've "adopted" while my bro is in the army. what lens do you use?
I have a couple. A Canon EF 75-300mm f/3.5-4.5, Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-4.5, and Quantaray 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5. The 19-35's my main lens. I've barely taken it off since I bought it back in the summer. Partly because I love me some wide-angle, partly because it's my fastest & sharpest (& best) lens. I reeeeally want a 50mm f/1.4 or something, though. That'd be sexy. My camera's my baby. <3

Last edited by DeadliestPoison; 01-02-2007 at 05:09 AM..