Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well I just got some really bad news. The ****tiest of news, in fact. They're discontinuing my course at University. In fact they're shutting down the entire Art department. Because it's a Leeds University (even though it's being run on the Bradford Campus) degree, I don't know what will happen this year. We could be requested to commute to Leeds every day, every week for the year. Which I just cannot afford. I'm hoping desperately that they'll run the course for this last year for the current years working through their Degree. Because if they don't...I'll lose out on my money because I'll need to drop out. I can't afford to go through the three years again whilst incurring more debt, living in a new city with no money, so I'd have to drop out and just get a job.

I need this degree if I have any hope of getting out of my city and making something of myself. I feel sick right now. I knew my past few days of luck were too good to last.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
...but the urine does not change.
The sea changes colours...but the sea...Does not change.

But seriously...urine is either clear to varying degrees of yellow depending on hydration levels in your body or vitamin consumption. Unless, of course it's redish, which could be many things indeed. But changing colors, like blue to yellow for instance THAT would freak me out! Hope everything checks out ok, markolas
Old 09-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Well I just got some really bad news. The ****tiest of news, in fact. They're discontinuing my course at University. In fact they're shutting down the entire Art department. Because it's a Leeds University (even though it's being run on the Bradford Campus) degree, I don't know what will happen this year. We could be requested to commute to Leeds every day, every week for the year. Which I just cannot afford. I'm hoping desperately that they'll run the course for this last year for the current years working through their Degree. Because if they don't...I'll lose out on my money because I'll need to drop out. I can't afford to go through the three years again whilst incurring more debt, living in a new city with no money, so I'd have to drop out and just get a job.

I need this degree if I have any hope of getting out of my city and making something of myself. I feel sick right now. I knew my past few days of luck were too good to last.
Woah, Bee, that's a pretty bad worst-case scenario although, I'd be 99% certain that if they're discontinuing the course that will mean they won't start anyone else on it, but those already doing it can finish it. Sorta how if you started a course this year, you pay the old tuition fee for the duration. If they make you go do it at another Uni, couldn't you do student accommodation for a year or so?

Old 09-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Is it rainbow colored? Take a break from In Your Dreams, dude.
lol The doctor thinks it's nothing, but went ahead and did a urine test. It was dark yellow this morning (kind of brownish), then it was clear after I drank some water, then it was kind of a yellowish pink later, then back to the dark yellow.

This should probably be in the dearly departed TMI thread.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Woah, Bee, that's a pretty bad worst-case scenario although, I'd be 99% certain that if they're discontinuing the course that will mean they won't start anyone else on it, but those already doing it can finish it. Sorta how if you started a course this year, you pay the old tuition fee for the duration. If they make you go do it at another Uni, couldn't you do student accommodation for a year or so?
I'm hoping that it is a case of "those here can finish, but nobody else in". It wouldn't be fair of them if we just turned up and found out that we had no course. But it's just the sort of sneaky thing my college has done in the past. I wouldn't be able to afford to live in student accommodation for the final year. It would mean getting a job on top of Uni. And because my I'm on a course containing four courses (if that makes sense) which is VERY labour intensive, the hours would literally kill me. The only person I know who has a job and is on the course is just scraping by, grade wise. The rest have dropped out over the two years I've been there. I'll just have to hope and pray, because I don't know what I'd do if the worst case happened. Might have to enrol for my final year at your Uni and kip on your couch, lol! j/k
Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm hoping that it is a case of "those here can finish, but nobody else in". It wouldn't be fair of them if we just turned up and found out that we had no course. But it's just the sort of sneaky thing my college has done in the past. I wouldn't be able to afford to live in student accommodation for the final year. It would mean getting a job on top of Uni. And because my I'm on a course containing four courses (if that makes sense) which is VERY labour intensive, the hours would literally kill me. The only person I know who has a job and is on the course is just scraping by, grade wise. The rest have dropped out over the two years I've been there. I'll just have to hope and pray, because I don't know what I'd do if the worst case happened. Might have to enrol for my final year at your Uni and kip on your couch, lol! j/k
I'm thinking it wouldn't be allowed for them to just boot you all out now. Have you had any re-enrolment emails or anything? I'm starting to get my seminar sign-up emails this week. Also, have you tried looking at student-specific accommodation? I would have thought a maintenance loan would cover that? My friend's-boyfriend's-step-mum (phew) is hooking me and my friend up with a two bedroomed apartment for £35 a week, so it's normally way cheaper than living in a non-student place.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm thinking it wouldn't be allowed for them to just boot you all out now. Have you had any re-enrolment emails or anything? I'm starting to get my seminar sign-up emails this week. Also, have you tried looking at student-specific accommodation? I would have thought a maintenance loan would cover that? My friend's-boyfriend's-step-mum (phew) is hooking me and my friend up with a two bedroomed apartment for £35 a week, so it's normally way cheaper than living in a non-student place.
We have enrolment on the twelfth, but that doesn't mean a thing. The last time they cancelled a course, the used the enrolment date to let the students know they no longer had a course to come to. I've been looking into that kind of thing, but mainly out of the city because my MA is DEFINITELY not going to be in Bradford. I've been so disappointed by this course as it is. I'll have to start looking in the morning, just in case I have to make a very swift move At least I have a long weekend in December to look forward to with Viv just in case I'm screwed over course wise. Would need something to look forward to, lol.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We have enrolment on the twelfth, but that doesn't mean a thing. The last time they cancelled a course, the used the enrolment date to let the students know they no longer had a course to come to. I've been looking into that kind of thing, but mainly out of the city because my MA is DEFINITELY not going to be in Bradford. I've been so disappointed by this course as it is. I'll have to start looking in the morning, just in case I have to make a very swift move At least I have a long weekend in December to look forward to with Viv just in case I'm screwed over course wise. Would need something to look forward to, lol.
That's just... wow. That's just cruel

Would it be possible to move to a different Uni? I had a friend who was sorta-dating a third year who did his first two years at another Uni. I'm sure there are loads of other options you'll be able to explore, so don't give up hope

Old 09-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That's just... wow. That's just cruel

Would it be possible to move to a different Uni? I had a friend who was sorta-dating a third year who did his first two years at another Uni. I'm sure there are loads of other options you'll be able to explore, so don't give up hope
That's Bradford, for you.

Well the course is a Leeds Met course, despite it being on the Bradford Campus. Leeds, I've heard, have their own problems so don't really want to take on more students. If worse comes to it I'll just have to see if I can have a quick transfer/move to the nearest Uni. I've no idea where though, mind lol.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Woo! My iPhone arrived today! I've never had anything this fancy before.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Woo! My iPhone arrived today! I've never had anything this fancy before.
ut oh! take pics and post them!!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

HI SEXY PEOPLE!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

busy few days.
I went to see one day with my friends on wednesday and it sucked compared to the book. GUTTED because i adored the book, Then last night i stayed over my friends where we ate lot's of pizza, had vodka and coke and played on the wii dance. I cannot dance, i look like a snail dancing... impossible but imagine it.. thats me. But we danced to Cher and Blondie so it was all good. My friends friend was also there and she got so drunk and just sat there crying.. then we watched Liza Minnelli movies because i am slightly obsessed with her. It was fun (: we went to bed at half 6 this mrning, had three hours sleep then i had to get three buses home which took over 3 hours-ARGH!!

I go back to college tuesday sob for me people. HA, kidding.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Whoa. Sorry to hear that. I hope you can figure something out.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi all.Check this guys blog out.The Daily Pipe.He has alot of old school tunes on Vinyl..also does a show too.Buckingham/Nicks is mention on the blog too.

http://thedailypipe.blogspot.com/search?q=nicks

http://thedailypipe.blogspot.com/

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016