User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
What is dirty about it? Why would you object to that?
The only thing dirty about it is you're 100 times better at it then I am

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-25-2004, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Homer changed his mind after four people cast their votes. One of which was Jacob, who... at that time... ruled that "Walk A Thin Line" had immunity.

In my opinion, "SMAP" is on the chopping-block and should be dealt with accordingly.
In my opinion, since there has been no ruling to the contrary, SMAP has immunity. Furthermore, since no one ever told Homer or anyone else that it was not OK to change your mind on which song gets immunity, SMAP has immunity. Homer had not reason to believe he shouldn't be allowed to make the change.

This is a failure of the rules of the game, not of the players. And as such, SMAP has to stand as the immunized song. It's pretty simple, really.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Ugh... I can't believe I was actually able to follow that. I think that makes sense.
Why Are you concerned that you may now be as smart and strange as I? Are you concerned that you have now, officially, read too many overrated 19th century tomes, and have way to good a grasp of convoluted sentences?
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I know you're kidding. But, no, it's not underhanded. It's just one way of playing the game.
that's what i just said.
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Johnny, did I misinterpret you, or aren't you the one that keeps going around lately telling people to take discussions off the boards and instead use e-mail or PMs? The point: PMs exist for a reason -- to exchange information that doesn't belong on the public board. What is so dirty about that? And do you honestly think I actually have the power to change that many people's minds? Brown Eyes got 15 votes yesterday. Do you think I'm responsible for all that? You attribute to me more power than I deserve.
It has nothing to do with the means you used to do it... just that you're doing it, so let's not be coy here.
IMing people and saying "Hey, vote off _______" is dirty business, IMO, when coming from someone who was just expousing their desire for a "clean" game.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Why Are you concerned that you may now be as smart and strange as I? Are you concerned that you have now, officially, read too many overrated 19th century tomes, and have way to good a grasp of convoluted sentences?
AMber
Old 08-25-2004, 03:20 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the means you used to do it... just that you're doing it, so let's not be coy here.
IMing people and saying "Hey, vote off _______" is dirty business, IMO, when coming from someone who was just expousing their desire for a "clean" game.
Why is it dirty? What's dirty about making a case for something you believe in? Your perspective on this is just silly.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Homer changed his mind after four people cast their votes. One of which was Jacob, who... at that time... ruled that "Walk A Thin Line" had immunity.

In my opinion, "SMAP" is on the chopping-block and should be dealt with accordingly.
EXACTLY. Homer should've figured out right away that SMAP would be on the chopping block. He cna't change his mind after it recieved 4 votes. Lets go to the real survivor, Jeff Probst is reading 3 votes for someone but then the person with immunity says in the middle JEff reading the votes that someone gives immunity to the person with 3 votes.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
In my opinion, since there has been no ruling to the contrary, SMAP has immunity. Furthermore, since no one ever told Homer or anyone else that it was not OK to change your mind on which song gets immunity, SMAP has immunity. Homer had not reason to believe he shouldn't be allowed to make the change.

This is a failure of the rules of the game, not of the players. And as such, SMAP has to stand as the immunized song. It's pretty simple, really.
Actually, it's even more simple than that.
Jacob ruled that HomerMcVie's answer was correct, and "Walk A Thin Line" had immunity.
Once he did that, it was cemented.

So my opinion is that everyone and anyone who wants to vote off "Save Me A Place" should do so now. Don't let anyone try to fool you into thinking it's protected, until JACOB says otherwise.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Why is it dirty? What's dirty about making a case for something you believe in? Your perspective on this is just silly.
Uhm, how is it "making a case" for something, by telling people how to vote?

You don't see something a little shifty in that?

Oh no, wait, I answered my own question.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, it's even more simple than that.
Jacob ruled that HomerMcVie's answer was correct, and "Walk A Thin Line" had immunity.
Once he did that, it was cemented.

So my opinion is that everyone and anyone who wants to vote off "Save Me A Place" should do so now. Don't let anyone try to fool you into thinking it's protected, until JACOB says otherwise.
Ok, Johnny Stew, I have waited all day to vote to see if there was going to be any resolution on a timely basis. Since Jacob is MIA, I'm going to follow your suggestion and vote off Save Me A Place because I want it GONE.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 08-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, the point is, people can vote however they want, and if Carne has strategized it all out, and then presents his point to people who may agree with him (or not) then he's just kind of ahead of the curve on that. Again, I don't LOVE it, and am not usually sneaky or plotting enough to do it, but think it's well within the perameters of the game, as long as he's not using mind control drugs, or threats of dismemberment or credit ruination...
Think of him as a businessman just this side of the law gross, maybe...illegal? not yet
Amber

Old 08-25-2004, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Don't let anyone try to fool you into thinking it's protected, until JACOB says otherwise.
No one is fooling me into anything, not even you. The point is it had never been explicitly stated that changing the immunized song was illegal, therefore Homer did not know it was. And it wasn't because it was never made so. And if it was made so, it was never explicitly stated. Therefore, SMAP has immunity.

Otherwise, this round has to be declared invalid.

Our friends in Europe are going to bed not knowing what to do in this round because no ruling has come. It would be unfair to them to take immunity away from SMAP and validate the round.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:32 PM

Quote:

Seriously, dude, what is so wrong about that? Is it because the votes haven't gone your way? Would you be complaining if I were trying to persuade people to vote for the songs you want out?

I suspect you don't know the meaning of "shifty." You may not agree with how I play the game, but I would appreciate if you would stop casting aspersions on my integrity.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
Ok, Johnny Stew, I have waited all day to vote to see if there was going to be any resolution on a timely basis. Since Jacob is MIA, I'm going to follow your suggestion and vote off Save Me A Place because I want it GONE.
Dude, how can you vote for Save Me a Place without a backup? Too risky because we don't know what's going to happen.