The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

NO, this is freaking BS. HomerMcVie had Walk a Thin Line as immunity. Then after he sees that Save Me a Place had recieved 4 votes, then he says OH I want to change immunity. That's just wrong. You CAN NOT change immunity once a bunch of votes have been cast. Curtis wanted to chnage immunity a few rounds ago but couldn't so WALK A THINK LINE has immunity people.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Sorry, Johnny, I couldn't let that one slide. I would ever only make such an argument to counter the "Stevie gets more radio play" assertions. I couldn't care less if Lindsey's songs never got played on the radio, though I am sure he would. Point is I like my music for the emotional connection I make with it, not for how many times I can hear it on the FM dial.
As I recall, the topic was in regards to the opinion of whose current songs are better than whose (or if either is really "better" than the other), and you cited the fact that "Peacekeeper" charted higher than "Say You Will," as evidence supporting your statement that "Peacekeeper" is the better song and Lindsey's is the better material on the album.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I am going to continue operating on the belief that Save Me a Place has immunity. Since you and I remember that there was a precedent set about this, I don't see why in this instance the person shouldn't be allowed to change it.

If Rumours77 wants to make a ruling on that, I suspect the time to have done so effectively has passed. Our friends in Europe will soon be going to bed and it is unfair to them to not have a ruling to let them know exactly what they're voting for. So we either go with Save Me a Place having immunity or this round needs to be done over.
I don't think that precedent should be a reason to do something in every case. What if there were 20 votes already cast? Would precedent then make changing immunity ok in that case too? That shouldn't be right. I will understand if Rumours 77 allows the immunity to change, as there was only 4 votes, but then i think he should make a rule: NO IMMUNITY CHANGES. Unless an answer by a person is found to be wrong, or something, then it reverts to whoever got the answer right next. But as a rule, i do not think individual people should be allowed to change their immunity...
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 08-25-2004 at 03:05 PM..
Old 08-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
NO, this is freaking BS. HomerMcVie had Walk a Thin Line as immunity. Then after he sees that Save Me a Place had recieved 4 votes, then he says OH I want to change immunity. That's just wrong. You CAN NOT change immunity once a bunch of votes have been cast. Curtis wanted to chnage immunity a few rounds ago but couldn't so WALK A THINK LINE has immunity people.
Ironically enough, these are my 2 least favorite songs on the ledge.... Sucks to be me!
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-25-2004, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
*Ahem*

Is it really a "clean, fun game" when you IM people asking them to vote off particular songs?
What is dirty about it? Why would you object to that?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I'm afraid I disagree with that. Since it was Homer's decision to make, Save Me a Place stands until the officials make a ruling. As I see it, Save Me a Place has immunity still.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:06 PM

Quote:
As I recall, the topic was in regards to the opinion of whose current songs are better than whose (or if either is really "better" than the other), and you cited the fact that "Peacekeeper" charted higher than "Say You Will," as evidence supporting your statement that "Peacekeeper" is the better song and Lindsey's is the better material on the album.
I think you're mistaken about that. If you can quote it back to me where I ever said a song is ever better than another because of the way it charts, I would be very surprised. However, I would add that Peacekeeper is by far a better song, regardless.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably because, though technically allowed, it is sneaky and underhanded...ie, "dirty", "slimy" etc. I don't mind much - My mind doesn't work that way, so i wouldn't think of doing it, but hey! hey, hey!!! hey, hey hey!!!!
AMber

Old 08-25-2004, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I don't think that precedent should be a reason to do something in every case. What if there were 20 votes already cast? Would precedent then make changing immunity ok in that case too? That shouldn't be right. I will understand if Rumours 77 allows the immunity to change, as there was only 4 votes, but then i think he should make a rule: NO IMMUNITY CHANGES. Unless an answer by a person is found to be wrong, or something, then it reverts to whoever got the answer right next. But as a rule, i do not think individual people should be allowed to change their immunity...
AMber
Problem is there was not explicit rule saying you couldn't. And since it's happened before, which you and I agree it has, why would he think he wouldn't be allowed to change it? Let's be fair here.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well, what's clean about contacting people and telling them which songs to vote for?

That sounds like something that happens in dictator-ruled countries.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Probably because, though technically allowed, it is sneaky and underhanded...ie, "dirty", "slimy" etc. I don't mind much - My mind doesn't work that way, so i wouldn't think of doing it, but hey! hey, hey!!! hey, hey hey!!!!
AMber
I know you're kidding. But, no, it's not underhanded. It's just one way of playing the game.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Problem is there was not explicit rule saying you couldn't. And since it's happened before, which you and I agree it has, why would he think he wouldn't be allowed to change it? Let's be fair here.
I'm not saying he shouldn't think he would be allowed to change it. I'm saying that maybe he shouldn't be allowed to change it, I don't care what he thought about being allowed or not. I realize that he didn't change it because of some evil plot, only because he hadn't thought about it and answered to quickly - however, I think if he is allowed to change it, it should henceforth be known that people won't be allowed to change it evermore.
AMber

Old 08-25-2004, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Well, what's clean about contacting people and telling them which songs to vote for?

That sounds like something that happens in dictator-ruled countries.
Johnny, did I misinterpret you, or aren't you the one that keeps going around lately telling people to take discussions off the boards and instead use e-mail or PMs? The point: PMs exist for a reason -- to exchange information that doesn't belong on the public board. What is so dirty about that? And do you honestly think I actually have the power to change that many people's minds? Brown Eyes got 15 votes yesterday. Do you think I'm responsible for all that? You attribute to me more power than I deserve.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm afraid I disagree with that. Since it was Homer's decision to make, Save Me a Place stands until the officials make a ruling. As I see it, Save Me a Place has immunity still.
Homer changed his mind after four people cast their votes. One of which was Jacob, who... at that time... ruled that "Walk A Thin Line" had immunity.

In my opinion, "SMAP" is on the chopping-block and should be dealt with accordingly.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying he shouldn't think he would be allowed to change it. I'm saying that maybe he shouldn't be allowed to change it, I don't care what he thought about being allowed or not. I realize that he didn't change it because of some evil plot, only because he hadn't thought about it and answered to quickly - however, I think if he is allowed to change it, it should henceforth be known that people won't be allowed to change it evermore.
AMber
Ugh... I can't believe I was actually able to follow that. I think that makes sense.