User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I personally don't want to see Chris and Suze leave either. I think it's ****ty the snarkiness and petty bull**** that goes on around here anymore. That's why I basically keep quite anymore, and I've been on here a long time. It's almost not fun anymore.
Thank you. It's that people don't see this that makes me feel crazy. I don't have the time to deal with it anymore.

It is in the guidelines not to take up issues with mods on the boards. It should always be done privately. Carrie could easily have just left the pic in her sig if she really had an issue with that. Because it was a REQUEST. Instead she took it to the boards with her fake I'm sorry thread for attention and to gather up the pack.

We could have issued many strikes and bans on taking issue with the mods to the boards alone in the recent past. But we don't. The culture here has always been to let a lot of things go until we see an escalation, or someone complains. I guess that's just not a good fit for me because I like a bit more structure. I'll speak for Chris as well and say the same is true for her. We just found that very frustrating and perhaps others will be more effective than we can be.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Your comment has been privately echoed to me by far more people than you know. They feel that it's pretty much anarchy over here and I'm just at a loss as what to do about it. And when you do try to do something about it, this is the end result...because it's effin' anarchy.
Ulcer-inducing anarchy.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:30 AM
MoonChilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
There has been no consistency from day one from a select group of moderators. It is ridiculous to arbitrarily hand out strikes and bannings. This whole thing is wack and once again, someone who a mod did not like, was given a temporary banning. That? Is bull****.

Moon Childe, I agree with you about the "snark". At least set an example if you sign on to rule the common Ledgies.
Thanks for that..and I agree ..set the example ,if you are going to establish the rules. Wasn;t there some problems not long ago that had this board in a uproar>? Like I said before.a meeting of the "minds" you should be in order..
Old 03-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Thank you. It's that people don't see this that makes me feel crazy. I don't have the time to deal with it anymore.

It is in the guidelines not to take up issues with mods on the boards. It should always be done privately. Carrie could easily have just left the pic in her sig if she really had an issue with that. Because it was a REQUEST. Instead she took it to the boards with her fake I'm sorry thread for attention and to gather up the pack.

We could have issued many strikes and bans on taking issue with the mods to the boards alone in the recent past. But we don't. The culture here has always been to let a lot of things go until we see an escalation, or someone complains. I guess that's just not a good fit for me because I like a bit more structure. I'll speak for Chris as well and say the same is true for her. We just found that very frustrating and perhaps others will be more effective than we can be.
You are irreplaceable.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
You are irreplaceable.
And you are my gay, online husband.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your comment has been privately echoed to me by far more people than you know. They feel that it's pretty much anarchy over here and I'm just at a loss as what to do about it. And when you do try to do something about it, this is the end result...because it's effin' anarchy.
FYI - my feelings have been privately echoed to me by far more people than you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
remember i told you i would never buy street angel unless it cost a dollar?

i had to buy it. cause i found it. for a goddamn dollar.

i died a little that day.
I can tell that hurt your everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Funny, Jazzy had the horse pic and didn't get sent to bed without supper.

I know he is talented and all, and he has that Sparky seal, but it seems odd.
Yeah, what's up with that? Not that I want Jazzy banned, but it doesn't seem fair, now does it? Selective enforcement anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
I think it is really obvious that the picture of a horse's ass was not a way of saying that Chris is a horse's ass. It was a protest against the ridiculous hoopla about a picture of horse's teeth. It's basic use of humor to protest.

My god, people are allowed to talk about felching, I can say the word f*k all the time as long as I use an *, a troll is allowed to come in the Stevie forum and post for the specific purpose of riling up Stevie fans, and someone is allowed to start endless threads about the same thing (himself) and nothing is done. But someone uses a little humor to point out the absurdity of asking them to delete a picture of horse's teeth and all hell breaks out.

I'm a firm believer of no moderating. People have the capacity to moderate for themselves. But if there is to be moderating, then at least be consistent, fair, and have a shred of humor. Yes, moderators are volunteers, but they did sign up for the job.

I'm sure I will be banned for this...temporarily or permanently. But this whole thing is nonsense.
I love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
HEY! It was late for me. And you got the damn point.
Hey, you said it wasn't fun anymore. I was trying to humor you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post

I'm sorry that you can't deal with us anymore Suze. You know that I like you a lot as a person & consider you a friend. I think you've been a very fair moderator in general.

BTW, Carrie did attempt to contact Chris privately - after the teeth & before the butt - but never received a response.

That being said, I'm done with this situation. It's silly & stupid & I'm embarrassed that it bothers me so much & that I've spent so much time posting about it. If mods feel they can't do their job anymore, then I guess they'll have to quit. I don't blame them really, I sure as hell wouldn't want to do it. Hopefully the next group (any volunteers? ) can all remain impartial & fair, and enforce the Ledge rules the same way for every single member here.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'm sorry that you can't deal with us anymore Suze. You know that I like you a lot as a person & consider you a friend. I think you've been a very fair moderator in general.

BTW, Carrie did attempt to contact Chris privately - after the teeth & before the butt - but never received a response.

That being said, I'm done with this situation. It's silly & stupid & I'm embarrassed that it bothers me so much & that I've spent so much time posting about it. If mods feel they can't do their job anymore, then I guess they'll have to quit. I don't blame them really, I sure as hell wouldn't want to do it. Hopefully the next group (any volunteers? ) can all remain impartial & fair, and enforce the Ledge rules the same way for every single member here.
Very well said, Paula!

Suze, Ryan, JonnyStew - you all have been very fair and impartial on the boards - and Chris has been very helpful to me in matters I took to her in private - but not as impartial on the boards - I don't mean that as a slam - it's just an observation and I can also say that I KNOW I couldn't do it....so I know it must be a hard row to hoe!

So with that...I'm sorry that this has come to the point it has - in the light of a new day it does seem rather ridiculous, and I am also done with it...though I am sorry to hear that several Ledgies are thinking of leaving for good...
Old 03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
There has been no consistency from day one from a select group of moderators. It is ridiculous to arbitrarily hand out strikes and bannings. This whole thing is wack and once again, someone who a mod did not like, was given a temporary banning. That? Is bull****.

I don't dislike Carrie. And your comments certainly aren't objective. You've been grinding that axe ever since I didn't take your side in a little quibble like two years ago. To me, that seems "wack" as you put it.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
BTW, Carrie did attempt to contact Chris privately - after the teeth & before the butt - but never received a response.:
That's bull****. She sent me a one word PM. It wasn't exactly a dialogue.

Quote:
That being said, I'm done with this situation. It's silly & stupid & I'm embarrassed that it bothers me so much & that I've spent so much time posting about it. If mods feel they can't do their job anymore, then I guess they'll have to quit. I don't blame them really, I sure as hell wouldn't want to do it. :
Thanks for the empathy.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Funny, Jazzy had the horse pic and didn't get sent to bed without supper.
Quote:
Yeah, what's up with that? Not that I want Jazzy banned, but it doesn't seem fair, now does it? Selective enforcement anyone?
That's not correct... Jason was temporarily banned right alongside the others. Not sure why you both think he wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I had it in my sig too and I wasn't banned either
I didn't see it in your sig, Sharon, or, unfortunately, you would have been temporarily banned, too.

I want the record to show that pretty much everyone who was banned yesterday, are people I consider to be friends. In some cases, very good friends.
It wasn't something I enjoyed doing or that I took lightly, but I will admit publicly, here and now, that I do think I over-reacted. Certainly something needed to be done, and quickly, but perhaps that wasn't the best decision on my part. And, for that, I apologize.

Hopefully the moderators and I can make it right and we can all move forward.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
You guys should check out some of the boards on the net if that's the case, this place is positively mild in comparison.
No joke. I guess I understand wanting a family-friendly environment but it's like.. if kids are gonna be on forums, they should be on kid forums anyway. Most of the time, it's just like having to zip your lips in front of your parents for no other reason than old people don't like dirty words unless they're using them their-own-damn-selves. I'm not trying to be offensive.. that's just how I see it.

I have a very hard time censoring myself in real life... and a triple hard time doing it online.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It was brought to my attention that, for some reason, Jason (Jazmen Flowers) still apparently had posting privileges for a time on Monday.

I have no idea why this would be so, since he was banned at the exact same time as everyone else, and the bans were effective as of 2pm EST yesterday.

As I said above, Sharon wasn't banned because I didn't see that she had the pic in her signature. If I had, she would have been banned, too. The same holds true for anyone else I may have missed.

I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't playing favorites in any way... and, certainly, I'm good friends with the majority of the people who were temporarily banned yesterday. Or, at least, was -- who knows what any of them think of me now.

At any rate, the bans have been lifted and apologies have been sent out.

Hopefully despite this snafu, we can all move on. And I promise that I'll be extra careful in the future to not make any further rash decisions.

Just don't assume that means you'll be able to walk all over me.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's bull****. She sent me a one word PM. It wasn't exactly a dialogue.

Thanks for the empathy.

Jesus Christ, I never claimed that she wrote you a f*cking novel. But the fact is that she did contact you via PM, and you never responded to her via PM after that. And it was 5 words.

Oh. And you're welcome.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm thinking I may just be outta here.

Congratulations, Chrissy, you won.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

o hay now i'm torn. as much as i'd like to peace out after this ridiculous situation, i just renewed my damn paid membership a week ago and i'd really like to get my $12 worth. hmmmmm.