The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I noticed that too. and I've noticed that before. it's almost like the vocals are tweaked by the time they are played at the end. what's up with that?
They must be tired...
Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
They must be tired...
oh wait. we're talking about 2 different things. you mean the taped clip with Barry Gibb. I meant the overview clips at the end of the show. they always sound different to me.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a horrid show. It seems like I say that every week, but this one was the worst.

I thought the judges were a *little* hard on Blake. They usually deem him "hip and "contemporary," and now the beatboxing is "getting old"? Ha ha.

I agree with Jazzy - why did Jordin take on Barbra?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night was just plain awful and I'm not inspired to drill them down. Although Melinda's second song gave me goosebumps that started in my arm then ran down my legs to my toes. So that was a nice touch, thanks Melinda!

Poor LaKisha. She's in trouble and her wardrobe was terrible.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

It really was an awful sight. Melinda was the best, but it wasn't close to what she's capable of doing. I think people have lost their patience with Blake...at least I have. Kind of a one trick pony, you know?

That said, he'll stick around. I think Lakisha is going bye bye tonight unfortunately. I suspect she'll get a record deal or something from this. Given the right song, she can sing her ass off.

Jazzy, ITA with you on the songs sounding different when they run through them at the end of the show. I wonder if they do retakes or something?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am usually one to vote, but last night I was not inspired to vote for anyone. Jordin's first song gave me goosebumps, and yes, the second half of Melinda's second song. Otherwise, meh.
I agree, Blake's schtick is wearing a little thin, though I thought the second song was not as bad as the judges said it was. And I didn't think Lakesha's first was as bad as they said either. Oh well.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ What Mike said. Most boring show ever. I didn't bother to vote either, Sorceress.

I'm annoyed with this whole theme week thing - they've sucked this season. They used to leave it wide open - country, 80's music, oldies, etc. Now it's too specific. I didn't need to hear 8 Gibb tunes; same goes for Bon Jovi week. WTF. Make it a disco week, not only Gibb songs. Make it 80's music (or hair bands - that would be hilariously bad, but entertaining) instead of Bon Jovi only. Make it current Top 40, or "this week on the charts back in such&such a year." Argh.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'm annoyed with this whole theme week thing - they've sucked this season. They used to leave it wide open - country, 80's music, oldies, etc. Now it's too specific. I didn't need to hear 8 Gibb tunes; same goes for Bon Jovi week. WTF. Make it a disco week, not only Gibb songs. Make it 80's music (or hair bands - that would be hilariously bad, but entertaining) instead of Bon Jovi only. Make it current Top 40, or "this week on the charts back in such&such a year." Argh.
I know. what happened to Top 40 week and Judge's Choice week? I'd actually hate to be the winner this year...go down in history as the winner of the suckiest season yet.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

I third that. The producers must have thought that having bigger stars as "mentors" meant a better show--and probably they lured these mentors by appealing to their giagantic egos. They probably made some licensing deal too--in exchange for publicity, Idol wouldn't have to pay (at as much or at all) to use the songs. There are so many much better songs I'd love to hear these people singing!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
I third that. The producers must have thought that having bigger stars as "mentors" meant a better show--and probably they lured these mentors by appealing to their giagantic egos. They probably made some licensing deal too--in exchange for publicity, Idol wouldn't have to pay (at as much or at all) to use the songs. There are so many much better songs I'd love to hear these people singing!
I fourth that.

It's all promotion and marketing. I think almost every mentor artist promoted a new album or something. If not, well more awareness.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Ledgie

I read somewhere that the clips they show at the end with the phone numbers are actually from the dress rehearsal...

And I agree, Lakisha will probably go tonight....
Old 05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon22 View Post
I read somewhere that the clips they show at the end with the phone numbers are actually from the dress rehearsal...

And I agree, Lakisha will probably go tonight....
really? wow. well, that's not quite being honest really. I'll have to ponder how I feel about that.

and I agree with your agreement that Kisha will get das boot.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
really? wow. well, that's not quite being honest really. I'll have to ponder how I feel about that.

and I agree with your agreement that Kisha will get das boot.

That is true...the thing at the end, when they show recaps, is from the dress rehearsal. They say it it because they do not have time to put together the montage and edit, after the live performances, before the show ends. I guess it would be kind of hard considering the last performer goes, they show the recaps with the numbers, and the show is over. The performer does the same exact thing, so I guess it is not dishonest. It's just they sound slightly more refreshed during the DR. I remember one time last season, Bo was throwing his mic around in the recap montage and I had just watched him perform, where he tossed his mic the OTHER way. I was a bit confused. That is when I read that they put all the clips together from the dress rehearsal.

LaKeisha sucks, Blake is ok, Jordin...meh ......I still am bothered by Melinda's lack of a neck.... but, the girl can sing.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

ba bye LaKesha (dead behind the eyes)....lol.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

in all honesty, I prefer LaKisha's voice over everyone's. there's just something about it that I like. it's got a great fluidity and it's fragile and strong at the same time...similar to Martha Wash.