User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
Lol right. If they make a new album of COURSE i'll buy it.....
you know, our discussion got me thinking... we basically agree on our preference for building a mac album from the ground up - instead of stitching together some great songs that they already may have. but what are the options? if we can get another album stitched together like SYW was - as well as lindsey's GOS when it finally did come out in 2008, would we rather have that or no new album at all?

i think i might put a thread together in rumours forum to see whether people would like to discuss that.

i mean let's face it, LB still has a number of great recorded songs from GOS sessions that can go on the mac album - and some of them would be more appropriate on a mac album - such as Deep Dense that was originally a song that SN wrote. although i don't really know her catalog, i'm sure SN has a number of songs in similar stages.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know where I could find the original version of Peacekeeper? I have the GOS demo but it's not on there? Or should it have been?

I would love to hear a FM version of Deep Dense. I love the demo, but I'd be interested to hear what FM would do to it.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know, our discussion got me thinking... we basically agree on our preference for building a mac album from the ground up - instead of stitching together some great songs that they already may have. but what are the options? if we can get another album stitched together like SYW was - as well as lindsey's GOS when it finally did come out in 2008, would we rather have that or no new album at all?

i think i might put a thread together in rumours forum to see whether people would like to discuss that.

i mean let's face it, LB still has a number of great recorded songs from GOS sessions that can go on the mac album - and some of them would be more appropriate on a mac album - such as Deep Dense that was originally a song that SN wrote. although i don't really know her catalog, i'm sure SN has a number of songs in similar stages.
I hope Lindsey returns to the "Big Machine." That sounds like an album title - Return to the Big Machine.

The unreleased material we are familiar with was shelved - never intended to be heard. I have no issue with them using some of it as source material for a new Fleetwood Mac album. The songs wouldn't be "stitched" together.

Say You Will was unique because Lindsey already had a recorded solo album (with Mick and John) that was rejected by the record company. When some of those songs were purloined for a Fleetwood album, Stevie's vocals were added to some of Lindsey's songs. I wouldn't say that those songs were stitched together.

If and when they do get together again, surely they will bring new material to the table, and any unreleased songs included will likely be re-recorded -- no stitching required.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-08-2012 at 10:57 PM..
Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I hope Lindsey returns to the "Big Machine." That sounds like an album title - Return to the Big Machine.
i like that - goes with the cycles and all...

Quote:
The unreleased material we are familiar with was shelved - never intended to be heard.
lindsey slowly releasing GOS sessions material over the last 8 years contradicts this statement.

Quote:
any unreleased songs included will be re-recorded -- no stitching required.
see, that's exactly what i wouldn't necessarily like to see with some of those songs. i love Deep Dense and think it's almost perfect the way it is in the demo version we know.i want to have it on the official release. and i think i wouldn't like any re-recorded version nearly as much. as i didn't when he re-recorded She Smiled Sweetly.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Does anyone know where I could find the original version of Peacekeeper? I have the GOS demo but it's not on there? Or should it have been?

I would love to hear a FM version of Deep Dense. I love the demo, but I'd be interested to hear what FM would do to it.
i have it somewhere. will look for it for you if someone else doesn't post it first.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Say You Will was unique because Lindsey already had a recorded solo album (with Mick and John) that was rejected by the record company.
guess they were thinking those songs were too good for a LB solo album and needed to be rolled over to FM.

i still get so annoyed that they did that - GOS 2001 would have been such epic album. i feel really lucky that we have that bootleg at least, to get the idea how the album would have sounded if it did come out.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post

Peacekeeper ( original version )...
http://www.mediafire.com/?kdmtywenjgy
Old 01-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Lindsfan!! I think I like this version better too. I wonder why they slowed it down?