User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
As long as there's lots of Bellatrix Lestrange I think I'll be ok.

:/
Nope. Sorry.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Nope. Sorry.

At least tell me there's a lot of my beloved Snape.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Nope. Not a lot of him either.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^
Not surprised. A lot of running around in the woods, I presume. I'm still holding out hope for the last movie in July.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
^^
Not surprised. A lot of running around in the woods, I presume.
Yep. Yawn.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Best movie thus far.

Brandon, I'm 95% sure you didn't like it because you haven't read the book. Astonishingly accurate to the novel (most the time), kept to the absolute essential details. This book is a LOT of backstory and it won't make ANY sense without it, so I was expecting that.

Honestly, the other six movies simply don't compare compared to this one from a Harry Potter reader's standpoint.

I'm going to post more pictures from the premiere later, but here's a taste of my Bellatrix costume....

Yes, I handcarved and painted my wand. I don't have any full body pictures yet but they're coming.

My Dark Mark:

Old 11-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Many thanks for the info, Dani. It's nice to hear that the movie is true to the book. I might go see it this weekend now...

BTW- Love your Dark Mark.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I've been thinking about it more since the viewing... I'm still sticking with my initial thoughts. I think the 5th film is still the best one.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brandon, what I think you're missing from this film is Hogwarts. If you haven't read the book, like Daniela mentioned, it isn't going to be that interesting. Hogwarts is its own character and I was sorely missing it both in the film and in the book.

I liked the film.I would have appreciated some more time in Malfoy Manner. Poor Lucius was looking pretty hagard. Alan Rickman, sigh... I thought the trio did a good job. I was surprised by the amount of sexy time. The Harry/Hermione people must have been happy campers.

I think my favorite film is still Azkaban followed by Phoenix, but this one is coming in at number three right now. It was certainly better than Half-Blood Prince.

I love you Gred and Forge!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going again. In costume... again.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I'm going again. In costume... again.
I must say your costume is amazing! I can't believe you even had the dark mark. That's so cool!!!

I completely agree with you about the movie too. I really liked it.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked it, didn't LOVE it, but it did what it had to do to set up well for the final film, which I am super psyched for. I didn't realize until tonight how much I love Ron Weasley, Rupert's performance in this film was so fantastic. I really, really felt for him.

I also love seeing movies in New York because audiences are so amazing and ridiculous. Legit rounds of applause at certain moments.

I also have to say, I have had such a wonderful time watching these three young actors really come into their own. I mentioned Rupert already, but especially Daniel Radcliffe. I have adored this boy since I saw the first preview of Equus in the West End. He had just done the whole show straight through for a paying audience for the first time and had done a tremendous job, he comes out for the curtain call and he is just wearing a pair of jeans he had thrown on following the final scene (in which he's completely naked). He looked SO overwhelmed by the praise he was getting, like he was about to start bawling at any moment, and Richard Griffiths put an arm around him and pulled him to him and it was just the sweetest, most tender moment. I knew that night that Daniel Radcliffe had so much more coming to him and when I went to see the 5th movie following that (my favorite) I was so happy to see the talent I had seen on stage reflected in the film. I adore that boy, plain and simple.

Anyway, that was a tangent. Enjoyed the film, thought it followed the books pretty well except for a few things here and there. As always, I wish they could have found a way to make more room for some of the other characters that are more present in parts of the book, but I understand why the focus was so much on the three-some, as it very much is in this book. Some of those scenes were gorgeous! And Harry and Hermione dancing, oh my. Can't believe this is almost over!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVED the movie. I thought it was all just... perfect.

Slightly wish there was more Umbridge though, I LOVE to hate that woman - she's the PERFECT villain. So glad when she got hit by that spell

Everyone in the cinema groaned when the credits came up. It was hilarious.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Brandon, what I think you're missing from this film is Hogwarts. If you haven't read the book, like Daniela mentioned, it isn't going to be that interesting. Hogwarts is its own character and I was sorely missing it both in the film and in the book.
No Hogwarts in this film? I don't know if I'll be going to see it then. To me, it was the "character" that made the movies so special, magical, and beautiful to watch. To me, seeing Harry Potter wander around in the mundane modern world holds zero allure. The reason I watch these movies to escape reality. Maybe I'll just wait and see this one on DVD.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
No Hogwarts in this film? I don't know if I'll be going to see it then. To me, it was the "character" that made the movies so special, magical, and beautiful to watch. To me, seeing Harry Potter wander around in the mundane modern world holds zero allure. The reason I watch these movies to escape reality. Maybe I'll just wait and see this one on DVD.
No Hogwarts, but there's TONS of magic. Tons of dark magic.