User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2023, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If they did anything, they’d need Lindsey. If Stevie made amends with him NOW, after the prospects of music from all five of them is impossible, I’d be more pissed than I already am. They had it all right there in front of them and she quashed it. She had her reasons, but then if she reunites with him in the context of the band, she’d need to eat some crow and acknowledge her part in that missed opportunity. I’d rather not see or hear any such configuration of the band.
She mentioned his name right after the second song in Chicago the other night. For someone who states she made it all on her own and that Landslide shot Fleetwood Mac in the stratosphere, I don’t know why she mentions him so much. Wasn’t he just a moment in her story?

She also said she isn’t ready yet to talk about what losing Christine has been like. I take Christine’s word when she said she and Stevie didn’t talk when tours were over.

Addition: They had all the time to make new Fleetwood Mac music before the 2018 Tour, during it too, and after but Stevie didn't want to; it wasn't Lindsey she didn't want to record with - she didn't want to contribute new music to Fleetwood Mac at all. If Lindsey was Cujo in the studio, she would have never done Extended Play... she just didn't have the goods to bring to the group.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 06-25-2023 at 02:56 PM..
Old 06-25-2023, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

She also said she isn’t ready yet to talk about what losing Christine has been like. I take Christine’s word when she said she and Stevie didn’t talk when tours were over.
She can, but not yet and over some wine. Or maybe she meant, whine>.
Old 06-25-2023, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She can, but not yet and over some wine. Or maybe she meant, whine>.
As Christine said about Stevie in 2014/2015: She's self-obsessed, but I love her.
Old 06-25-2023, 03:12 PM

Quote:
As Christine said about Stevie in 2014/2015: She's self-obsessed, but I love her.
When did she say that!? I must have missed it.
Old 06-25-2023, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When did she say that!? I must have missed it.
Stevie’s RollingStone cover piece in 2015. Christine, Waddy, Petty, and HAIM all contributed.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If they did anything, they’d need Lindsey. If Stevie made amends with him NOW, after the prospects of music from all five of them is impossible, I’d be more pissed than I already am. They had it all right there in front of them and she quashed it. She had her reasons, but then if she reunites with him in the context of the band, she’d need to eat some crow and acknowledge her part in that missed opportunity. I’d rather not see or hear any such configuration of the band.
I’ve already said if the two of them ever appear on the same stage ….all my Fleetwood Mac stuff is in the bin…gone.
But I still see Glastonbury as a goodbye…(maybe)(possibly)
Old 06-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I’ve already said if the two of them ever appear on the same stage ….all my Fleetwood Mac stuff is in the bin…gone.
But I still see Glastonbury as a goodbye…(maybe)(possibly)
Same. If he'd go back, it would show how fake all the drama was. I've HATED their hand holding and kissing for decades. So f*cking ridiculous.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Same. If he'd go back, it would show how fake all the drama was. I've HATED their hand holding and kissing for decades. So f*cking ridiculous.
Yes, it’s over…I’ll never get away……never get away……
Old 06-26-2023, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She mentioned his name right after the second song in Chicago the other night.
What exactly did she say?
Old 06-26-2023, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t see anything happening again. Stevie doesn’t need Fleetwood Mac anymore and let’s just all say, she holds the cards. People are willing to shell out good money to listen to her croak through the same tired setlist whilst Waddy tears through Lindsey’s parts on her FM songs with the nuance of a nuclear powered chainsaw. If she had no drawing power solo, I could maybe see something at some point but not anymore and not at their ages. I also don’t see her giving a rats behind about Mick or his need to make money via another rehashed Fleetwood Mac tour if that situation were to come up. I don’t think she cares. And I don’t think she’d ever entertain bringing Mick into her solo band either. Maybe a one-off but not permanently and I doubt Mick would do it either.

The only likely things would be some Mick and Lindsey collaboration and a Christine tribute concert. And even then I could see both L and S taking part but given how tribute concerts can work, they may never see the stage at the same time.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
And I don’t think she’d ever entertain bringing Mick into her solo band either. Maybe a one-off but not permanently and I doubt Mick would do it either.
Oh puhlease, Mick would jump at the chance. What else has he got?

I think he should slop together some "Ringo's All Star Band", or something like that. Otherwise, unless Stevie takes him in, how long until he files for his next bankruptcy?
Old 06-26-2023, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I'm having a flashback to the days when a large chunk of folks thought the biggest bright spot of kicking Lindsey out was that Stevie would finally make new music with the rest of the band. It was going to be a behind the mask fever dream. Us old timers calling BS on that were being too cranky and biased in our defense of Lindsey.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can Stevie really do solo dates in arenas next year (without a co-bill)? That will be the third year in a row of the greatest hits tour and tickets are not cheap. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Can Stevie really do solo dates in arenas next year (without a co-bill)? That will be the third year in a row of the greatest hits tour and tickets are not cheap. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Great point. She is not selling well. Lot of agency tickets sitting out there.
Old 06-26-2023, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh I'm having a flashback to the days when a large chunk of folks thought the biggest bright spot of kicking Lindsey out was that Stevie would finally make new music with the rest of the band. It was going to be a behind the mask fever dream. Us old timers calling BS on that were being too cranky and biased in our defense of Lindsey.
I being a Stevie fan thought that would happen. I bought tickets to shows thinking I’d hear new music. Then by the time September rolled around I thought I’d at least get Stevie gems like Angel, Affairs of the Heart, Freedom, or Welcome To The Room… shucks, was I wrong.

I am sure Neil and Mike would have jumped at doing a new FM album in 2019 or 2020 but Stevie took the offers to do corp gigs and festival dates to play a Gold Dust Tour setlist