User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2024, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why does this board have an incessant need to take that out of context?

Here’s the full quote:

What she’s saying is that she doesn’t understand their premise that it would have been a Fleetwood Mac album if she had participated, since she was on tour. She then goes on to give a justification for why Christine should have made the album.
Not taken out of context at all. Stevie was welcomed by Fleetwood Mac from early 2014 through 2016 (before she started her Fall 2016 Tour). Stevie decided not to make an album with FM because she didn’t want to as early as winter/spring 2014. From early 2014, it was understood that FM would be making an album, see the LA Times piece. In Mick’s 2014 book, he says we’re waiting for Stevie to join us in the studio and we’ll be ready for her. The 2016 Tour did not prevent her from making a Fleetwood Mac album. She decided to go on that tour and it was a decision made in late August 2016. There was plenty of time to record from 2014-2016. She’s saying FM never waited for her tour to finish so she could participate, not “I didn’t want to make a FM album.”
Old 06-18-2024, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She’s saying FM never waited for her tour to finish so she could participate, not “I didn’t want to make a FM album.”
“I just needed my two years off.”

Same difference

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-18-2024, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Also, Stevie makes Christine's death about herself:

“It was all stunningly strange, because there wasn’t any lead up to it,” says Nicks of McVie’s death following a stroke in Autumn 2022. “We got a call, and I was going to rent a plane and go see her, but her family said, ‘Don’t come, because she may not be here tomorrow.’ And the next day, she passed away.
“I wanted to go there and sit on her bed and sing to her –
which definitely would have made her pass away faster,” jokes Nicks to MOJO’s Bob Mehr through tears. “But I needed to be with her. And I didn’t get to do that. So that was very hard for me. I didn’t get to say goodbye.”
Such a shame chris's death didn't go how stevie wanted it to. she is so mindblowingly self-absorbed in just about everything she says. thank god the people across the pond knew how to keep things quiet. Chris made her choices, and she had *the people she wanted* with her. end of story.

and the whole nasty comment about how lindsey might not able to handle a tour? ugh. she uses chris being gone as an excuse for no more FM when it's really because she doesn't want to speak to lindsey.

the whole thing needs to just be over, so I'm glad it is.

--Lis
Old 06-18-2024, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Such a shame chris's death didn't go how stevie wanted it to. she is so mindblowingly self-absorbed in just about everything she says. thank god the people across the pond knew how to keep things quiet. Chris made her choices, and she had *the people she wanted* with her. end of story.

and the whole nasty comment about how lindsey might not able to handle a tour? ugh. she uses chris being gone as an excuse for no more FM when it's really because she doesn't want to speak to lindsey.

--Lis
I guess this is what 45 years of being surrounded by your PAID "yes friends" does to you.
EVERYTHING
IS
ABOUT
YOU.

She's really become a disgusting human being.

god I hope FM is over.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I guess this is what 45 years of being surrounded by your PAID "yes friends" does to you.
EVERYTHING
IS
ABOUT
YOU.

god I hope FM is over.
Tony texted me his sentiment. "she bores me"
Old 06-18-2024, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“I just needed my two years off.”

Same difference
No. What’s your answer for her not being a team player in 2014 by choosing not to join the band in the studio? She was not required to give Reprise/Warners another album in the near future. You make it seem like LBCM only started after the OWTS Tour ended. Also, the band went forward and recorded in 2016 and 2017. She chose not to. Rules for Lindsey and Christine, but not for Stevie. I’m not the boss. This is a team. If people really are FM fans, they’d have said Stevie refused since 2014 to make an FM album. And she refused to make one with Neal and Mike.
I don’t understand their premise was a lie. The album recording started WELL before her tour that was not a tour to promote her 2014 album.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
EVERYTHING
IS
ABOUT
YOU.

god I hope FM is over.
It’s over. She gave Lindsey the final blow in this interview. Basically called him an invalid.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post

--Lis
I'm so glad Christine's family was able to make sure the right people were there and were able to tactfully keep the Stevie circus parked in LA. I can't even imagine how it would have gone otherwise. I just cringe.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure it bothers her to no end that John was there and she wasn't. I bet team Karen loved delivering that news. Good thing the band is done, John would have gotten the axe next.

Edit: oh wait, remember that time Mick and Stevie floated replacing him when he had cancer? Wonderful humans, those two. Truly.

Last edited by BigAl84; 06-18-2024 at 02:51 PM..
Old 06-18-2024, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I'm so glad Christine's family was able to make sure the right people were there and were able to tactfully keep the Stevie circus parked in LA. I can't even imagine how it would have gone otherwise. I just cringe.
She would have ruined it. god I hate her guts.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tony texted me his sentiment. "she bores me"
Richard(former Ledgie who got bant a couple of years ago) texted me, "I hate that F&^%$#@ C^#@".

I'd give anything if Old Goatsy could see how much of the world views her, now.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
No. What’s your answer for her not being a team player in 2014 by choosing not to join the band in the studio?
Team player? There would have been no arena tour without Stevie.

From her perspective, she was being a team player by doing the 2014-15 tour instead of taking two years off after the 2013 tour. Given the sudden uptick in her popularity from AHS, she could have easily delayed the 2014-15 tour instead of delaying her solo plans by nearly two years.

The screw up was not canceling the 2013 tour the second Christine got on the plane to Hawaii. They already had the EP songs. Add Christine into the mix and there could have been a Fleetwood Mac album. Not that that would have happened. As I’ve said before, there’s really no upside for modern day Stevie to have her songs measured against others.

Quote:
Rules for Lindsey and Christine, but not for Stevie.
You say that as if they were of equal standing to her. Fleetwood Mac is about making a lot of money and the only way that happens is with Stevie. She was the most commercially driven and the most business savvy of the lot. She doesn’t have massive career gaps. As a result, she amassed a lot of power in Fleetwood Mac. She’s a megastar outside of band while the others are/were barely viable. So, no, the rules don’t apply to Stevie and it’s incredibly naive to expect otherwise.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-18-2024, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Team player? There would have been no arena tour without Stevie.

From her perspective, she was being a team player by doing the 2014-15 tour instead of taking two years off after the 2013 tour. Given the sudden uptick in her popularity from AHS, she could have easily delayed the 2014-15 tour instead of delaying her solo plans by nearly two years.

The screw up was not canceling the 2013 tour the second Christine got on the plane to Hawaii. They already had the EP songs. Add Christine into the mix and there could have been a Fleetwood Mac album. Not that that would have happened. As I’ve said before, there’s really no upside for modern day Stevie to have her songs measured against others.

You say that as if they were of equal standing to her. Fleetwood Mac is about making a lot of money and the only way that happens is with Stevie. She was the most commercially driven and the most business savvy of the lot. She doesn’t have massive career gaps. As a result, she amassed a lot of power in Fleetwood Mac. She’s a megastar outside of band while the others are/were barely viable. So, no, the rules don’t apply to Stevie and it’s incredibly naive to expect otherwise.
None of these pedantics matter at this point. She's proven multiple times over what a narcissistic a**hole she is and what she really cares about.

It would be so great for somebody from the McVie family to make a statement and basically tell Stevie to STFU. But they have more class than that and it will never happen.

Last edited by BigAl84; 06-18-2024 at 03:16 PM..
Old 06-18-2024, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
None of these pedantics matter at this point. She's proven multiple times over what a narcissistic a**hole she is and what she really cares about.
Of course. I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. The comments about not being able to go to England were especially cringey even by her standards.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-18-2024, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course. I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. The comments about not being able to go to England were especially cringey even by her standards.
It's all good Steve, I'm coming in a little hot today...