User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I already like Isabelle, but haven't thought of her as incredibly sexy. (just didn't think about it) But, hey, she's an older french woman who is an exceptional actress. I'd be suprised if she wasn't sexy...
She's very plain, but for some reason she's just incredibly sexy to me. Especially in that movie. Maybe it had to with her character, who knows, but she's smokin'.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Oy, I have to buy that movie. I have a yearning to watch it now. -_- I loved the part when he was laughing about the pet cemetary and she got all serious on him. Gawd, that movie was so good. It should have gotten some Oscar nods, dammit. Zach Braff is quite talented and I love Scrubs (the only good sitcom on TV these days).
really? I didn't think it was quite Oscar worthy, just good, a nice little movie. But, maybe I'm thinking that because there wasn't much to it - but also I think that's part of why it was good. He really just told it as a story, he didn't feel the need to punctuate everything, and tell you how to feel about it, which I appreciate. And there were lots of strange parts, but again, he didn't hit you over the head with it, it was just how it was - life is kind of strange. Zack Braff is okay, I'm not sure I liked him in this role. Course, I may just not like how he looks... Anyway, it didn't really detract from the movie much, so it's not a big deal...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
She's very plain, but for some reason she's just incredibly sexy to me. Especially in that movie. Maybe it had to with her character, who knows, but she's smokin'.
Maybe it's cause she's a Pisces? (March 16) No, she is sexy, i've seen her be so before. At first when I saw her I thought "she's not very pretty", then I changed my mind and didn't care. I think it was...that book...Madame Bovary, that's it. Anyways...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
really? I didn't think it was quite Oscar worthy, just good, a nice little movie. But, maybe I'm thinking that because there wasn't much to it - but also I think that's part of why it was good. He really just told it as a story, he didn't feel the need to punctuate everything, and tell you how to feel about it, which I appreciate. And there were lots of strange parts, but again, he didn't hit you over the head with it, it was just how it was - life is kind of strange. Zack Braff is okay, I'm not sure I liked him in this role. Course, I may just not like how he looks... Anyway, it didn't really detract from the movie much, so it's not a big deal...
I thought the script should have been nominated and Natalie Portman was better in Garden State than she was in Closer (*shudder* Toothy Roberts *shudder*), IMO. I just thought the whole thing was perfection, except maybe the ending, it was too pat. I think I liked it because it didn't seem forced or fake like most other movies.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe it's cause she's a Pisces? (March 16) No, she is sexy, i've seen her be so before. At first when I saw her I thought "she's not very pretty", then I changed my mind and didn't care. I think it was...that book...Madame Bovary, that's it. Anyways...
Christ, I'm finding out that almost all the movie stars I have crushes on are Pisces.

She's a good actress, I like her. And she gets props for that sex scene in Huckabees, my word. You couldn't have paid me to do that ****.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought the script should have been nominated and Natalie Portman was better in Garden State than she was in Closer (*shudder* Toothy Roberts *shudder*), IMO. I just thought the whole thing was perfection, except maybe the ending, it was too pat. I think I liked it because it didn't seem forced or fake like most other movies.
That is why I liked the movie, too.
But to be honest, Natalie's performance didn't seem earth shattering to me. It actually seemed to me that it would be a really easy part to play...she did a great job, but again, easy part. IMO. Not to diminish her performance, I don't think anyone else could've done better, but...
Anyway, I loved the movie, just not quite as much as you...

Old 03-20-2005, 05:21 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christ, I'm finding out that almost all the movie stars I have crushes on are Pisces.

She's a good actress, I like her. And she gets props for that sex scene in Huckabees, my word. You couldn't have paid me to do that ****.
ooo, that's a nice little tease for me, now I can't wait...Is it gross? Is it bizarre? Is it with an animal? why wouldn't you do it? *curiosity at fever pitch level*

Old 03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Woah, Amber!
You're almost up to 10,000 on the post count. Are we gonna have a Ledgie party when you reach that milestone?
Hi, sweetie! Yeah, I think I'll give the other ledgies a party and shut my mouth for a few days!

Old 03-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Mullins Center is the pits, man. I got into a fight with someone at a Smashing Pumpkins (bite me, this was the nineties) concert there once after they blew pot smoke in my face. Threw my coke right at them.

I actually might brave the tweens and see Destiny's Child. I am endlessly fascinated by Beyonce, I think she's quite a talent.
Raise your hand if you used to sing "despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage," randomly?

I had some crazy bitch behind me at the Camden show throw coke on myself and some people next to me. I turned around and laughed. She was BEYOND drunk.

Destiny's Child?!?! I'd pay to see you with that lot.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperdoll
I know I'll definately be going to see Paul McCartney. I caught him on his last tour and that was my first time seeing him. I never thought I'd get to see him ONCE in my lifetime. Getting to see him a second time is a dream come true for me. It's like getting to see FM again On my wish list of course is Stevie, since I've never gotten to see her solo.
--Amy
I HAVE to see Paul at least once in my lifetime before he finally decides to call it quits. Same goes for Eric Clapton. I hear he puts on one hell of a show.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
F*ck it, I love to threadjack!

My favorite part in Garden State was when she took him to her house after he went to the shrink and she does that silly little dance and makes those noises "because no one has ever done that exact same thing before." That **** had me on the floor. It was such a good movie, loved it. And wasn't Jean Smart a riot as that kids ho for a mom?!
Jean Smart was great. Good to see her back on screen I love when they first meet in the doctors office and she's all, "Ooh, great job man! I really thought you were retarded. I mean, you're better than that Corky kid and he's actually retarded. If there was a retarded Oscar you would win, hands down, kick his ass!"

I think I need to watch that today--that and French Kiss... "my ass is twitching...you people make my ass twitch."
Old 03-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ooo, that's a nice little tease for me, now I can't wait...Is it gross? Is it bizarre? Is it with an animal? why wouldn't you do it? *curiosity at fever pitch level*
Oy, it's beyond bizarre. I'm not a dirt fiend, so...

But I don't want to spoil it for you, it's one of the funniest scenes. Did you rent the two-disc version? The making-of doc on the second disc is priceless. Jude Law and Dustin Hoffman with long hair and tits. Love it!

Old 03-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Raise your hand if you used to sing "despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage," randomly?

But I never had rage issues, so I suppose I was a poseur.

I still think Tonight Tonight is still a damn fine song, though.

Quote:
I had some crazy bitch behind me at the Camden show throw coke on myself and some people next to me. I turned around and laughed. She was BEYOND drunk.
I would have pushed her to make her fall flat on her ass.

Quote:
Destiny's Child?!?! I'd pay to see you with that lot.
Nah, I'm not going. But I love Beyonce and don't give a fiddler's fart what anyone says.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oy, it's beyond bizarre. I'm not a dirt fiend, so...

But I don't want to spoil it for you, it's one of the funniest scenes. Did you rent the two-disc version? The making-of doc on the second disc is priceless. Jude Law and Dustin Hoffman with long hair and tits. Love it!
yeah, looks like I did rent the two disk one.
I'm in the middle of Alfie, now.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, looks like I did rent the two disk one.
Score!

Quote:
I'm in the middle of Alfie, now.
I'm going to stop calling it Alfie and will now refer to it as Yum-ie.