Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I don't remember him saying that.
Now, don't you start with me I know I've done this before, but I know he said it. It was brief, but he did say it. Big Morning Buzz, maybe? Geez, I'll find it.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Now, don't you start with me I know I've done this before, but I know he said it. It was brief, but he did say it. Big Morning Buzz, maybe? Geez, I'll find it.
Sorry! I just usually remember when he says something as specific as that!

Let us know if you find it!!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
no, not BMB. i know that one, i cut and re-cut it bunch of times till i managed to get it down to the right size.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

yeah i definitely never heard it - b/c i was specifically waiting to hear that as a confirmation of my song interpretation.

for now, the fact that there's a lot of Kristen in that part of vid, i'm taking that as a confirmation that i'm right.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed this video. My favorite part was seeing him play the songs either alone or with the band in his studio. Man, that was some great stuff! I appreciate when artists open up about each of their songs, and even though LB still has a very vague/ambiguous way of describing things at times...I can dig it. I personally think that sometimes it can be hard for him to explain his songs because:

a) they're even more personal than he let's on
b) he's so in-tuned and focused when he writes/records them that has to really stretch to put that into words

Anyway, I do love what he said about many of the songs. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I almost never go on LB's official site, sadly, and glad this was posted here.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah i definitely never heard it - b/c i was specifically waiting to hear that as a confirmation of my song interpretation.

for now, the fact that there's a lot of Kristen in that part of vid, i'm taking that as a confirmation that i'm right.
Why? I mean - I'd like to know your interpretation.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, it makes sense in the way it's written: "Save me, it's gone too far." I think of someone crying out for a loved one to rescue them from the world.
I like the way he explained the other part though.

When the false props you've used to get you somewhere, leave you alone at the end, then you need saving.

But actually, what I like about the song is that I imagine that he's talking about someone else and looking at their sadness and he's the one asking to be saved from it. It's like the verses are talking about someone else's pain and then in the chorus, he's asking to be saved from it. That gets to me. That and the vulnerability in his voice.

Michele
Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I enjoyed this video. My favorite part was seeing him play the songs either alone or with the band in his studio. Man, that was some great stuff! I appreciate when artists open up about each of their songs, and even though LB still has a very vague/ambiguous way of describing things at times...I can dig it. I personally think that sometimes it can be hard for him to explain his songs because:

a) they're even more personal than he let's on
b) he's so in-tuned and focused when he writes/records them that has to really stretch to put that into words
Totally agree.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:

I will CAD You guys will be the first to know!

Elle, I know you're right. Maybe it was in a print interview, if not BMB...Hmmm.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why? I mean - I'd like to know your interpretation.
here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...&postcount=291

may be completely wrong or stupid, but that's how it struck me when i first heard the words.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...&postcount=291

may be completely wrong or stupid, but that's how it struck me when i first heard the words.
Oh, ok. I just wondered what you got out of the dungeon, the diamond falling, the pain, the shame?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, ok. I just wondered what you got out of the dungeon, the diamond falling, the pain, the shame?
i think you and Michele may have gone through these a while ago. conclusion was that diamond can symbolize marriage valves, same as kneeling at the altar or shrine. the pain fits with my explanation above. dungeon part i never fully understood but you or Michele had some explanations if i remember correctly.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dungeon part i never fully understood but you or Michele had some explanations if i remember correctly.
My thoughts on dungeon were not related to Kristen. With Stevie, I link dungeon to the castle walls in her own song and castle walls have not only a sexual connotation and associated guilt, but they really remind me of them locking themselves up in the coffee plant at night because it was scary too.

However, if I turn those lyrics on Kristen, I would see dungeon in a Freudian way, like the basement. Your unconscious mind, primal urges, something dark and painful in a mental sense, combined with Rock Away Blind, I would come away thinking that something destructive has happened to her in the past, something that she didn't reveal to him, but that he discovered.

Michele
Old 01-11-2012, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think you and Michele may have gone through these a while ago. conclusion was that diamond can symbolize marriage valves, same as kneeling at the altar or shrine. the pain fits with my explanation above. dungeon part i never fully understood but you or Michele had some explanations if i remember correctly.
Yeah, we did. I was just curious how you get Kristen out of it. But, you're not a big Stevie fan, right? Sometimes it's easy to make the connections in Lindsey's lyrics by knowing hers - or at least themes.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, we did. I was just curious how you get Kristen out of it. But, you're not a big Stevie fan, right? Sometimes it's easy to make the connections in Lindsey's lyrics by knowing hers - or at least themes.
no, i'm not a stevie fan and don't know much about her lyrics. what i've seen people quoting as great SN lyrics mostly does nothing for me. i first heard landslide and i thought music and lyrics were great, and those lyrics struck a chord with me. but it was all downhill from there.

so what are connections to stevie's lyrics on TTWTLG? do you disagree the song is about Kristen?