Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I know already you made assumptions that were wrong , and it was proven
"I could have sworn it was you who found a torrent of it, started downloading it, then became suspicious of it's authenticity? "

I never said where it was ... but I am assuming you'll are looking and thinking it was on an american / english speaking sites .

Continue to trash me
I'm not trashing you. You are posting claims you are choosing not to substantiate, and I am questioning their validity. As a moderator, I am tasked with upholding board rules. Trolling is explicitly against board rules. Any one of your claims seem far fetched... but combined, they raise concern. Especially since you are refusing to offer any proof. Everyone has a cell phone these days, and all 21st century cell phones have cameras. Why didn't you snap a photo of the album for sale? It's that easy to prove skeptics wrong vs just arguing with them. It's also worth noting the Ledge moderation team has the ability to see IP addresses for every single post here on the board. If you were to post while in NYC for instance, we have the ability to substantiate or debunk that.

For what it's worth, I'm not looking for the album online, period. Much like you stated, I don't do the whole pirating thing. Plus, I will hopefully receive my LP within a week. I can wait that long.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you should try setting your google alerts to a different language and check non english sites for stuff to lift
I will not trash you Olive, however, someone on this site has heard the album. Spill the beans! Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 09-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm not trashing you. You are posting claims you are choosing not to substantiate, and I am questioning their validity. As a moderator, I am tasked with upholding board rules. Trolling is explicitly against board rules. Any one of your claims seem far fetched... but combined, they raise concern. Especially since you are refusing to offer any proof. Everyone has a cell phone these days, and all 21st century cell phones have cameras. Why didn't you snap a photo of the album for sale? It's that easy to prove skeptics wrong vs just arguing with them. It's also worth noting the Ledge moderation team has the ability to see IP addresses for every single post here on the board. If you were to post while in NYC for instance, we have the ability to substantiate or debunk that.

For what it's worth, I'm not looking for the album online, period. Much like you stated, I don't do the whole pirating thing. Plus, I will hopefully receive my LP within a week. I can wait that long.
Should it come on release day?
Old 09-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Should it come on release day?
With the IYD pre-order from Warners, most got their CD's on release day, some got it the day before, and some got it a day or two after. It's one big crap shoot.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
With the IYD pre-order from Warners, most got their CD's on release day, some got it the day before, and some got it a day or two after. It's one big crap shoot.
I remember they did the same thing for Trouble In Shangri La. I got the album several days after the release date. I was an unhappy camper to say the least.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember they did the same thing for Trouble In Shangri La. I got the album several days after the release date. I was an unhappy camper to say the least.
I've already decided that when the mail comes next Tuesday, if my record is not on my doorstep, I'm driving to my favorite record shop and buying it there. I don't want to be reading everyone's reviews next Tuesday and be the ONE person who hasn't had a chance to listen. It would be just my luck.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Quote:

then ban me for not posting links to pirated music which is not allowed here , am I right ?

I mentioned I saw it and unless any of you read Chinese then what good is it to you ? I wasn't expecting the bat shi!t crazy self entitlement treatment , movies and cds leak all the time and not necessarily in this country but in the ones they are manufactured in , as for not taking a picture it never crossed my mind why would I ? i have nothing to prove I am not seeking attention , other wise I would have ,so everyone would like me and I would be popular on an internet bulletin board (how said would that be ) as for tracking me when I am not home I an usually not on line for that very reason

Last edited by olive; 09-23-2014 at 04:52 PM..
Old 09-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I will not trash you Olive, however, someone on this site has heard the album. Spill the beans! Inquiring minds want to know!
I saw it on a a site ( not american ) I have not heard it I do not have it I don't pirate music or movies , even if I PRE ORDERED IT

Last edited by olive; 09-23-2014 at 04:54 PM..
Old 09-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
then ban me for not posting links to pirated music which is not allowed here , am I right ?

I mentioned I saw it I wasn't expecting the bat shi!t crazy self entitlement treatment , movies and cds leak all the time and not necessarily in this country but in the ones they are manufactured in , as for not taking a picture it never crossed my mind why would I ? i have nothing to prove I am not seeking attention , other wise I would have ,so everyone would like me and I would be popular on an internet bulletin board (how said would that be ) as for tracking me when I am not home I an usually not on line
this isn't that big of a deal. It's not like someone is posting false track listings. I think we are all on edge because we really like what we have heard and want some type of news. It's time for reviews to becoming in and stuff... And we all know we are on the edge of discovery. To me your fine.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
TISL, I went to Tower Records in Cherry Creek and waited in a (very) small line to get my copy of the CD and my free lithograph when the store opened that morning. It is inconceivable to me now that I wouldn't be at work on a Tuesday morning!

For In Your Dreams, after work I drove to the nearest Barnes & Noble.

24 Karat Gold would be my first pre-order for a Stevie album. I really hope the vinyl shows up on Monday.

For The Other Side of the Mirror, I remember I was 16 and had to go camping with my family, and I was aware a new album was being released, and I had heard a radio show around that time which was an interview with Stevie, and much discussion of the making of TOSOTM, with some song previews. We were camping in Marquette, Michigan, and I seem to remember oddly enough that we went to a mall (who goes to the mall when camping?), and I think it was in a Camelot Music store that I bought The Other Side of The Mirror. They had taken the promo posters for the album and cut them into giant letters to make a "S" and an "N" on the wall, which was also plastered with OSOTM album flats, and I thought it was totally the coolest thing I had ever seen.

Street Angel was an exercise in frustration. It had already been delayed twice. I was getting my information from a guy who ran a poster shop - Hollywood Poster Company - on Colfax in Denver. Man, that store had every music poster you could ever imagine. Pre-internet, posters of Stevie were like sacred relics. Yes I know there was internet in 1994, but seriously like no one that I know used it at the time, and pretty much AOL *was* the whole internet, lol. Anyway, on the day it was finally released, I went to Media Play because Wax Trax hadn't ordered it. And they only had the cassette. Are you kidding me, I thought, but bought it anyway to listen to on my Walkman. I didn't have it on CD until years and years later in 1999 when I ordered the Japanese version from Amazon.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 09-23-2014 at 06:14 PM..
Old 09-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Amazon mailed my advanced order copy of SYW one full week after you guys were raving about it here. That was the longest wait of my life.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
TISL, I went to Tower Records in Cherry Creek and waited in a (very) small line to get my copy of the CD and my free lithograph when the store opened that morning. It is inconceivable to me now that I wouldn't be at work on a Tuesday morning!

For In Your Dreams, after work I drove to the nearest Barnes & Noble.

24 Karat Gold would be my first pre-order for a Stevie album. I really hope the vinyl shows up on Monday.

For The Other Side of the Mirror, I remember I was 16 and had to go camping with my family, and I was aware a new album was being released, and I had heard a radio show around that time which was an interview with Stevie, and much discussion of the making of TOSOTM, with some song previews. We were camping in Marquette, Michigan, and I seem to remember oddly enough that we went to a mall (who goes to the mall when camping?), and I think it was in a Camelot Music store that I bought The Other Side of The Mirror. They had taken the promo posters for the album and cut them into giant letters to make a "S" and an "N" on the wall, which was also plastered with OSOTM album flats, and I thought it was totally the coolest thing I had ever seen.

Street Angel was an exercise in frustration. It had already been delayed twice. I was getting my information from a guy who ran a poster shop - Hollywood Poster Company - on Colfax in Denver. Man, that store had every music poster you could ever imagine. Pre-internet, posters of Stevie were like sacred relics. Yes I know there was internet in 1994, but seriously like no one that I know used it at the time, and pretty much AOL *was* the whole internet, lol. Anyway, on the day it was finally released, I went to Media Play because Wax Trax hadn't ordered it. And they only had the cassette. Are you kidding me, I thought, but bought it anyway to listen to on my Walkman. I didn't have it on CD until years and years later in 1999 when I ordered the Japanese version from Amazon.
Nice stories, I really enjoyed reading how you got all of Stevie's new release's. I recall going to Harmony House and getting Street Angel when it came out that night. I think I recall getting the Enchanted Box set @ Best Buy but not sure it was the actual release date. The others I got later not on the release dates. Esp. the early one's because I didn't start collecting Stevie or Mac till '88. This will also be my first buy online release from Warner Brothers/Reprise records I do hope they arrive before the dates but time will tell. Esp. the Cd with the deluxe booklet and Lithograph. I hope I get the one I want cause they didn't give you a choice when I ordered mine early in the AM that day. Thanks again for the interesting reading!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 09-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Nice stories, I really enjoyed reading how you got all of Stevie's new release's. I recall going to Harmony House and getting Street Angel when it came out that night. I think I recall getting the Enchanted Box set @ Best Buy but not sure it was the actual release date. The others I got later not on the release dates. Esp. the early one's because I didn't start collecting Stevie or Mac till '88. This will also be my first buy online release from Warner Brothers/Reprise records I do hope they arrive before the dates but time will tell. Esp. the Cd with the deluxe booklet and Lithograph. I hope I get the one I want cause they didn't give you a choice when I ordered mine early in the AM that day. Thanks again for the interesting reading!!
Thanks! You reminded me about Enchanted. So I went one day to buy the new Tori Amos album, From The Choirgirl Hotel, and happened to find Enchanted while browsing. I was totally blown away! It seemed at the time like the ultimate Stevie Nicks collection, even though in retrospect it excluded a few hard-to-find songs.

I wish Enchanted had been a vinyl box set. I think it could fit on a 6-LP set.

I'm hoping for the right lithograph, too. *fingers crossed* Good luck!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Thanks! You reminded me about Enchanted. So I went one day to buy the new Tori Amos album, From The Choirgirl Hotel, and happened to find Enchanted while browsing. I was totally blown away! It seemed at the time like the ultimate Stevie Nicks collection, even though in retrospect it excluded a few hard-to-find songs.

I wish Enchanted had been a vinyl box set. I think it could fit on a 6-LP set.

I'm hoping for the right lithograph, too. *fingers crossed* Good luck!
Another great story, I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us !! let me know when you get it, which one came OK!! I hope were both happy that day!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 09-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is also the first time I have bought any album online, and come to think of it, one of the few times I've bought vinyl online. Let's see.. considering I wasn't old enough to buy any Stevie albums until TISL, that would have to be my first buy. I was 10 (I think) and there was this old record store in Nottingham called Selectadisc, which closed and reopened a few years ago, and I went in with the most posh outfit I could find (I was 10) to ask the kind gentleman to order me a "special CD". He said of course, and also gave me a free copy of Rumours on vinyl, which I was excited for, but kept thinking "That's a bloody huge CD!"

Then, dear Stevie didn't release an album for 10 years so I was 20 the next time I got to buy IYD. Actually, a boyfriend gave me Crystal Visions I think.. Anyways, 2011 was a really hard year for me personally, and so for some reason I never got to enjoy this record like I had before. I can't explain it, but there wasn't really a song on there that I could relate my personal life to at the time. However it was during this time that I discovered the Rock a Little demos, which perfectly resonated with me, every inch, every fibre of my being.. It was just, such a terrible year, and those haunting, careless, destructive songs were somehow perfect to me. Anyways! Lol