User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Well, the American people are amongst the laziest people to grace this Earth, so good luck in trying to get them to take any responsibility about anything. The American people roll over and fetch for the people in charge and it's only gotten worse in the name of partisan politics. Throw the Bible around with some random month-old fetus and everyone is up in arms, ready to picket and bomb abortion clinics. Send their kids over to Iraq to kill other kids and all they do is wave the flag, slap a magnet onto the ass of their car, and profess their allegiance with Bush. The current crop of Americans wouldn't know true democracy if it flew up and bit them in their self-satisfied, greedy asses. They're ignorant and stupid by choice. Great country, lazy people.
AMEN - but I would soften it to say "mostly lazy people" - what was that about shades of gray

BTW - your post bolsters if not proves my point that the media put the info out there and the majority of Americans could care a less Thanks

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, the American people are amongst the laziest people to grace this Earth, so good luck in trying to get them to take any responsibility about anything. The American people roll over and fetch for the people in charge and it's only gotten worse in the name of partisan politics. Throw the Bible around with some random month-old fetus and everyone is up in arms, ready to picket and bomb abortion clinics. Send their kids over to Iraq to kill other kids and all they do is wave the flag, slap a magnet onto the ass of their car, and profess their allegiance with Bush. The current crop of Americans wouldn't know true democracy if it flew up and bit them in their self-satisfied, greedy asses. They're ignorant and stupid by choice. Great country, lazy people.
I wasn't going to say it in those words howver I think in a sense it could be true, I know at election time, I felt the same way but I try to think the best of people and that it will eventually work out, we had our conservatice PM re-elected a month before your election, I was shocked, I thought we would win but at the same time, it isn't because middle Australia are being lied to so much, it is that middle Australia are getting what they want, - grants for first home buyers, grants to help pay for new babies, expensive but popular, so really people are stupid to get rid of it if they benefit.

Our economy is good and we are thriving at the moment, however from what I am aware, America ain't doing so great at the moment.
Tynan
Old 01-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

China will be the largest in the next ten years of less.

India already is the largest Democracy on the planet.

America, however, still retains the economic and, along with her allies, the military power - so we shall see where this leads
It will lead to a hell of a lot of problems in this generation, because it is a huge shift given current standars and conceptions, ie: personally I think our world will change even more greatly in the next hundred years than the last, because the next generation will be generally free of a lot of the old school though patterns of my grandparents generation (I am sixteen) and we will see radical thought changes.

I predict legalisation of marijuana the norm (we can discuss this in another thread if your up for) and much different views towards homosexuals and lesbians, and all for the better!

Tynan
Old 01-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
BTW - your post bolsters if not proves my point that the media put the info out there and the majority of Americans could care a less Thanks

Yeah, the media that only interested, intelligent, and responsible people, such as myself, seek out. If you can tell me that average Americans have the intelligence to access stuff such as The Nation and The Economist, I'll give you a kiss. That kind of truthful media is the only real media we have. Most Americans are ignorant to this fact and listen to the gospels of GE, Murdoch, Sinclair, and Disney. If you can honestly tell me that they did their jobs in reporting over the past three years, I'll give you another kiss, only this time I'll up the ante and slip some tongue.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan88
I wasn't going to say it in those words howver I think in a sense it could be true, I know at election time, I felt the same way but I try to think the best of people and that it will eventually work out, we had our conservatice PM re-elected a month before your election, I was shocked, I thought we would win but at the same time, it isn't because middle Australia are being lied to so much, it is that middle Australia are getting what they want, - grants for first home buyers, grants to help pay for new babies, expensive but popular, so really people are stupid to get rid of it if they benefit.

Our economy is good and we are thriving at the moment, however from what I am aware, America ain't doing so great at the moment.
Tynan
I think all people are generally lazy Thus, I would not limit Americans in that label.

As for the economy - all major indicators indicate it is well on the way to recovery save any terrorist attack, etc. Personally, I welcome this news no matter that it will put a feather in that jerk W's hat. But, I am not partisan

The question is whether it will revcover and then boom (with legal profits unlike the costly and economic ruining fraud that went unchecked in the 90's - that little fiasco cost trillions in lost wealth and tens of millions of lost jobs ) enough so that America can pay the OUTRAGEOUS debt W put us in to get there. Personally, I am unsure. But, I hope it does. It certainly could, but that is going to take some doing (like STOP SPENDING ON CREDIT ) and a lot of luck.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yer I think the debt was something was big, the American national debt is bigger than our whole budget for the next ten years! Is it true it is over a trillion dollars?

Tynan
Old 01-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah, the media that only interested, intelligent, and responsible people, such as myself, seek out. If you can tell me that average Americans have the intelligence to access stuff such as The Nation and The Economist, I'll give you a kiss. That kind of truthful media is the only real media we have. Most Americans are ignorant to this fact and listen to the gospels of GE, Murdoch, Sinclair, and Disney. If you can honestly tell me that they did their jobs in reporting over the past three years, I'll give you another kiss, only this time I'll up the ante and slip some tongue.
You may kiss me whenever you like

But and again, I do not know what more they could do to get it through to people. But, they did report the good with the bad and reported it often. Those facts speak for themselves and if you have any evidence to the contrary let's see it.

The problem was people like Hannity, BO, and the mad ant Scarborough and their ilk were allowd to voice their response. Should we have silenced them I wish we had no matter the cost to freedom of the press - and I know EXACTLY what that makes me sound like

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-08-2005 at 08:08 PM..
Old 01-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yer I think the debt was something was big, the American national debt is bigger than our whole budget for the next ten years! Is it true it is over a trillion dollars?

Tynan

I think so - but that number is difficult to figure and people use different models. But, that sounds about right. I think a booming economy can cut that to zero - but and again, that will require discipline, which the R's have none of

Old 01-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
The problem was people like Hannity, BO, and the mad ant Scarborough and their ilk were allowd to voice their response
Well I think it speaks volumes that the names of the fox enws network are the names i have heard in Australia, that is the face you are presenting to the world.

Tynan
Old 01-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I think it speaks volumes that the names of the fox enws network are the names i have heard in Australia, that is the face you are presenting to the world.

Tynan
well, they really cannot be silenced by law and I submit every country has these types

Well, we present others as well. I also tend to think FOX is not broadcast too much outside of the US. I base this on my travels abroad. The hotels (American and foreign owned) always have CNN, which IMO (shut us Diss ) is FAR from being conservative and is a little bit like light or diet news. I have never seen Fox in any of those hotels. Thus and hopefully, we keep our crazies in the upstairs room

Old 01-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think FOX news is shown in Australia for a bot of a novelty :lol

CNN though to be honest I don't associate with a country, I see it as more of an international station, because it is very diverse.

Tynan
Old 01-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Tynan
That's because you have Rupert Murdoch running the show over there.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think FOX news is shown in Australia for a bot of a novelty :lol

CNN though to be honest I don't associate with a country, I see it as more of an international station, because it is very diverse.

Tynan
If only I could have babies with Christiane Amanpour...LOVE. HER. TO. DEATH.

That is a real journalist, folks.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's because you have Rupert Murdoch running the show over there.
Well yer I guess you could be right although there is a lot of bitterness towards him here, because he had to give up his Australian citizenship to go and own Fox News, so we find it ashame he put his business ahead of his country.

He's no great loss though, he's still basically identified as an Aussie anyway

Tynan
Old 01-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If only I could have babies with Christiane Amanpour...LOVE. HER. TO. DEATH.

That is a real journalist, folks.
Yep - and Americans SAW her report the news Thus, my point