User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Seeing that you two decided to do this together....

No idea about those "bombshells". There's no such thing as an anti Stevie fans. You don't like her. Period.

If you two don't want to go to any FB group to see how people from the musical industry (you know, those who can actually play an instrument) are speaking in favor of Lindsey, that's your problem, not mine. These are not sources, these are people who usually work with Lindsey. I honestly don't care if you two believe them or not. Trust me, they won't be crying on a corner because of that.

Waddy has worked with both Lindsey and Stevie. So yeah, he's not gonna be in the middle of all this.

You know, if you two are gonna come here to ask for a fight, then don't go later to the post rumous thread to say "oh, what a relief it is to be here!".
So why not just quote the musicians by name in very post if you are talking about them here? It would give more validity to your posts. Instead they come off as anti-Stevie, and since you have been anti-Stevie way before this incident, I truly don't believe much of what you post. You say Children of Stevie have blinders on about Stevie. I think the reverse is true about many only-Lindsey fans (not all).

I don't feel the need to retreat to the post-Rumours board. I will post there and I will continue to post here. I'm sorry if you don't like it when I (and others) question your posts, but tough.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
So why not just quote the musicians by name in very post if you are talking about them here? It would give more validity to your posts. Instead they come off as anti-Stevie, and since you have been anti-Stevie way before this incident, I truly don't believe much of what you post. You say Children of Stevie have blinders on about Stevie. I think the reverse is true about many only-Lindsey fans (not all).

I don't feel the need to retreat to the post-Rumours board. I will post there and I will continue to post here. I'm sorry if you don't like it when I (and others) question your posts, but tough.
Because only you and your buddies don't know who I am talking about. The rest of the people here took the time to go and do a search, like any normal person do. Or you do and you're playing dumb.

Question all you like! You think I care? You're questioning many people's sources, not just mine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Okay here are names:
Rick Turner, the man behind the brand of Turner guitars, which Lindsey has been loyal to for decades. Note: Lindsey is not his boss, he is not employed by Lindsey in any way, Lindsey just uses his guitars. He also didn't make some grand personal defense of Lindsey. What he said was just some facts, all very objective.
Federico Pol: the bass player from the BuckVie tour. Again, Lindsey isn't his boss. He was employed by Lindsey and Christine and their teams when they were on tour, they're no longer on tour. And he also made no great personal defense of Lindsey either. All he said was that it isn't true Lindsey was looking to delay the tour, he was excited for it and had even told him when the rehearsal dates were.

This all corroborates what all the people who claimed they had inside information had been saying for a long time. It is also corroborates that video of Lindsey telling the fans his plans for the year. But ya know, all these people and their straightforward claims just aren't reliable enough. And Lindsey himself just can't be 100% trusted when he says what he's planning :')
Old 05-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Because only you and your buddies don't know who I am talking about. The rest of the people here took the time to go and do a search, like any normal person do. Or you do and you're playing dumb.

Question all you like! You think I care? You're questioning many people's sources, not just mine.
Even if God and all the archangels descended from heaven and told them Mick and Stevie had Lindsey fired and lied about it on worldwide television, the chiffon contingent will simply not believe them.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Okay here are names:
Rick Turner, the man behind the brand of Turner guitars, which Lindsey has been loyal to for decades. Note: Lindsey is not his boss, he is not employed by Lindsey in any way, Lindsey just uses his guitars. He also didn't make some grand personal defense of Lindsey. What he said was just some facts, all very objective.
Federico Pol: the bass player from the BuckVie tour. Again, Lindsey isn't his boss. He was employed by Lindsey and Christine and their teams when they were on tour, they're no longer on tour. And he also made no great personal defense of Lindsey either. All he said was that it isn't true Lindsey was looking to delay the tour, he was excited for it and had even told him when the rehearsal dates were.

This all corroborates what all the people who claimed they had inside information had been saying for a long time. It is also corroborates that video of Lindsey telling the fans his plans for the year. But ya know, all these people and their straightforward claims just aren't reliable enough. And Lindsey himself just can't be 100% trusted when he says what he's planning :')
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Even if God and all the archangels descended from heaven and told them Mick and Stevie had Lindsey fired and lied about it on worldwide television, the chiffon contingent will simply not believe them.
Trust me both when I tell you we will be subjected to the same questions next week. And the next one. And the next one.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, so they are defending their boss...guess staying employed on his solo tours isn't a motivation? Guess they can't expect to stay employed if they said...Lindsey, that was a really stupid thing you said about the cash grab concerts and your manager.

Really, would you accept Karen as a source?
See what I mean?
Old 05-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Children of Stevie" are out of their cells for a walk....
Oh my, you mean the children that said they planned to leave bad show reviews wherever possible without actually seeing a show? Perhaps the ones saying they reported e-mails related to tour stops as spam/malware, or maybe the ones that call people farm animal names? And no, not being willing to write off a band completely just because it went through yet another personnel change doesn't put you in some sort of Stevie worshiping cult. It means you are an adult that has enjoyed the music of several incarnations of it and you don't feel the urge to cry or get hysterical over the absence of any one person. Apparently having a dissenting opinion in three posts or so to your three hundred is picking a fight? And yes, you do seem to care an awful lot whether people believe you. You can't seem to let a single person who isn't in lock-step with you get by without trying to convince them you're right. You even bragged about in in reference to someone saying they were considering leaving. You said you wanted them to stay because you and he/she always answered back whenever anyone posted something that you felt needed to be set straight. ("set straight" being my words, I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact terminology you used)
Old 05-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Oh my, you mean the children that said they planned to leave bad show reviews wherever possible without actually seeing a show? Perhaps the ones saying they reported e-mails related to tour stops as spam/malware, or maybe the ones that call people farm animal names? And no, not being willing to write off a band completely just because it went through yet another personnel change doesn't put you in some sort of Stevie worshiping cult. It means you are an adult that has enjoyed the music of several incarnations of it and you don't feel the urge to cry or get hysterical over the absence of any one person. Apparently having a dissenting opinion in three posts or so to your three hundred is picking a fight? And yes, you do seem to care an awful lot whether people believe you. You can't seem to let a single person who isn't in lock-step with you get by without trying to convince them you're right. You even bragged about in in reference to someone saying they were considering leaving. You said you wanted them to stay because you and he/she always answered back whenever anyone posted something that you felt needed to be set straight. ("set straight" being my words, I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact terminology you used)
Stop telling me how I'm suppose to feel. It doesn't help when you come out with condescending comments like the above. Try and respect that other people are very upset, and don't "move on" like you can.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Stop telling me how I'm suppose to feel. It doesn't help when you come out with condescending comments like the above. Try and respect that other people are very upset, and don't "move on" like you can.
You are right, I should have worded that much better than I did. I respect that you are dealing with some issues right now and hope that things are better soon. Change is hard sometimes and I admittedly felt a little off kilter about it at first as well. I wasn't referring to you personally, but I do apologize that I offended you.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are right, I should have worded that much better than I did. I respect that you are dealing with some issues right now and hope that things are better soon. Change is hard sometimes and I admittedly felt a little off kilter about it at first as well. I wasn't referring to you personally, but I do apologize that I offended you.
Thank you, I really appreciate that.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You made some very good points; the name calling, the bad behavior, the unpleasantness, it's happening on many fronts, certainly not on just one side, and I think it's important for everyone to acknowledge this and change it. Just because you disagree with something or someone is not a reason to resort to name calling. I appreciate a reasonable discussion but when people get heated, the conversation suddenly turns ugly. This applies to me as much as to anyone else.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I was talking about the children that are asking for proofs over, and over and over again. And no matter that other people here (not me) tell all of you what you are asking for.

This is the first personnel change in the band in over 28 years, so I honestly don't care very much if you like it or not that many of us write off the band of our lives, because two people in that band were part of his firing. Go and enjoy the tour. We will continue leaving bad reviews if we want to.

If you and your friends stop asking for proofs of everything we talk about in.every.post then maybe I'll have to stop explaining the questions ALL OF YOU ARE ASKKING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. My 300 posts is because of all of you who kept asking over and over again the same questions. I'm not trying to convince anyone. You stop asking, I stop posting.

Last edited by button-lip; 05-03-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Old 05-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Button-lip, in light of my last post, I would like to apologize to you as well. I thought about it and I am sorry that we keep locking horns on this issue. I respect that you are sad about the current band situation and that we all deal with things in different ways. I think that I will take my own advice and try to step away from all the "noise" of the current situation. Perhaps we all need a break. I hope that it is beautiful and sunny where you are and that you have a nice day.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
But if we express our anger we're being disrespectul.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Okay here are names:

Thank you for posting the names.