User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
that's a great pic. he reminds me of my dog maya. same build and very similar face. how old is he? sorry, i know you've mentioned it before. also, is he a mutt? two of mine are mutts for sure, but we think smidge is a rat terrier. no way to really know, since they're all pound puppies.
He's 8 &1/2. And yeah, he's a mutt. I've heard speculation from Border Collie, to Rat Terrier, to Whippet, to Jack Russell. When he was a little younger, he was the fastest dog I'd ever seen. And not that it's saying much, but he's smarter than I am.

I've decided that I'm going to go through U of Wisc's experimental Melanoma Vaccine program. They told me yesterday that they will let me make payments on the mandatory 2K "donation". $500 down, and only $250 a month after that. That will put me(after I get the "donation" payed for) at.........$16,500.

And he's worth every penny of it.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He's 8 &1/2. And yeah, he's a mutt. I've heard speculation from Border Collie, to Rat Terrier, to Whippet, to Jack Russell. When he was a little younger, he was the fastest dog I'd ever seen. And not that it's saying much, but he's smarter than I am.

I've decided that I'm going to go through U of Wisc's experimental Melanoma Vaccine program. They told me yesterday that they will let me make payments on the mandatory 2K "donation". $500 down, and only $250 a month after that. That will put me(after I get the "donation" payed for) at.........$16,500.

And he's worth every penny of it.

Man...you're a saint and an amazing person for taking such good care of you boy...and he's so cute!!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:51 PM
DrummerDeanna
This message has been deleted by DrummerDeanna.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My New Baby!

Sorry she's so out of focus, but the lighting in my room is crap.

I just bought her today. Her name is Jade and she's an Oriental Firebelly Toad. She's little and very skinny, but she's got a strong appetite and she's a skilled little huntress. She ate four crickets in the first two minutes of being in her quarantine tank. She's got two months to fatten up and prove that she's healthy before I move her in with my other two, Ernie and Esmerelda.

You know, with my toads and my rat and my cats, I'd probably have been burned as a witch by now if I lived way back when...

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 11-30-2006 at 01:56 AM..
Old 09-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Suze inspired me w/ her video of Mufasa....

So without futher ado - Clancy Moo makes her You Tube debut:

This is pretty close to when I first got her - she's not been as vocal since - and now she mostly just grumbles at me.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ LOL. that is so cute! oh, and my playing that vid just woke up sadie. if *she* starts barking, i'm hunting you down.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

This isn't totally indicative of his real talent, but hints at it. He was on fire today, leapt about 4 feet after a "ball" I threw him. He has that wide receiver thing, too, where he follows the "ball" while running and catches it "over his shoulder". He really is quite the athlete, even for a cat. Some team should snatch him. First round draft pick, Spanky!!! Huzzaaahhh!!! *crowd goes wild at amazing catches/goalie stops*

The bad thing is that I can't seem to simultaneously take a good video while also
giving him a good throw. He's best at catching the fast high ones. You know, leaping line drives for a shortstop? He's still hella cute and committed here. It's weird I got an athlete cat who is good in the exact same way as me. I've never had a cat like this, and I've had a lot of cats. I have two others right now, but neither could do this. Great, I found my soul mate, and it's a cat. He is my sexy man, I just know if he was human he'd play catch with me all the time, and go hiking....he's like the perfect bf, but he's a cat.
Yes, I love my cat, so what?! He's veeeery special, even compared to all the cats I've had. This cat can catch a ball like I haven't seen since I was 10, catching a ball! And again, can I just thank "god" he catches bugs? I hate bugs. Plus it saves me money on his food. He catches rats and mice and god knows what else, too. I love all cats, but this is the cat you've always hoped for. At least I've always hoped for. He's like my twin, but in cat form, but who eats bugs instead of being scared of them. I like to sing: "Talkin' 'bout the kii-teee - of my dreams!"
Okay, I'll stop.

I think he is the same kind of cat as Suze's. Except Suze's looks bigger, like maybe a Maincoon, whereas mine is more petite, like a Norwegian Forest Cat. I had a Maincoon before, though, and he was very special as well - like a dogcat. Easily trained, always wanted to be on the lap....But Huge! I mean, big. Big boned, big head...Is your cat big, Suze?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-24-2006 at 12:18 AM..
Old 09-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ LOL. that is so cute! oh, and my playing that vid just woke up sadie. if *she* starts barking, i'm hunting you down.
Sowwy!! My dog keeps starting when I play it- it's a bit too much for her to handle I think.

Here's one where she is not barking, but rather having some sort of fit....

Old 09-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG CUTE. sooooo cute!!!!! sadie does the same thing - rolling around and growling. how old is clancy?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG CUTE. sooooo cute!!!!! sadie does the same thing - rolling around and growling. how old is clancy?
F**K!! These YouTube people are hard to please I just got a bunch of comments on how boring my video is....I didn't really think anyone but Ledgies and my mom would watch it

Anyway - Clancy is estimated to be about 10. I got her at the shelter, they told me she was 9, but the vet seems to think she may have gone prematurely gray due to stress (she was abandoned by her long-time owner) and I think she may have been abused.

She's in excellent health and has no "old-dog" ailments as of yet....so I don't know. She's got the little white face, so she looks a little older
Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Here is my baby.

Ohmygod. Soooo laughing my ass off. That's how my gooboy is with one of those mousy-real fur toys. Except he growls, too.
Oh, man that was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Suze inspired me w/ her video of Mufasa....

So without futher ado - Clancy Moo makes her You Tube debut:

This is pretty close to when I first got her - she's not been as vocal since - and now she mostly just grumbles at me.

Omigod!!!! "Good girl! So fearsomes!" Bwahahahahaha! "GRrrrrrr! GRRRRRRR!!!!!"

*wipes tears away*

This makes me think that if America's Funniest Home Videos was all pets, I would actually watch it.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Sorry she's so out of focus, but the lighting in my room is crap.

I just bought her today. Her name is Jade and she's an Oriental Firebelly Toad. She's little and very skinny, but she's got a strong appetite and she's a skilled little huntress. She ate four crickets in the first two minutes of being in her quarantine tank. She's got two months to fatten up and prove that she's healthy before I move her in with my other two, Ernie and Esmerelda.

You know, with my toads and my rat and my cats, I'd probably have been burned as a witch by now if I lived way back when...
Wow--that's beautiful!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
F**K!! These YouTube people are hard to please I just got a bunch of comments on how boring my video is....I didn't really think anyone but Ledgies and my mom would watch it

Anyway - Clancy is estimated to be about 10. I got her at the shelter, they told me she was 9, but the vet seems to think she may have gone prematurely gray due to stress (she was abandoned by her long-time owner) and I think she may have been abused.

She's in excellent health and has no "old-dog" ailments as of yet....so I don't know. She's got the little white face, so she looks a little older
people are such bastards.

poor clancy! what a doll. it's unimaginable what some people do to animals. our old cat alfy was thrown out of a moving car in a garbage bag with another cat. we think they tried to drown him before doing so because for the 6 years we had him, he would never drink water unless he felt how deep it was with his paw first. poor thing. we lost him too young.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sowwy!! My dog keeps starting when I play it- it's a bit too much for her to handle I think.

Here's one where she is not barking, but rather having some sort of fit....

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Total belly laugh! Omigod, I can't wait till I can get a dog. Hahahahahahahaha. Oh, man, that sh*t was funny. *and breathe*.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
This makes me think that if America's Funniest Home Videos was all pets, I would actually watch it.

Animals are so much more entertaining than 4 year old hitting people in the crotch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie781
people are such bastards.

poor clancy! what a doll. it's unimaginable what some people do to animals. our old cat alfy was thrown out of a moving car in a garbage bag with another cat. we think they tried to drown him before doing so because for the 6 years we had him, he would never drink water unless he felt how deep it was with his paw first. poor thing. we lost him too young.
LOL - I think it's funny - one dude said that next time I post a video I should put more thought into it.

I think I'll put Clancy is a cute dress for the next video - maybe have her dance and carry sparklers

Oh my God that is awful about alfy - but so good that you found him and gave him a good home....if I had the means I'd love to do an animal rescue type thing.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL - I think it's funny - one dude said that next time I post a video I should put more thought into it.

I think I'll put Clancy is a cute dress for the next video - maybe have her dance and carry sparklers

Oh my God that is awful about alfy - but so good that you found him and gave him a good home....if I had the means I'd love to do an animal rescue type thing.
um, please make that video.

oh, and speaking of videos ... i'm jumping on the bandwagon: