User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
not even TMI thread, eh? sounds like an orgy took place! am i close?
Hammer head hits nail on head, for the most part. It wasn't 30 people, or anything near that.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Good LORD, that's a lot of rain. If I could take some away from you, I so would.

Mind you, if we got that amount of rain in this country, everyone would start to panic. We're totally unprepared for anything weather-related that isn't boring.
Haha! Too true. Only have to mention rain in Cornwall to realise the truth in that. You'd think they'd have put the entire village on stilts by now lol.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Haha! Too true. Only have to mention rain in Cornwall to realise the truth in that. You'd think they'd have put the entire village on stilts by now lol.
I'm sure (under the previous government anyway) that they've attempted to do this, but all the red tape about what colour the stilts should be, not to mention the height, the materials or how much they would cost, will have stopped this becoming reality

Silly politicians. I'd love to see old people on stilts. Possibly kung-fu fighting.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure (under the previous government anyway) that they've attempted to do this, but all the red tape about what colour the stilts should be, not to mention the height, the materials or how much they would cost, will have stopped this becoming reality

Silly politicians. I'd love to see old people on stilts. Possibly kung-fu fighting.
Ok...This actually made me snort with laughter...Gawd our Government is ****. With Cameron in power it's almost made me begin to miss dear old Gordon Brown. That's BAD! I hear Cameron's next public speech is just going to be him slitting the throats of newborn babes and drinking their still warm blood. Or so I've heard on the Grapevine.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok...This actually made me snort with laughter...Gawd our Government is ****. With Cameron in power it's almost made me begin to miss dear old Gordon Brown. That's BAD! I hear Cameron's next public speech is just going to be him slitting the throats of newborn babes and drinking their still warm blood. Or so I've heard on the Grapevine.
See, I actually like Cameron. I voted Tory (which is not something most students would admit, although, I'm guessing a fair few of them DID vote Tory. Get them drunk enough, and I've heard confessions).

I'm not a big fan of Labour, at all. Being a History student, it's quite a common pattern. Labour debt - Tory cuts - Labour debt - Tory cuts.

Still, one thing I will say about the government;

"Nick Clegg: Deputy Prime Minister" - most hilarious way any politician has been introduced. Ever.

I imagine their exchange goes like this

Clegg "Can I introduce a policy this week, please? Can I? Pleeease?"
Cameron "Be quiet. Have a toffee"

Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
See, I actually like Cameron. I voted Tory (which is not something most students would admit, although, I'm guessing a fair few of them DID vote Tory. Get them drunk enough, and I've heard confessions).

I'm not a big fan of Labour, at all. Being a History student, it's quite a common pattern. Labour debt - Tory cuts - Labour debt - Tory cuts.

Still, one thing I will say about the government;

"Nick Clegg: Deputy Prime Minister" - most hilarious way any politician has been introduced. Ever.

I imagine their exchange goes like this

Clegg "Can I introduce a policy this week, please? Can I? Pleeease?"
Cameron "Be quiet. Have a toffee"
Wow *blink*.... I suppose you're right, though. They seem to follow the pattern so they can clean up the mess the others left behind.

My friend, a term I use loosely, voted Tory before fleeing to Spain on a student exchange program. My left wing friends (not me. I could be left wing but I like nice things ) are gonna kill him. Kind of hope he doesn't come back, just so he can stay alive hehe.

Clegg reminds me of the young boys they had as "Slaves" for the older Private School boys. I can just see him with a hot crumpet up his arse, ala Blackadder while he does the Tories laundry. "Giggles at the image of him hopping up and down holding his arm up like an eager young school child*.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow *blink*.... I suppose you're right, though. They seem to follow the pattern so they can clean up the mess the others left behind.
Exactly. Me and my friend were having this debate in Starbucks the other day (she also voted Tory) and it seems that this is why there's so much stigma towards voting Tory, because they introduce necessary spending cuts, after Labour overspend on popular policies - but on things we simply cannot afford. I like Labour in principal, but, in practice, I just don't think it works. Look at the Blair generation, it was on the news today that only 40% of Primary schools are at the standard level in reading, writing and maths. Which is quite shocking really.

Although, I look at the work my younger cousins have, and it looks so much easier than the work I had when I was their age. I don't know if that's just because I'm older and it IS easier... or what.

Sorry. I totally went off on one. This is why I don't talk politics, I get really into it and just babble boring crap for ages. Sorry

Back to fun stuff! My brother took great delight in telling me that there's a 100% chance of snow (according to a MET office website) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Yays.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. Me and my friend were having this debate in Starbucks the other day (she also voted Tory) and it seems that this is why there's so much stigma towards voting Tory, because they introduce necessary spending cuts, after Labour overspend on popular policies - but on things we simply cannot afford. I like Labour in principal, but, in practice, I just don't think it works. Look at the Blair generation, it was on the news today that only 40% of Primary schools are at the standard level in reading, writing and maths. Which is quite shocking really.

Although, I look at the work my younger cousins have, and it looks so much easier than the work I had when I was their age. I don't know if that's just because I'm older and it IS easier... or what.

Sorry. I totally went off on one. This is why I don't talk politics, I get really into it and just babble boring crap for ages. Sorry

Back to fun stuff! My brother took great delight in telling me that there's a 100% chance of snow (according to a MET office website) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Yays.
I don't think Politics in general works in practice, to be honest with you. For every action a Government take to ammend a wrong, there is a positive and a negative aspect to the decision. And naturally (Being British and thus cynical I'm sure has alot to do with this lol) we as the public focus on the negative, attacking the Government for it whilst missing the positive completely. Although I suppose that does depend on the magnitude and scale of the positive and negative reactions in balance. Eg. Plus side of recycling = One new box of Kleenex. Negative side of recycling = Some schmo at the factory blowing his nose on every fifth tissue "for a laugh". You're not going to buy a box of Kleenex, are you? Pretty crude example, but the point made sense in my head at least hehe! It's half past 1 in the morning. Go to bed Bee. You're typing backwards (but correcting still).

Don't worry lol! I'm a sucker for tangents. They're so shiny and full of possibilities they can't live up too. Ooo.. just like Campaign Pledges hehe.

My Mum seems to think they've forecast blizzard heavy snow on Christmas Day which should be a lark.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Don't worry lol! I'm a sucker for tangents. They're so shiny and full of possibilities they can't live up too. Ooo.. just like Campaign Pledges hehe.

Oho, I see what you did thar! Although, I fully support the students who are pissed with the Lib-Dems. They lied. Simples.

Although, swinging on the centopath and attacking the Royal Family? Not cool.

They should activate the Queen, I reckon she'd be a great absolute monarch.

Quote:
My Mum seems to think they've forecast blizzard heavy snow on Christmas Day which should be a lark.
Then we might get more 999 calls like this -

My god, it's nearly 2am. MUST. DO. DREYFUS. ESSAY.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oho, I see what you did thar! Although, I fully support the students who are pissed with the Lib-Dems. They lied. Simples.

Although, swinging on the centopath and attacking the Royal Family? Not cool.

They should activate the Queen, I reckon she'd be a great absolute monarch.

Then we might get more 999 calls like this -

My god, it's nearly 2am. MUST. DO. DREYFUS. ESSAY.
I support them too. Been to a ton of Protests myself, although as a Pacifist it's always been peaceful with me. Although I'm not a fan of Camilla at all (The greatest compliment ever being Rupert Everett *licks his gorgeous flowery face* using her as the blueprint for Fritton hehe) I didn't agree with it either. There's ways and means of getting your point across, and violence only alienates the people you need to listen.

Activate the Queen? You make her sound like a weapon. Ooo...Is her Pacemaker connected to the shiny red button in the Governmental Office? I may just start referring to her as the Omega 13 from now on lol (Joke only makes sense if you've seen Galaxy Quest hehe)

I heard about that lol! I felt like finding out her number and calling her myself, just so I could call her a Daft B with an Itch before hanging up again lol.

Haha! Got to love Procrastination. I love those days where you walk into your Studio at 9am intent to paint and by 6pm you realise that instead of picking up a paintbrush, you've actually constructed a full body cast from Sellotape. Constructive use of time
Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha! Got to love Procrastination. I love those days where you walk into your Studio at 9am intent to paint and by 6pm you realise that instead of picking up a paintbrush, you've actually constructed a full body cast from Sellotape. Constructive use of time
I tend to get my assignment up... and then drift towards ebay. I've spent £30 tonight on Christmas presents... for myself. (In my defence, I've already done the rest of my Christmas shopping )

Old 12-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I tend to get my assignment up... and then drift towards ebay. I've spent £30 tonight on Christmas presents... for myself. (In my defence, I've already done the rest of my Christmas shopping )

If you wrap them and put them under the Tree for yourself then we are really on the same Page As a treat I wrapped up a Rolling Stones T Shirt and four Stevie albums for me to open gleefully Christmas morn
Old 12-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you wrap them and put them under the Tree for yourself then we are really on the same Page As a treat I wrapped up a Rolling Stones T Shirt and four Stevie albums for me to open gleefully Christmas morn
So glad I'm not the only one who does that.

Although, I don't think I'll wrap them up, I'll just stash them in my room. I totally geeked out and bought an adorable Aerith plushie, and an adorable Cloud plushie. I had a nerd moment of weakness.

Too cute.

Last edited by Artemis; 12-14-2010 at 09:26 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I don't know if Stevie would have been able to write these words when she was 15.
Oh don't worry... it can happen at my age.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahaha. I bought myself a peace sign necklace that is totally Nancy Wilson. I also have 3 Stevie albums coming from myself! I don't know if they are going to get here before Christmas, but if they do they might just go under the tree, .
My Mom bought me Heart tickets as part of my Christmas present, and I'm going to print them out soon and wrap them so I can open them on Christmas and be all surprised and happy. Mom thinks I'm nuts, so don't feel bad..