The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the Chronicle's review - I feel like adding a comment, "Uh, that huge album? It's spelled 'RumoUrs.' Duh."

Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac
by Carol Ann Harris
Chicago Review Press, 383 pp., $24.95

"A flash of movement, a fist to the side of my face, and the back of my head slammed into the wall. I crumpled to the floor." Lindsey Buckingham's fist and the head of Carol Ann Harris, who began dating the wiry pop savant as Fleetwood Mac's Rumors became one of the bestselling albums of all time, rendezvous more than once in Storms: My Life With Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac. "Lindsey backed me up against the wall and held me by the throat. As his hands tightened, I knew that I was helpless." From 1976 to 1984, Stevie Nicks' successor in Buckingham's boudoir became more and more helpless, imprisoned by the guitarist's narcissism cum genius, the Andean piles of Bolivian marching powder torching Fleetwood Mac, and her own naivete. Lock "The Chain." Harris the author does just that, moving swiftly through the band's peak like a musician sucking up yet another line of blow. Cocaine night at Eric Clapton's castle, Buckingham bullying Kenny Rogers at the Grammys, and noses to mirror in the convertible of SoCal's most eligible cocksman and drug Hoover, Beach Boy Dennis Wilson, don't disappoint. Like Red Hot Chili Pepper Anthony Kiedis' rippling Scar Tissue, another Hollywood Boulevard of broken bones and illusions, Storms rages ripe and juicy. Revelations such as the fact that Buckingham built Rumors' equally brilliant follow-up Tusk on a diet of the Talking Heads, Clash, and Sex Pistols lace their way through the epilepsy of fame and fortune at its highest high. You must never break the chain.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrob...oid=oid:524294
Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
From 1976 to 1984, Stevie Nicks' successor in Buckingham's boudoir became more and more helpless, imprisoned by the guitarist's narcissism cum genius, the Andean piles of Bolivian marching powder torching Fleetwood Mac, and her own naivete. Lock "The Chain." Harris the author does just that, moving swiftly through the band's peak like a musician sucking up yet another line of blow. Cocaine night at Eric Clapton's castle, Buckingham bullying Kenny Rogers at the Grammys, and noses to mirror in the convertible of SoCal's most eligible cocksman and drug Hoover, Beach Boy Dennis Wilson, don't disappoint.
You guys noticing a pattern here?

Quote:
Revelations such as the fact that Buckingham built Rumors' equally brilliant follow-up Tusk on a diet of the Talking Heads, Clash, and Sex Pistols...
****. I was going to incorporate this into my new book, Revelations For The Retarded. Oh well.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
****. I was going to incorporate this into my new book, Revelations For The Retarded. Oh well.
I just spit out my breakfast that was so funny.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Here's the Chronicle's review - I feel like adding a comment, "Uh, that huge album? It's spelled 'RumoUrs.' Duh."

Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac
by Carol Ann Harris
Chicago Review Press, 383 pp., $24.95

"A flash of movement, a fist to the side of my face, and the back of my head slammed into the wall. I crumpled to the floor." Lindsey Buckingham's fist and the head of Carol Ann Harris, who began dating the wiry pop savant as Fleetwood Mac's Rumors became one of the bestselling albums of all time, rendezvous more than once in Storms: My Life With Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac. "Lindsey backed me up against the wall and held me by the throat. As his hands tightened, I knew that I was helpless." From 1976 to 1984, Stevie Nicks' successor in Buckingham's boudoir became more and more helpless, imprisoned by the guitarist's narcissism cum genius, the Andean piles of Bolivian marching powder torching Fleetwood Mac, and her own naivete. Lock "The Chain." Harris the author does just that, moving swiftly through the band's peak like a musician sucking up yet another line of blow. Cocaine night at Eric Clapton's castle, Buckingham bullying Kenny Rogers at the Grammys, and noses to mirror in the convertible of SoCal's most eligible cocksman and drug Hoover, Beach Boy Dennis Wilson, don't disappoint. Like Red Hot Chili Pepper Anthony Kiedis' rippling Scar Tissue, another Hollywood Boulevard of broken bones and illusions, Storms rages ripe and juicy. Revelations such as the fact that Buckingham built Rumors' equally brilliant follow-up Tusk on a diet of the Talking Heads, Clash, and Sex Pistols lace their way through the epilepsy of fame and fortune at its highest high. You must never break the chain.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrob...oid=oid:524294
i don't like his review because he's trying so hard to be artistic in his words it's almost unreadable. get to the point & skip the flowery ****
Old 08-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
cum genius
OHYES
Old 08-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
OHYES
Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe after two months this thread is still raging on about the book and it's so called author. The woman is a PIG! (OINK!)

CarolC
Old 08-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

it sounds like there is nothing new us hard- cores don't already know
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
I can't believe after two months this thread is still raging on about the book and it's so called author. The woman is a PIG! (OINK!)

CarolC
yeah, obviously you're totally over it!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
yeah, obviously you're totally over it!
hahahaha i think i just fell in love with you carrie!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

You can attack me all you want. It says more about you than me. I don't have to attack other posters or their opinions/observations to make my point(s) or to establish credibility. Never have and never will. So get over it. I have a different opinion. A reasonable person would accept that and let it go.

I have noticed, that there are a handful of habitual offenders on this board, who think it is their mission to attack anyone who has a different opinion than them in an attempt to bully dissenters (re: people whose opinion differs from theirs) into silence. Won't work with me. I welcome their inane emotional ratings. It only serves to reinforce my observations about their character and agendas.

CAH is A PIG! You can defend her all you want. But attacking me doesn't make your arguments, on her behalf, valid let or credible. It makes you look desperate. It goes without saying that even bullies have a right to their opinion. But, I also have a right to say she's an amoral, self-righteous PIG who betrayed the band's trust to make a buck. If you can't accept that opinion without attacking me, then again, it says more about you than me!

Peace
CarolC
Old 08-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can attack me all you want. It says more about you than me. I don't have to attack other posters or their opinions/observations to make my point(s) or to establish credibility. Never have and never will. So get over it. I have a different opinion. A reasonable person would accept that and let it go.

I have noticed, that there are a handful of habitual offenders on this board, who think it is their mission to attack anyone who has a different opinion than them in an attempt to bully dissenters (re: people whose opinion differs from theirs) into silence. Won't work with me. I welcome their inane emotional ratings. It only serves to reinforce my observations about their character and agendas.

CAH is A PIG! You can defend her all you want. But attacking me doesn't make your arguments, on her behalf, valid let or credible. It makes you look desperate. It goes without saying that even bullies have a right to their opinion. But, I also have a right to say she's an amoral, self-righteous PIG who betrayed the band's trust to make a buck. If you can't accept that opinion without attacking me, then again, it says more about you than me!

Peace
CarolC
You attacking her makes your arguments valid or credible??? If anything it makes you look desperate. Every chance you get you call her a pig. Makes me wonder who the pig is in this case

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced

Last edited by The Catdancer; 08-23-2007 at 12:45 PM..
Old 08-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I really just can't understand the utter hate and disgust for a woman that you don't even know. I'm the first to agree that it isn't difficult to prevent pregnancy. That being said, some people make some irresponsible decisions, it happens every day. But I think she made the most responsible decision she could, following her irresponsible move. She gave the child up for adoption to people who could love and care for the child and provide it with a good home. At least she had enough sense to realize she couldn't provide a stable environment for the child.

And as far as her getting pregnant with Lindsey - maybe they planned it? Who really knows except those who were there?

Just my two cents, fwiw.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Peace
CarolC
i was neither defending CAH nor attacking you. you are perfectly entitled to say whatever you want about CAH, i just find it laughable that you replied in this thread to point out that everybody else was still replying

i also find it laughable that you bookend your vitriol with 's in the subject line and 's in your closing. what is that about?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i also find it laughable that you bookend your vitriol with 's in the subject line and 's in your closing. what is that about?
passive/aggressive behavior...