User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no, no - 2 separate scenarios and parts of the doc. although he may have been talking about both in the same segment - the one where he's going on about "eating a f*ck of a lot of money"

i guess double album was an option being pushed by LB after the 2 albums / 2 tours got nixed.
I do remember both of these ideas but I don't remember them being independent of each other. Maybe I'm just misremembering though. It's been awhile.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I've been listening to SYW a lot recently, and Stevie is on fire on that album. I think if you cut SYW down to 5 songs from each of them, you have an incredible album:

Stevie:
Illume
Thrown Down
Running Through The Garden
Everybody Finds Out
Destiny Rules

Lindsey:
Peacekeeper
Miranda
Steal Your Heart Away
Bleed To Love Her
Say Goodbye
That would have been a perfect SYW Album. They also could've released a deluxe version with the following tracks:

STEVIE -
Smile At You
Silver Girl

LINDSEY -
What's The World Come To?
Come
To hear you
Old 01-22-2016, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no, no - 2 separate scenarios and parts of the doc. although he may have been talking about both in the same segment - the one where he's going on about "eating a f*ck of a lot of money"

i guess double album was an option being pushed by LB after the 2 albums / 2 tours got nixed.
no he was talking about one, double album.

they talked about how artists only get paid for 12 songs. On a double album they would have had almost double that number of songs. Stevie would not ever be willing to give up any money, so she would insist on getting paid for all her songs (8 or 9 or whatever it was.). She would not split the 12 evenly with Lindsey (which would mean she'd only get paid for like 6 of her songs and not all of them). That would leave Lindsey to get paid for only 4 songs or so of his. The rest he would have to put out for no money. That was the f#ckload of money he was willing to give up to get out the double album (all at once) that he wanted to do.

In the end, Stevie threatened to only tour for the first 40 dates that had already been planned if the band went forward with the double album. That forced Lindsey's hand, because he was banking on recouping money he lost on the double album from the touring, which would have meant touring for quite a long time-- far more than 40 dates. If she refused to do more than 40 tour dates, he'd be screwed out of recouping the money he lost on the album. So he did the math and decided it was better to shorten to a single album, with the compromise of 18 songs, and then the long tour. Boy needed to pay for that mansion the wife was designing.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-22-2016 at 07:35 PM..
Old 01-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

they talked about how artists only get paid for 12 songs. On a double album they would have had almost double that number of songs. Stevie would not ever be willing to give up any money, so she would insist on getting paid for all her songs (8 or 9 or whatever it was.). She would not split the 12 evenly with Lindsey (which would mean she'd only get paid for like 6 of her songs and not all of them). That would leave Lindsey to get paid for only 4 songs or so of his. The rest he would have to put out for no money. That was the f#ckload of money he was willing to give up to get out the double album (all at once) that he wanted to do.

In the end, Stevie threatened to only tour for the first 40 dates that had already been planned if the band went forward with the double album. That forced Lindsey's hand, because he was banking on recouping money he lost on the double album from the touring, which would have meant touring for quite a long time-- far more than 40 dates. If she refused to do more than 40 tour dates, he'd be screwed out of recouping the money he lost on the album. So he did the math and decided it was better to shorten to a single album, with the compromise of 18 songs, and then the long tour. Boy needed to pay for that mansion the wife was designing.
ha, you are right that was what f*ck of a lot of money remark was about.

but he did also talk about an album followed by a tour and then another album followed by another tour that can give them a nice 4-5 year run. must have been another part of the doc.

guess we need to pull back out that DR doc and re-watch to sort it all out!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing!

I don't feel like doing f#ck all this wkend, so maybe I'll get around to it.

I was thinking the "nice 4-5 year run" was just the one album and tour. I mean, this *is* FM we're talking about--- a year to record the album, a few months to mix and master it, tour rehearsals for a ridiculous like 2 months (stunning for band that plays no new songs and has toured forever) and then touring around the world for a couple of years.... but now i'll have to re-watch!!
Old 01-23-2016, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys quoting that word reminds me of when they were doing an interview and Lindsey had earphones on and they asked if he could hear and he said, "I can't hear sh**." It was so funny the way he said it.

Lindsey, you could've just said no.

Michele
Old 01-23-2016, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I happen to find DR on YT.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I happen to find DR on YT.

Thank you!
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 01-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I do remember both of these ideas but I don't remember them being independent of each other. Maybe I'm just misremembering though. It's been awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Quote:
ha, you are right that was what f*ck of a lot of money remark was about.

but he did also talk about an album followed by a tour and then another album followed by another tour that can give them a nice 4-5 year run. must have been another part of the doc.

i skipped through that youtube video. apparently i must have been dreaming: there as a f of a lot quote in a separate part of the doc from 4-5 year run but i don't hear 2 albums and 2 tours anywhere.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Ledgie

What songs do people want to hear on the new album? I can really only name Stevie ones, as I'm mostly a fan of her. I'd love to see (alongside newly written material)

-The Prettiest Girl In The World
-China Doll (with a beautiful piano part written by Chris)
-At The Fair
~
Although I would like to see Goodbye Angel finally see the light of day.
To hear you
Old 01-25-2016, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadmabelnormand View Post
What songs do people want to hear on the new album? I can really only name Stevie ones, as I'm mostly a fan of her. I'd love to see (alongside newly written material)

-The Prettiest Girl In The World
-China Doll (with a beautiful piano part written by Chris)
-At The Fair
~
Although I would like to see Goodbye Angel finally see the light of day.
all 7-8 new songs Chris and Linds recorded together in 2014. plus 5 new songs Lindsey, Mick and John recorded back in 2012 that are not on the EP. although depending on what they are, maybe some of them can be a part of LB's new solo album.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I keep looking for even the slightest bit of news re: the new album and keep finding nothing. The new album isn't even new anymore, as the newest of the new songs are already 1.5 years old.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I keep looking for even the slightest bit of news re: the new album and keep finding nothing. The new album isn't even new anymore, as the newest of the new songs are already 1.5 years old.
And in the music business, material can get dated on the shelf. oy...
Old 01-27-2016, 09:17 AM

Christine: We'd like to play you this brand new song that we wrote 3 years ago. It's called Carnvial Begin

Lindsey: Stevie just refuses to go away so.......

Old 01-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont care how long ago the song has been written .Its new to me when it gets released.

What can they write about now.Heres some titles.For LOL.....

"We Are Over The Hill"
"We Love Our Job Now And Not Be A Walmart Greeter"
"Whos Going to Fill Our Shoes" Similar to George Jones hit.

Of course they could have some surprises.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016