User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Yep. And if you look around the other forums, you'll see posts from other members of the band as well.

jeremy spencer and john mcvie. or are there more??

Old 07-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I saw John McVie's and both of Bob Welch's....but I missed Jeremy Spencer. What is Ledge name?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Senior Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

. truly, it is already SO five minutes ago. and won't change how anyone sees or hears fleetwood mac or stevie nicks or lindsey buckingham.

The fact that we're discussing this issue 3 weeks later does NOT make it "so five minutes ago." Well leave that to Lindsey Lohan.

I firmly believe that Lindsey's stock among some (not all) of us has gone down because of what CAH has written. Perhpas, not as a musician, but as a person. There can be no denying that his "demons" and "physical acts" have a scintilla of truth to them. Anyone who believes that she's making this stuff up out of whole cloth hasn't read Stevie's story of how he accosted her (my words, not hers) in the parking lot after saying he was not touring on Tango. Same modus operandi as with CAH. Come on people, much of what she said would be truly libelous (written) and slanderous (oral) AND actionable if they never happened. Its called filing suit. Clearly, there has to be some truth (her version of the truth anyway) as to what occurred or Lindsey's attorneys would have been all over it like flies on flypaper.

As to medical records? Real easy to get. Sign a release and they're yours.

Once again, this was 30 years ago and memories are dim, BUT I believe that there has to be some basis in fact for whats she writes in the book. Otherwise, why did someone fight for 10 years to keep this off of the presses?

Glenn
Old 07-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I saw John McVie's and both of Bob Welch's....but I missed Jeremy Spencer. What is Ledge name?
jeremy spencer

it's in the pre-rumours section ofcourse

Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
No. That's who I was referring to. It's wonderful to see them post here.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
This is true. I was there for 3 weeks, sleeping in a bus shelter (not the Chateau) and it looked like it could fall apart at any minute. I don't know about the bugs and if it was cold but yes, it was very, very old.
Is the Chateau still there?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Is the Chateau still there?
I think so. I looked it up on Google Earth and the place looks renovated (if it is still Le Chateau). If you want to look it up, here's the address: 6 Rue Geoges Duhamel, Herouville, France.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 07-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennGlenn View Post
.Anyone who believes that she's making this stuff up out of whole cloth hasn't read Stevie's story of how he accosted her (my words, not hers) in the parking lot after saying he was not touring on Tango.
Well as Stevie herself is sure to remind interviewers regarding this incident, she's the one who initiated the violence: springing across the room to strangle Lindsey upon his announcement.

And I still love her.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I love John McVie.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Ledgie

Default storms

ok,its been a long while since I have been aboard. I told myself I wouldn't get caught up in the bickering about CA'S book but I can't resist. I must say that I am a fan of Lindsey Buckingham. I didn't want to read the book because of having,maybe,an inkling that maybe my favorite musician had a flaw. Afterall,I named my daughter Lindsey(hers w/ an 'a')because of Lindsey. I kinda admired his determination to bulldoze his own path and be his own person and not be a follower....instead a person that was able to think outside the norm,for better or worse. So,don't get me wrong,I like Lindsey.
BUT,BUT!,I say, what is to say that her book isn't true. JUST because I like his music?? JUST because I like his lyrics or cool leather jacket?? I mean think about things....maybe,see the other side.....we really don't know what goes on behind peoples closed doors. Maybe much of what she is saying is true.....maybe not... but be mature enough or NOT so starstruck enough to see or at least think about what is being said. Long story short,don't just say ' 'oh that could never happen' yadda,yadda,yadda, because he's my idol and he's a great guitarist/songwriter etc.....and in the end,weather you name a child after him,have his poster on your wall,know every lyric to everyone of his songs,he is just a guy.....like you and me.....he is not perfect,just a guy that has talents in music,as the next guy down the street is good w/ money,or working on an assembly line.......he is just a guy w/ good points AND(yes! believe it or not)bad points....think about it...PEACE OUT!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I love John McVie.
I know! That's totally one of my favorite John moments EVER. I wish that doc were on dvd.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baugh View Post
Maybe much of what she is saying is true.....maybe not... but be mature enough or NOT so starstruck enough to see or at least think about what is being said. Long story short,don't just say ' 'oh that could never happen' yadda,yadda,yadda, because he's my idol and he's a great guitarist/songwriter etc.....and in the end,weather you name a child after him,have his poster on your wall,know every lyric to everyone of his songs,he is just a guy.....like you and me.....he is not perfect,just a guy that has talents in music,as the next guy down the street is good w/ money,or working on an assembly line.......he is just a guy w/ good points AND(yes! believe it or not)bad points....think about it...PEACE OUT!
I finished the book last week and was really...I don't know. A mess? Yeah, that might cover it. I had a lot of conflicting emotions about it.

But I totally agree with you. I don't believe Carol Ann 100%, but I don't totally disbelieve her, either.

And, in the end, Lindsey is just a man. Even from the way Carol Ann described things, there seemed to be something really wrong with him. Like a disconnection when he went through these violent episodes. So, how do we know it was not some "blackout" of some sort fueled by his epilepsy/playing with his meds/ playing with drugs of all kinds type of things? Yeah, I'm looking for an excuse, in a way, but from everything I've seen...the man seemed to be somewhat of a jerk in the 70s/early 80s and did a complete turnaround in the past decade or so. He still is intense and driven in his career, but he seems to have changed so much personally.

I've been lucky enough to meet him a couple of times and only saw a kind, really considerate guy interacting with fans in situations where any other member of the group would have kind of waved and run off. And, in the end, that's who I "judge," because it's the only person I "know" in any way, shape or form. I want to believe he's the same way behind closed doors, but I don't know and will never know. And holding something he (allegedly) did over 25 years ago, without hearing one word about it from his side, is just not something I'm gonna do. People can, and do, change sometimes. No matter how horrid the circumstances.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I finished the book last week and was really...I don't know. A mess? Yeah, that might cover it. I had a lot of conflicting emotions about it.

But I totally agree with you. I don't believe Carol Ann 100%, but I don't totally disbelieve her, either.

And, in the end, Lindsey is just a man. Even from the way Carol Ann described things, there seemed to be something really wrong with him. Like a disconnection when he went through these violent episodes. So, how do we know it was not some "blackout" of some sort fueled by his epilepsy/playing with his meds/ playing with drugs of all kinds type of things? Yeah, I'm looking for an excuse, in a way, but from everything I've seen...the man seemed to be somewhat of a jerk in the 70s/early 80s and did a complete turnaround in the past decade or so. He still is intense and driven in his career, but he seems to have changed so much personally.

I've been lucky enough to meet him a couple of times and only saw a kind, really considerate guy interacting with fans in situations where any other member of the group would have kind of waved and run off. And, in the end, that's who I "judge," because it's the only person I "know" in any way, shape or form. I want to believe he's the same way behind closed doors, but I don't know and will never know. And holding something he (allegedly) did over 25 years ago, without hearing one word about it from his side, is just not something I'm gonna do. People can, and do, change sometimes. No matter how horrid the circumstances.

I agree completely. I also look at Stevie's demeanor around Lindsey and I do not see fear or intimidation....anything that reflects she is afraid he may hurt her. Does she seem to want to please him sometimes? Yes. Does she talk about his intensity and passion? Yes. Whenver the topic of "abuse" comes up with Stevie, she is usually quick to defend him. She often clarifies the Tango fight by saying she ran and attacked him first. It was a mutual argument. If he was that abusive, either emotionally or physically, I think Stevie's lyrics, comments and/or body language would reflect that. (I know in the last thirty years she has made a few random comments about the NZ fight etc...but overall, she does NOT talk about LB like he abused her) She has no problem being in his personal space. No problem arguing with him. I think she is a pretty strong, independent ( ) lady and I do not think she would act the way she does if she was afraid of LB's temper. Of course he has demons...we all do. Stevie would probably not talk about his demons publically but I do think her body language would reflect some kind of insecurity or intimidation if she was afraid of him. If she loves the guy, I figure he must be pretty ok

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Well, she says, and has repeatedly said, LB is really scary when he is angry, etc. So, she does comment on that. Also, I do not see her coming to his defense by saying she attacked him. In fact, she never to my knowledge has ever said what LB did after she attacked him in the TITN argument other than it got ugly or something like that.

I think his violence toward her is something she would neverf discuss in public. After all, she is the peacekeeper and if she outed him in that regard, he'd likely leave FM for good.

save the cheerleader - save the world