User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The "only Karen" I know is what I saw on Destiny Rules, but god damn she seemed like a Cee U Next Tuesday on that.

Lindsey probably hates her more than Old Goat Breath. Truth be told, they probably all hate her, but are forced to tolerate her.
Not one other person has a problem with this?
Old 07-25-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure all four of them think, "WHY do we have to take sh*t from HER? GTFO!!!!

Oh yeah, it'll piss $tevie off."
Maybe she's the Yoko of FM and not Stevie.

She's the 6th "Fireflies", that's for sure.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard tweeted that he texted Chris and to please not blame her for what happened. The fight was between Stevie and Lindsey and Chris is very upset over what happened. It's starting to come together.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-03-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Richard tweeted that he texted Chris and to please not blame her for what happened. The fight was between Stevie and Lindsey and Chris is very upset over what happened. It's starting to come together.
Interesting. I'm sure it's bothering her a lot. And I bet even $tevie feels bad... if she has a soul.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I'm sure it's bothering her a lot. And I bet even $tevie feels bad... if she has a soul.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris STILL could have saved the day, "if he goes, I go". Game over. They'd have no option then. She dropped the ball.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Chris STILL could have saved the day, "if he goes, I go". Game over. They'd have no option then. She dropped the ball.
Depends, she might be under contract. Who knows what agreement she signed when she came back. We need more information on Christine's circumstances.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Depends, she might be under contract. Who knows what agreement she signed when she came back. We need more information on Christine's circumstances.
So sue her. Is that what they're going to do? If she put her foot firmly down, it wouldn't have happened.

Change my mind.

Oh wait, you can't!
Old 08-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, so obviously this is not just about delaying a tour. Something most of us have known all along. The other sensibilities, as Mick said, came into play here. The most sensitive sensibilities left in FM were between Lindsey and Stevie. I honestly feel sorry for all the members of FM, and us, the fans, that it's come to this. Especially after all the **** this band has been through all these years. Most of us wanted a different finale. Damn, I'm still really sad about all of this. FM has been my band for SO MANY years and am not too happy with how things are seemingly turning out. The tragic story of FM continues.

On a happier note, the first song I heard when I tuned into Pandora was "Hypnotized"! A great way to start a Friday evening and weekend! Bob Welch should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with FM!
Old 08-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard Dashut

Verified account

@RichardDashut
9h
9 hours ago

More
Please don’t blame Christine McVie for what happened to Lindsey. After texting with Chris I am convinced that whatever went down between Stevie & Lindsey was to personal, complex, hurtful & deep for her to have affected the outcome in any meaningful way. She has a heavy heart...r

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Richard Dashut

Verified account

@RichardDashut
9h
9 hours ago

More
Please don’t blame Christine McVie for what happened to Lindsey. After texting with Chris I am convinced that whatever went down between Stevie & Lindsey was to personal, complex, hurtful & deep for her to have affected the outcome in any meaningful way. She has a heavy heart...r

I wonder how she can really continue on in FM in any meaningful way, for any length of time, feeling the way she does. Sad.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hard not to when she stayed quiet and let all of this happened.

Richard should shut up. His role as the narrator of the FM eternal soap opera is starting to be embarrassing. Why is he doing it? No idea. But it's not helping.

And why isn't he asking Lindsey about his solo tour if he's now such good friends with him again?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I totally agree with you.
I mean this mess is entirely Stevie's doing with Mick backing her to get some much needed $$$....but if Chris stood her ground and said if he goes, I go...then it may have saved the day

Last edited by Angel75; 08-03-2018 at 07:21 PM..
Old 08-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Richard should shut up. His role as the narrator of the FM eternal soap opera is starting to be embarrassing. Why is he doing it? No idea. But it's not helping.

And why isn't he asking Lindsey about his solo tour if he's now such good friends with him again?
Why, should he shut up? That's surely a bit unkind. He's not in the best health so shutting his comments down is a little unnecessary. I find him a witty and endearing guy not embarrassing at all. Is he harming any body by tweeting this information, that to be honest we are interested in hearing since so little truth is being related about the band except from maybe KB.

Sure they are not bosom buddies anymore, but he was for the most part LBs best friend for years so he knows more than anyone what is going on with the band politically at the moment. He may know of LBs plans for a solo tour p, we don't know but he's not going to be foolish enough to relay information to this info without LBs blessing and before its public information. You can't say shut up to him and then expect him to tell you things only that YOU want to personally hear.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eh, I don't think Chris could've necessarily stopped this from happening, it's been in motion for too long. She can always continue the BuckVie train with Lindsey during her off time from the band and keep her relationship with him on good terms. Plus, I can't see Lindsey wanting to take others down with him when his beef is just with Stevie and potentially Mick.

I still believe Stevie and Lindsey weren't necessarily great but on good terms from 2009 up until 2012. Obviously she wasn't thrilled with the recording process for Say You Will but once that tour was over I think she had the necessary time away from him to get some peace. When Lindsey really started pushing for new material, I think that's when it all started to turn sour. Her mother dying in 2012, Lindsey pushing for a new album, Chris coming back and Stevie no longer being the sole female attraction as she had been for the past decade, not as much time in between Mac projects to have the necessary space from Lindsey, potential jealousy because of the BuckVie album, Tom's death who was clearly an emotional rock for her, and then whatever happened early this year to push things off the cliff entirely.....not a great combo for someone of her nature that loves drama. Add that to the fact I'm sure Lindsey doesn't help the situation given how toxic their relationship can be. I can't see him sitting idly by and not pushing some buttons right back.

I still admire the woman for her contributions to the band and to rock music in general but as I've said, I think I'm done with the band for this era. It's just too sour for me and it's muddied the waters a bit too much for my taste. I'm more mildly curious to hear how they blend together musically but not enough to support them financially. Now if heaven and earth move and a final reunion happens, I'll be on board because I love this era of the band almost more than I love my family but until of if that happens, I still have my albums and my memories of tours past.