|
|
#16
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm really sorry Homer. I agree more with your friends, but not completely. I understand what a hard decision this must be.
How has Cash handled all the treatments so far? The only thing I worry about with pet illnesses is that the treatment/cure causes more pain and suffering than the condition itself. It doesn't sound like that's the case, but it does sound like he's been through a great deal already. If they take half of his jaw, would they replace it with some sort of internal prosthetic (minus teeth I assume) or series of rods? I'm having a hard time imagining how that would work while still allowing him to eat and play with toys. |
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm really sorry.
I don't know what I'd do in your position. I think the most important thing to consider is Cash's quality of life. I'll be thinking of you and Cash. |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just got him home from the vet's. I had to wait until he come out of his anesthesia. He's beside me on the couch, completely out of it. U of IL called my cell while I was waiting for him to "come to". I take Cash there again next Tuesday morning, along with his biopsy results(which should be back by Monday), for another bout of "cancer staging". THEN, the oncologist will decide (through CAT scans) if jaw removal will most likely save him or not. He said he might try something else(I can't remember what he said now), if it looked like jaw removal wouldn't get it. Maybe I'm being selfish. I don't know. I'd do anything to keep him with me. Lord, people and their pets!
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran) |
|
#19
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sorry to hear about Cash's situation.
We had to put my dog down this past May and it was THE hardest decision I've EVER made. I say, go ahead and take the jaw, he's not 8 quite yet and dogs are really good at adapting and I'm sure Cash would! ![]() Good luck on your decision.
__________________
**Christy** |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran) |
|
#22
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
![]() |
|
#23
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have to agree that you should go with your gut, but if it were my cat (my child) I would do it in a second, as long as the quality of life would be good. animals are very smart and can learn new things quickly. It'll probably take him no time at all to learn a different way to eat.
Quote:
![]()
__________________
You were an angel, and I was a starving child... and we were magic |
|
#24
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
moviekinks.blogspot.com |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Who knows, the CAT scans may show that it's too late for jaw removal. More than anything, I just don't want him to suffer.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran) |
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I will be praying for you, and just be thankful that there is still hope at this point that he will be o.k.!! *hugs to Homie and cash* |
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
You have a very tough decision to make and only you and Cash can make that decision together. If you know that he doesn't want to die, then you know his stance on going forward with treatment.
I do not feel comfortable giving you advice. I have been where you are at. So any advice I give would be biased based on past experience. It is a very personal choice between a man and his dog. Just ask yourself, if this was your diagnosis, what would you choose...try to stay alive or choose to die? Good luck and I will keep Cash in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us all posted.
__________________
There are two kinds of light--the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
|
|
#29
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Quote:
And believe me, I completely understand. I lost a lovebird 18 months ago - she got stuck in an egg-laying cycle and basically laid eggs to the point her body was so run down she had a heart attack one afternoon. But the 9 months before that, we were at the vet weekly trying everything we could think of to get her reproductive organs to switch off for a while - including injections of hormones and even human birth control serum. That especially was traumatic for me - this tiny sweet bird subjected to a needle that was nearly as big as she was. But I wasn't about to give up on her, and she knew that. And I'm sure Cash knows the same thing. ![]() |
|
#30
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
All I can tell you is to be as informed as you can about the pros and cons. If the vets think he'll be okay and won't suffer too much, then I'd say do it. But if it will only prolong his suffering, then, as difficult a decision as it would be, you may not want to put him through it. I didn't have to make any decisions about surgeries or anything for my cat. But the last week or so of her life, she went downhill fast, and was probably suffering for at least the last several days. I finally made the call to the vet, and scheduled an appt to have her put to sleep. The day before I was supposed to take her in, she was in really bad shape. I tried to pick her up, and she made the most anguished sounds like she was in incredible pain. I put her back down and went to work. When I got home from work, I found her dead in my bathroom. My biggest regret was that I hadn't put her out of her misery before it got to that point.
__________________
- Mary ![]() made by dissention |
![]() |
|
|

Christine McVie - Christine Mcvie [New CD]
$17.25
Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac on 7/19/78 in East Troy Wi Old Photo
$6.96
Christine McVie - In The Meantime [New CD]
$17.25
christine mcvie hand signed 1970s excellent Fleetwood Mac – Mystery To Me lp33
$284.29
British musician Christine McVie of the band Fleetwood Mac perform- Old Photo
$6.96