Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's because a FM without CM, is like a day without sunshine. And I think they finally figured it out. They need at least someone, to balance it out. Of course I've said it before, but why not bring Bob Welch back, and let him be the backing guitarist, and do 4-5 songs!

RE-releasing it, again, would have been idiotic, IMO.
I wanted them to put out some demos in hi - fi...

but yeah put a fork in it..
Old 03-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's because a FM without CM, is like a day without sunshine. And I think they finally figured it out. They need at least someone, to balance it out. Of course I've said it before, but why not bring Bob Welch back, and let him be the backing guitarist, and do 4-5 songs!

RE-releasing it, again, would have been idiotic, IMO.
This is so true. Both Stevie & Lindsey have pretty dark and intense songs but there was Chris who sang happily "I wanna be with you Everywhere" and that balanced out the darkness. Good point!!!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
This is so true. Both Stevie & Lindsey have pretty dark and intense songs but there was Chris who sang happily "I wanna be with you Everywhere" and that balanced out the darkness. Good point!!!
Yup, I never thought of it that way. That's probably why the whole band dynamic worked, actually.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, so there's a lot of "She's retired and she's earned it, good for her" sentiments here. I can't disagree. But I CAN say, it's NOT ENOUGH.

In the Meantime was fantastic, in my opinion. Her voice is in great form. She's still writing really catchy songs. I know she has at least one more group of songs in her and I want to hear them. I won't stop hoping until she isn't around anymore...
Old 03-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Okay, so there's a lot of "She's retired and she's earned it, good for her" sentiments here. I can't disagree. But I CAN say, it's NOT ENOUGH.

In the Meantime was fantastic, in my opinion. Her voice is in great form. She's still writing really catchy songs. I know she has at least one more group of songs in her and I want to hear them. I won't stop hoping until she isn't around anymore...
I couldn't agree more with you... I really need my friend..
Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just hope her health is good. She is in the second half of the 60s and smoked and drank for many years, and I don't suppose she ate very healthfully while on the road.

Hopefully the peaceful serenity of living in an English manor house surrounded by gardens and the love of her extended family has counteracted all that rock 'n' roll bad living.

It's not impossible for someone her age to be a vibrant force in a band, whether it be rock or some other type of music, but if she doesn't want to be that vibrant force, I wish her all the love in the world.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I just hope her health is good. She is in the second half of the 60s and smoked and drank for many years, and I don't suppose she ate very healthfully while on the road.

Hopefully the peaceful serenity of living in an English manor house surrounded by gardens and the love of her extended family has counteracted all that rock 'n' roll bad living.

It's not impossible for someone her age to be a vibrant force in a band, whether it be rock or some other type of music, but if she doesn't want to be that vibrant force, I wish her all the love in the world.
I imagine the food and wine she consumed on tours from 1978-the present was far better than anything we ever eat! Mick has often mentioned how at tour rehearsals and backstage during show times there was always a ridiculous amount of expensive food and drink. Plus Chris is an amazing cook.

During the first half of the 70s, however, things were quite different. Bob Welch said (in one of his Q and As) that she practically lived on Duncan Doughnuts.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick has often mentioned how at tour rehearsals and backstage during show times there was always a ridiculous amount of expensive food and drink.
Expensive doesn't necessarily mean good for you, but I expect you're right and that during those years she probably did eat good food most of the time. She certainly kept her girlish figure. (insert smiley of your choice)
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

In general, I only wish good things for the band members if they don't conflict with my own needs. So, I've never been one of the "Christine dserves it" people.

Christine, I deserve it. I want you back. Dog with a bone.

Michele
Old 03-05-2011, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Christine, I deserve it. I want you back. Dog with a bone.

Michele
Christine, I love you. You have been the soundtrack, to my life. More so, than ANYone. And I sincerely thank you. I wish, more than anything, that you would come back into the FM fray, but I know that you're at a peaceful place in your life now. And while I WISH that you'd change your mind, I'm extremely happy for you now, as you are.
I sincerely thank you, for changing my life, with your music.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Supporting Ledgie

I have a feeling she's sleeping late, walking about town, and swilling lots of wine.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 AM

I can imagine her first day off after FM.. she must have been relieved..
Old 03-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I can imagine her first day off after FM.. she must have been relieved..
"Wow, I'll never have to deal with that ditz, that asshole, that terrible business decision maker, or my ex!"

I would still like to meet her, more than any person on this planet.
But if she was a bitch to me, it would break my heart.
Although she could tell me that I was wearing a stupid fukcing shirt(I'd wear a stupid, fukcing shirt, on purpose!).
Old 03-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a feeling she's sleeping late, walking about town, and swilling lots of wine.
I think (I hope for her sake) she's given up alcohol. There were pictures of her with a water bottle around the time 'In the Meantime' came out. It's pretty obvious she drank too much during the FM glory years.

I also read around that time that she had given up cigarettes, but had taken them up again when her marriage to Eddy ended. Hopefully by now she's given them up again, too.

Like others in this thread, it pleases me to think of her at her piano coming up with riffs and musical ideas, and maybe, once in a while, she plays an old tune just to keep it rattling around in her conscious mind.

When she released 'In the Meantime' it's a pity she didn't promote it with a short run of intimate acoustic shows, with a stripped down band, no traveling required.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
When she released 'In the Meantime' it's a pity she didn't promote it with a short run of intimate acoustic shows, with a stripped down band, no traveling required.
Yes, it would be lovely to have video of something like that to return to every now and again. I'd love to have simple arrangements like that for choice In the Meantime selections such as Calumny, as well as oldies that we never heard live enough like Got a Hold On Me.

Michele