Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2002, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Omg....somebody Is About To Die!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I am listening to ISA from this Very Best of CD...and I am about to BUST A CAP IN SOMEONE'S AS*!!!!!!!!!! I AM ABOUT TO GO OFF PEOPLE!!!!!! THEY EDITED ISA ON THIS CD!!!!!! It's the ONLY song EDITED!!!!! WHY??? WHY???? WHY???????????? WTH IS GOING ON!!!!!????? SETECA!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DO NOT EDIT GREATNESS!!!!!!!!!!

I need a valium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO JOKE! ISA if my favorite song EVER and the one that turned me into a LB freak! How could they do that? Yeah, the first part, oh well, I guess I can understand that....but the solo? I'm listening to it, blasting, risking the ire of my neighbors...and all the sudden my gut just plummets as they skip over the climactic build that makes the solo so powerful! And, excuse me, they didn't even edit it smoothly. It's so obvious they've skipped soemthing. OH, It makes me MAD!

But otherwise the CD is cool. :-)

Old 10-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb THANK GOD!!

I'm not the only one who DIED when I heard it...when I FIRST heard, I started SCREAMING, WTH IS GOING ON...THIS IS BS!!!!! LOL It sounds TERRIBLE....*shaking head at this travesty* Lord, come quickly...

BTW, I'm listening to the REAL VERSION...from the Dance...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...that's better....*calms down* It's like my heroin...LOL
Old 10-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Ledgie

*sigh* My only thought is that someone at the studio thought it was too long and didn't think anyone would notice...probably someone that was not a fan while the Mac was in it's height...either that or they were stoned...
Old 10-15-2002, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Exactly...

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeD
they were stoned...
Old 10-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Ledgie

So, just so I understand this, the only song ruined is ISA, correct?
Old 10-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: HOLY GOD!!!!! HELP US!!!!

I'll have to hear the finished product before I judge it (yep, i'm still waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon.com), but it is a shame they decided to edit "I'm So Afraid."

I guess we should be thankful though that they didn't use the album version instead!

I actually had a friend who hated "I'm So Afraid," and I could never understand why. In my mind, that has always been Lindsey's finest moment.
I finally asked her once what she didn't like about it, and she told me "that long guitar solo at the end bores me to tears, so I skip it" (she was referring to the 'Dance' version).

Personally I saw her comment as being akin to blasphemy... *lol*... but to each his (or her!) own, I guess.

Anyway... I'll reserve judgement on this.
I actually love alternate versions, remixes, and edits... as long as they're done well... so I might not mind it.

We'll see!

Johnny Stew
Old 10-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Suddenly, a lump is forming...my eyes are heated and filling up with tears...my knuckles are white as the clutch on to each side of my chair...

they................
they.......................................

THEY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....

THEY WHAT!?!?!??!?!

How in the blazing hell could they have edited ISA???

What in the HELL ????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I made a tape a long time ago, a OOTC tape...and that great solo on the end up This Is the Time...well I cut it.

I could not listen to the tape anymore...because it would upset me so much.

Now, this cd is ruined, how can I listen to ISA without the entire version of ISA??? HOW!!!????

Im heartbroken...
Old 10-16-2002, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Folks...

It's not even a SMOOTH edit where you can't really tell!!!!!!!!! It's rough and JARRING, IMO. It's like when you smell something really bad or a plane trying to break the sound barrier flies over your house...you jump and go, WTH...that kind of feeling. IT SUCKS!!!!! I am sorely disappointed in that...but the rest of the CD is fine...no OTHER edits!!!!!!

Silver Springs sounds WAY better than the Chain version, SOTM has a different sounding ending, Think About Me is different sounding as well, oh and Over My Head is a different sound...I believe some are single edits <----GAH, that word makes me cringe!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to bed...I'm REELING!!!! I hope I can SLEEP!
Old 10-16-2002, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I FINALLY got the darn thing to play at about two a.m. this morning... (I know I could have put it in my regular cd player to hear the songs, but I wanted to see the video footage first and I got pi$$ed when it wouldn't work, lol! Lonnnng story. ) I have to say, I agree with you, Christy.....it totally SUCKS that they edited it. Not just that they edited it, but WHERE they edited it at. It's TERRIBLE!

Anyway, just wanted to let ya know....I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!! lol!

~~Angela~~
Old 10-16-2002, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Guys, you have me confused..

what part of I'm so Afraid did they edit out? I hope not the beginning with the drums and Lindsey's guitar and then Chris comes in on the keyboards? That's my favorite part of that song..
Old 10-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My thoughts on this are:

1. I don't know why they included the two longest songs on the same cd. They should have moved one song from CD 2 onto CD 1 and made the trackings 18/18. 17/19 just seems not right.

2. I'm So Afraid is shown as being edited in the booklet. Didn't anyone read it before listening?

3. Some of these song choices are strange. If they ever did WMYTYTO in concert, it had to be over the Tusk tour. I figured they would put Not That Funny before this song, although PERSONALLY I like WMYTYTO better...it's one of the only Lindsey Tusk songs I like (yes, I know, most people think Lindsey's work MADE Tusk, but I'm just more partial to the Rumours sound). Another choice -- Storms in place of Angel. They never did Storms I don't think, yet Angel was a concert song for a while...even solo Stevie. Even if they still wanted Storms, I don't see why they chose NQA or Paper Doll over Angel. I don't think either of these were very popular.

4. Go Insane...SOLO song! And I know I'll get guff for this, but I could just see the horror of this board if Stand Back were included and not Go Insane. After all, they did Stand Back much more than Go Insane.

Those are my thoughts on the Best Of.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, I agree with everything you just said. And when it comes to the edited verion of ISA do what Elton John suggests in his song "Recover your Soul"...

release, relax, let go...
Old 10-16-2002, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default I agree...

...that us Lindsey fans would have been PISSED if Stand Back or Edge of 17 were on here...hell...a live Stand Back was used on the Chain box set!!!! I mean I love those songs, they are my fave Stevie solo songs, but they shouldn't be included in ANY FM stuff.

They used my three fave songs from the Dance...but yes, I am kinda confused as to why Go Insane is on there...maybe because these IDIOTS who don't know their as* from a hole in the ground, were all like, "Well, dur....uh....this song...dur....was on the Dance...huh....duh.....so....um....let's use it...dur...."

Anywho...I made a CD with the REAL version of ISA for my listening pleasure...so all is good now....I will keep the real CD at my computer desk to grab when I have the urge to watch it.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

While some of the song choices don't make sense to us, I think they were probably trying to go with the broadest range of tracks... in the hope of pleasing the most people.
Simultaneously trying to stay within the boundaries of what the casual listener would recognize, but also throwing a few bones to the die-hard fans who already have everything there is to have.

Given that 'The Chain' is now out of print, and that "Paper Doll" features the 'Rumours' era lineup AND Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, it makes sense to me that they'd include this one.
(Not to mention the fact that it was a single.)

Now, why they chose some songs over others, is beyond me.

Like Sorcerer said, "Angel" would seem to be the more logical choice for inclusion... but then "Storms" does make a welcome surprise.

At any rate, as long as a CD can only hold 80 minutes of music, there's no way they'd ever be able to include *every* song one of us here thinks they should include.
There's always going to be something we'll say "should have been there."
(Or shouldn't have been!)

Johnny Stew
Old 10-16-2002, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Deal is, a cd can hold only so much information. If you want a full version of ISA from the Dance, you're going to have to either shorten the special features that are on the disc, or just do away with the idea completely. Either that, or just leave the Dance version of ISA off and use the shorter studio version, or another live version that's short.
It's obvious that this "box set" is MUCH better put together than the Chain Box set was as far as a compiliation. Like JS said, some songs would have had to be left off and I'm sure that people would have been saying (I know they are now) that "such and such song should have been on there!" IMO, three songs could have been left off, No Questions Asked, Skies The Limit and Paper Doll since none of them were done in the studio by the Rumours group. Then you would have room for the live ISA.
So yeah, it sucks that ISA is edited (not very good) but what does it matter? Most of us have The Dance and can listen to it anytime we want. Even better, many of us have CD BURNERS where we can make our OWN The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac two cd set, without the enhancements. Personally, I think it's a great compilation (INFINATELY better than The Chain Box Set) and a great choice for the average Mac listener or the full fledged Mac Head. It's great variety allows us to listen to a sampling of each album that the Rumours line up produced for our ears and I for one am pleased with the product.

Matt

Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 10-16-2002 at 02:58 PM..