The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My goodness, what an education I'm getting. A week ago I'd never even heard of Ambien.

- Jake
Old 06-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I think they all definately dabbled in cocaine...even if not all of them got hooked.

You can see Christine snorting some off of her hand in one of the Tusk photo shoot videos (the really dark video, but you can clearly see what she's doing). So she did do it sometimes.

My question is though, for the long time fans (since I didn't become a fan until 1998). Did the fans know about their drug use in the 70s and 80s? Was it just common knowledge that since they were in the music business they must have done drugs (and I know that not everyone did). Or did no one really find out until later on?

Now, when a celebrity checks into rehab, it's all over the entertainment news shows. But when Stevie had her rehab stint was it ever front page Hollywood news?

Susie
Old 06-30-2003, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love your Avatar LilyRose.

Somebody please tell me what kind of gum Christine's chewing in your picture. When I saw your avatar yesterday she was chewing it with the same delighted intensity as this morning. The flavor must never run out! Either that or she's so coked out that she didn't notice she had exhausted the flavor hours ago. That's probably it, the world is too cruel to have gum that never loses its flavor.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by LilyRose
Oh I think they all definately dabbled in cocaine...even if not all of them got hooked.

You can see Christine snorting some off of her hand in one of the Tusk photo shoot videos (the really dark video, but you can clearly see what she's doing). So she did do it sometimes.

My question is though, for the long time fans (since I didn't become a fan until 1998). Did the fans know about their drug use in the 70s and 80s? Was it just common knowledge that since they were in the music business they must have done drugs (and I know that not everyone did). Or did no one really find out until later on?

Now, when a celebrity checks into rehab, it's all over the entertainment news shows. But when Stevie had her rehab stint was it ever front page Hollywood news?

Susie
There were plenty of rumors about Stevie's allegedly creative drug uses long before she went into rehab.

- Jake
Old 06-30-2003, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you EricBliss12345. Christine is seemingly always delightfully joyful darling.

Of course it doesn't hurt that in practically every picture I've ever seen of her (professional or non), she has either a glass of wine or a cigarette, or both.

And yes, the world is far too cruel of a place to make a long lasting flavor gum. Why must we be forced to live such wretched lives!!!

Okay, time for me to go to bed...as I am getting a little crazy.

Susie
Old 06-30-2003, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Have you read this article?

http://burnish.net/articles/blender_may03.php

Tracy got the blender article up that covers a couple of the recently mentioned posts.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

I keep reading that Stevie is now very Anti-Drugs and she threatens to call the cops on anyone around her on tour that does them, which is fine I guess, given that she's a recovering addict, and I guess like any kind of addict, you stay an addict, even if you dont' touch the stuff for 20 years, that's still who you are and who you can be.

But I'd just like to remind her that there are plenty of people who do things like party drugs like that responsibly, and infrequently, and never allow themselves to become addicted, I mean speaking for myself, it's not that hard. On the other hand Stevie has a shot of tequila every night before going on stage, whereas I never drunk, ever. To each his own I reckon!
Maybe. But not with me or Christine or Lindsey. Christine and I will always be close; Lindsey just plain doesn't like me. I never had any musical training of any kind. I just had this innate ability to walk in, sit down at a piano, and write a song in five minutes, and go to bed. It drives him nuts. - Stevie Nicks, 1994

Last edited by bootylicous; 06-30-2003 at 09:31 AM..
Old 06-30-2003, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by bootylicous
I keep reading that Stevie is now very Anit-Drugs and she threatens to call the cops on anyone around her on tour that does them, which is fine I guess, given that she's a recovering addict, and I guess like any kind of addict, you stay an addict, even if you dont' touch the stuff for 20 years, that's still who you are and who you can be.

But I'd just like to remind her that there are plenty of people who do things like party drugs like that responsibly, and infrequently, and never allow themselves to become addicted, I mean speaking for myself, it's not that hard. On the other hand Stevie has a shot of tequila every night before going on stage, whereas I never drunk, ever. To each his own I reckon!
There is also a big difference between tequila and drugs: one's illegal, one isn't. Stevie wouldn't necessarily know if someone was an addict and if she called the cops, which she should along with firing them, it would do that person good. No one should have to put up with someone around them doing drugs, even "party drugs."

I think it shows a lot about someones sense of responsibility and self-control if they allow themselves to take drugs, even once, ESPECIALLY nowadays with all the info out there on why you shouldn't take drugs.

I think this thread has taken an ugly turn and maybe we should get back on topic and at least talk about the Mac and their drug use, not the drug use of the members of this forum.

I tell ya, if someone around me even smoked a joint, I'd call the police.

Old 06-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it shows a lot about someones sense of responsibility and self-control if they allow themselves to take drugs, even once, ESPECIALLY nowadays with all the info out there on why you shouldn't take drugs

I agree with you here Dessention.
I have seen what drugs have done to my two oldest sons.
They are school drop outs. One is an addict at the age of 17.
I have done everything I know to help him, and no go. His dad even smokes it with him, so my hands are tied. He has stolen my money, jellery and trashed my things and put me and my other children through hell. Nothing good comes from drugs.
But he sees him self as just an pot user and nothing is wrong.
Now Canada has softened thier pot laws, there is nothing I can do.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

blaming drugs on everything that's bad is just making excuses.
abusing drugs is not a cause, it's an effect.
everyone knows drugs are dangerous and risky the same way we all know cars are dangerous and risky. it's simple. if you wanna drive- use your senses and wisdom to do it safely.

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I think it shows a lot about someones sense of responsibility and self-control if they allow themselves to take drugs, even once, ESPECIALLY nowadays with all the info out there on why you shouldn't take drugs.
this is a very naive thing to say, people don't 'allow' themselves anything. people CHOOSE to do stuff, don't just throw propaganda cliche's into the open air.
legalization is just around the corner.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tommer
blaming drugs on everything that's bad is just making excuses.
abusing drugs is not a cause, it's an effect.
everyone knows drugs are dangerous and risky the same way we all know cars are dangerous and risky. it's simple. if you wanna drive- use your senses and wisdom to do it safely.

this is a very naive thing to say, people don't 'allow' themselves anything. people CHOOSE to do stuff, don't just throw propaganda cliche's into the open air.
legalization is just around the corner.
No, what's naive is you saying that someone can take drugs safely by using their "senses" and "wisdom." If you take drugs, you obviously don't have enough wisdom. The first time someone takes drugs, it could be their last and THAT is a fact. What's sensible about that? And if you think legalization is just around the corner, you're very sadly misinformed. That went over like a lead balloon, buddy.

Alison-- I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles. My only advice is to use toughlove on your family. Also, try to find some support groups or counseling groups like "ToughLove" or "ALANON." I don't know if you have any of those programs in Canada, but look around; there is always someone willing to help. Don't give up though, there is ALWAYS something that can be done. Get to the root of the issue and find out exactly why the people in your family need to do drugs to feel better. I've been in your position, sweetie, and it will get better. It may get worse beforehand, but it will get better. Hang in there!

Old 06-30-2003, 10:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by bootylicous
I keep reading that Stevie is now very Anti-Drugs and she threatens to call the cops on anyone around her on tour that does them, which is fine I guess, given that she's a recovering addict, and I guess like any kind of addict, you stay an addict, even if you dont' touch the stuff for 20 years, that's still who you are and who you can be.

Going back to the TISL tour, didn't somebody post that they saw Sharon and Mindy backstage after the show, and Sharon was doing coke? Stevie had already left. Anybody remember that post?

susieq
Old 06-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as I can remember, I can remember hearing stories about FM and their drug usage.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WindingRoad
Going back to the TISL tour, didn't somebody post that they saw Sharon and Mindy backstage after the show, and Sharon was doing coke? Stevie had already left. Anybody remember that post?
OMG really? That's hillarious, but didn't Stevie go straight from the show to the "midnight plane" after each show? I would assume they'd be allowed to go on the plane too, or would they have to ride with the crew on the buses? Though I guess it wouldn't matter if it was the first of two shows in the same city of something.

Besides, Sharon was one of Stevie's friends back in the "coke & brandy" days, if she was still part of that lifestyle at her age and 20 years later, wouldn't she be dead?

Maybe I'll ask her if I see her at a show.
Maybe. But not with me or Christine or Lindsey. Christine and I will always be close; Lindsey just plain doesn't like me. I never had any musical training of any kind. I just had this innate ability to walk in, sit down at a piano, and write a song in five minutes, and go to bed. It drives him nuts. - Stevie Nicks, 1994

Last edited by bootylicous; 06-30-2003 at 06:11 PM..
Old 06-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well - Sharon is very thin . . . .

save the cheerleader - save the world