User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I think the Buckingham Nicks CD will be released next year for its 40th. It will have a second disc with some new recorded stuff and unreleased tracks. The Mac will add 4 to 5 BN tracks to the live set (including Stephanie)This will be their swan song. This makes the most sense a Buckingham Nicks reunion with the audience and the marketing to sell the Buckingham Nicks cd 40 years later to The Fleetwood Mac fan base.
Count me in! That does make sense, especially with Mick saying that FM could do an EP next...
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I think the Buckingham Nicks CD will be released next year for its 40th. It will have a second disc with some new recorded stuff and unreleased tracks. The Mac will add 4 to 5 BN tracks to the live set (including Stephanie)This will be their swan song. This makes the most sense a Buckingham Nicks reunion with the audience and the marketing to sell the Buckingham Nicks cd 40 years later to The Fleetwood Mac fan base.
That might be enough for me .I can't see it all that happening though.They are more interested in catering to the casual boomer fan as Fleetwood Mac.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

We'll read all the fans say it was worth the price of admission just to hear Sister's of the Moon or That's Alright.:laugh

That's funny that you would say that because I just posted on a Stevie thread about why she will never do SOTM again. I mean really she doesn't have the voice for it anymore. But I did suggest that she could do a piano version of it like she did with Rhiannon for the Enchanted box. I mean for a future record not for a tour with FM. Your idea about That's Alright is interesting. I wonder why they never did that song in concert.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I first saw them when I was 14. I think I prefer to remember them like that, now...

Christine...

No orchestra....

Just Ray adding some acoustic.

The way music was MEANT to be.

REAL.

The music business blows goats now.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Much like the Lindsey Buckingham show I saw this week, it all depends on the set list. I could see myself paying top dollar to see them again if they sprinkle enough of my favorites in there.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Man_Dan View Post
what about for those who never been, how will it be???? will i be dissapointed ????
You must be a pretty big fan to have joined a forum about them, so just go and see them, you owe it to yourself. Even if you are apprehensive at first about your decision, you really won't care once they come out on stage.
I went to see them on the Unleashed tour and it was my 1st time seeing them, turned out to be one of the most electric nights of my life. (I suppose front row does help though ) Also perhaps alot of it could depend on who your favourite member is too, if you're a Lindsey fan you won't be disappointed anyway, I don't follow Stevie closely enough to tell you what she'd be like live in 2013. Lindsey will still be kicking ass though. Well, not literally (anymore )

Just do it

Last edited by D.W-Suite; 06-16-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I'm not really sure what the point in touring again is.
I agree a new album would be great, or at least better than only a tour. But I also think the days where a tour supported an album are over (specially for old bands). Nowadays it's viceverse, or albums are even not needed. Tours are more profitable than CDs, iTunes, or any kind of media. With all the piracy and ways to copy music, albums are not a good business, and let's face it, this is a matter of business, specially nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
If they are not touring behind an album it is purely mercenary.Remember Mick's playboy interview? He needs $$$$$.
I never understood why Mick is so hated in this website. I'm not concluding this from the previous quote but from the sum of a lot of threads, cause I always read about blaming on him about his exceeded love for money. I'm not sure about that, but if it is true... so what? If that were a crime I'm sure half of the world would be in jail, and even more. Specially in these days, where all media transmit us messages about loving money, business first, etc.. I'm not surprised.

See the sports, the wealthy sportmen who earn millions for be in a soccer club, not mentioning the tv spots (Gillette, Nike). Same as movies, the movie stars earn millions for playing the Joker or appear in underpants in a giant ad in Times Square. Should we hate Jack Nicholson, Mark Whalberg, Cristiano Ronaldo, Tiger Woods, Diego Maradona, Jaclyn Smith, etc... etc...?

And I'm not sure Mick is the only one who do this for money. Do the others tour just for fun or art's sake? I don't think so.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...75#post1054775
Old 06-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
You must be a pretty big fan to have joined a forum about them, so just go and see them, you owe it to yourself. Even if you are apprehensive at first about your decision, you really won't care once they come out on stage.
I went to see them on the Unleashed tour and it was my 1st time seeing them, turned out to be one of the most electric nights of my life. (I suppose front row does help though ) Also perhaps alot of it could depend on who your favourite member is too, if you're a Lindsey fan you won't be disappointed anyway, I don't follow Stevie closely enough to tell you what she'd be like live in 2013. Lindsey will still be kicking ass though. Well, not literally (anymore )

Just do it
the GF said she may join me and yea, might just do so now, its just the price i can imagine it is, never payed much personally. I love both Lindsey and Stevie and to see Stevie live would be like..amazing.....Lindsey's guitaring would be worth seeing....so yea.... might just do it for the hell of it!!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be there .Who cares about the setlist.But I would love to see some old tunes added to the setlist.I want to see the group play together.I enjoy the 2009 shows.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Who cares about the setlist.
You're an easy man to please.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You're an easy man to please.
Yes I am.We are getting older.Yes I do understand.Us fans are sick with the stale setlist.I'll will just deal with it.They are getting older.We don't know when they throw the towel in as a band.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if I can handle hearing/seeing another performance of Landslide, Rhiannon, Silver Springs, I'm So Afraid, Monday Morning, Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Don't Stop, or the "new" (15-year-old) version of Big Love. With the exception of Big Love and Silver Springs, these songs were pure nostalgia by 1998 anyway.

I would on the other hand, love to hear Storms again, or any of Stevie's Tusk songs, as well as other under-performed tracks from any of their albums, maybe even revisit some of the SYW stuff.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Hopefully we get something a tad different from the 2009 tour.
I have no doubt that's exactly what we will get; something a tad different from the 2009 tour.

Either way I'll be there for at least one show.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Shouldn't this be in the Rumours section? Maybe it is... anwyay, I will go. I am not happy, though. Stephanie lied to us. I want new music.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.