Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2024, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Bumped for Homer.
What do Homer and Old Goatsy have in common?

They both love bumps!
Old 06-06-2024, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What do Homer and Old Goatsy have in common?

They both love bumps!
censoring myself!
Old 06-06-2024, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
censoring myself!
Why start now?

Old 06-07-2024, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Why start now?

Nothing ever changes, you know it doesn't.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Since this thread was supposed to be about Mirage rehearsals, lets talk about the Mirage rehearsals. I wish there was a professional polished soundboard of this. Its so good. Really good versions of Straight Back and Gypsy. Stevie has some really great vocals and then she seems like she is mailing it in since its a rehearsal. They keep restarting Sara which I cant understand why. Chris says something like "its not the piano" I could listen to those restarts all day. Chris sings Dreams and in the early days of the internet there used to be a Chris version of Gypsy going around. Makes you wonder why Chris was singing Stevie songs during rehearsal. Was Stevie ditching rehearsals? But I may have tied the connection (will I get some ribbons and some bows?)
In the Mirage limo tapes we hear Chris say she wants Lindsey to sing one of her songs. I am just assuming she is talking about rehearsal. Stevie comments something like she would like to but couldn't sing one of Chris's songs (something like that). I wonder if they were driving to rehearsals and this is why Chris was singing Stevie songs? Just a theory.
Was there not a Tusk limo tape too? I enjoy the limo tape to a point. But listening to people really high and stoned gets annoying because they focus on the dumbest stuff. Stevie wont shut up and Mick keeps telling her "will you let me talk?" Then he says she's out to lunch They argue and debate about the dumbest stuff. Stevie again asking "Does anyone have any pot?" Then I swear you hear her say the word "coke" It also sounds like someone is constantly raking coke before the drive and during the drive. It was Mick that secretly recorded these? That's creepy. It sounds like they are leaving Mirage rehearsals. Its a real time stamp because Stevie is talking about Robin's cancer treatment.

Mirage rehearsals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LphHNp-gCOs&t=357s

Mirage limo tape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRF4wkq1htI
Old 06-11-2024, 11:43 AM

Great stuff. Love how they worked out those harmonies for Hold Me.
Old 06-11-2024, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great stuff. Love how they worked out those harmonies for Hold Me.
I know. I love it. I loved Chris's idea that Lindsey should sing one of her songs. Too bad it was not recorded if that ever happened.
It was a magical time.
I love when Mick keeps telling Stevie. YES YOU DID speak to J.C. (John Courage) and she kept saying no I didn't. Stevie was high as a kite and I loved it when Mick told her she was "out to lunch."
Old 06-11-2024, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I know. I love it. I loved Chris's idea that Lindsey should sing one of her songs. Too bad it was not recorded if that ever happened.
It was a magical time.
I love when Mick keeps telling Stevie. YES YOU DID speak to J.C. (John Courage) and she kept saying no I didn't. Stevie was high as a kite and I loved it when Mick told her she was "out to lunch."
this part cracks me up also. i believe mick on that one haha. and also the part where chris tells them not to interrupt her when she's talking , and then is like, 'not that i'm saying anything very important' lmoa

--Lis
Old 06-11-2024, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
this part cracks me up also. i believe mick on that one haha. and also the part where chris tells them not to interrupt her when she's talking , and then is like, 'not that i'm saying anything very important' lmoa

--Lis
She is SO funny!
Its like when she said during the Tusk tour she would drink a bottle of champagne and do cocaine all night and it made her play better. Then she says, maybe someone can tell me otherwise?

Of course Mick was right because J.C. told Mick what Stevie had told her. Mick even tried to explain that to her but she was in her own world. He just keeps saying "Will you let me talk"
Old 06-11-2024, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She is SO funny!
Its like when she said during the Tusk tour she would drink a bottle of champagne and do cocaine all night and it made her play better. Then she says, maybe someone can tell me otherwise?

Of course Mick was right because J.C. told Mick what Stevie had told her. Mick even tried to explain that to her but she was in her own world. He just keeps saying "Will you let me talk"
yes chris is good for a laugh. with the photographer in her room at night-- 'there were other people there!'

i think i would have lost my mind in that limo. stevie never shuts up. poor mick sounded so frustrated and usually he's the one that never shuts up lol
Old 06-12-2024, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
yes chris is good for a laugh. with the photographer in her room at night-- 'there were other people there!'

i think i would have lost my mind in that limo. stevie never shuts up. poor mick sounded so frustrated and usually he's the one that never shuts up lol
It's so good to hear her voice! Especially, displaying the personality that I adored all these years.
Old 06-12-2024, 08:57 AM

Quote:
It was a magical time.
One thing is consistent. Stevie does not shut up. She just keeps talking.