Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2023, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ch-1234669210/
Old 02-06-2023, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Well if you believe the Lindsey centric view of Fleetwood Mac, the band was ready to carry on without John when he got sick, so a substitute bass player would be no big deal to Mick if that scenario has validity.

I wonder if deep down Mick resents Lindsey for suing the band? That suit took $3 million, plus fees, out of the pockets of each John, Stevie, Christine, and Mick. (I doubt it impacted Neil and Mike and their agreed upon wage) So despite all the warm words between the two, money is money and that hit Mick where it hurts.
I was wondering where you you got the $3 million each figure from. I believe Lindsey sued for $14 million, saying that’s what he expected to have earned if he had toured with FM. I figure he got something close to what you said, I was just curious if you saw that number somewhere.

I don’t think Mick resents Lindsey for suing. I suspect none of the members really lost anything, per se, if the settlement was just taken from the tour, as opposed to each one having to withdraw money to give to him. I believe Lindsey has forgiven Mick, which in turn hopefully had an impact on Mick.

I also don’t think Stevie would have any interest in touring with a new version of FM, or even one with Lindsey returning. Stevie can still sing her FM songs solo, and no longer have to deal with FM, especially with Christine gone. Mick clearly loves being on the road, as evident by his (jokingly?) asking if anyone needed a drummer, and I hope something comes his way.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Mick clearly loves being on the road, as evident by his (jokingly?) asking if anyone needed a drummer, and I hope something comes his way.
Maybe Mick and Keith might give him a ring, and they could ask for John as well.

I'm not being entirely serious, but wouldn't it be fun?

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mick...olling-stones/
Old 02-06-2023, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Maybe Mick and Keith might give him a ring, and they could ask for John as well.

I would love everything about that collaboration! Mick has a totally different approach than Charlie and I’m not sure how it would all gel…and I think the Stones are pretty well set with Steve Jordan playing with them until they stop…but I would pay to see it!
Old 02-06-2023, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post

I thought Kenny Jones would’ve been a good choice given his Faces connection with Ron Wood and because he was the drummer on “It’s Only Rock & Roll.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2023, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Sheryl posted that there were some technical difficulties with the piano:
https://www.facebook.com/sherylcrow/posts/719573816205125

Bonnie's part was lovely. Sheryl not so much, but I think the piano threw her off.

Now that I think about it, Christine would have done a lovely cover of "I Can't Make You Love Me."
I'd say that too if I f*cked it up.
Old 02-06-2023, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd say that too if I f*cked it up.
except that's exactly how it sounded and looked.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-06-2023, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I was wondering where you you got the $3 million each figure from. I believe Lindsey sued for $14 million, saying that’s what he expected to have earned if he had toured with FM. I figure he got something close to what you said, I was just curious if you saw that number somewhere.

I don’t think Mick resents Lindsey for suing. I suspect none of the members really lost anything, per se, if the settlement was just taken from the tour, as opposed to each one having to withdraw money to give to him. I believe Lindsey has forgiven Mick, which in turn hopefully had an impact on Mick.

I also don’t think Stevie would have any interest in touring with a new version of FM, or even one with Lindsey returning. Stevie can still sing her FM songs solo, and no longer have to deal with FM, especially with Christine gone. Mick clearly loves being on the road, as evident by his (jokingly?) asking if anyone needed a drummer, and I hope something comes his way.
As with most civil cases there is a settlement. You aim big and then settle. If he sued and alleged 14 million in damages, I bet the settlement was definitely over 4 million but under 9 million. I have no personal knowledge of this particular settlement just going off a typical civil case.
I believe John was referring the cost to the band. The band had to defend themselves in court and hired big gun attorneys and work out a settlement not including the payout. Lindsey was definitely paid a good amount which hurt the profits of the rest of the members.
Old 02-06-2023, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
As with most civil cases there is a settlement. You aim big and then settle. If he sued and alleged 14 million in damages, I bet the settlement was definitely over 4 million but under 9 million. I have no personal knowledge of this particular settlement just going off a typical civil case.
I believe John was referring the cost to the band. The band had to defend themselves in court and hired big gun attorneys and work out a settlement not including the payout. Lindsey was definitely paid a good amount which hurt the profits of the rest of the members.
That sounds reasonable. It was mentioned here that a few months ago Lindsey purchased a house for his wife to remodel, so that makes me think he got closer to $9 million than $4 million, but it’s still big bucks, whatever the final amount was. He deserved it, he was expecting that income. And settling was cheaper in the long run for the band because if they’d gone to trial, that would have cost them tons more PLUS they would have lost anyway, and probably paid even more in damages.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And Bonnie worked with Christine, so there was presumably a lot of respect and sympathy between them.
Unreleased version of Bonnie’s No Way To Treat a Lady with Christine…

https://youtu.be/r1lsnvqGZl8
Old 02-06-2023, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
Unreleased version of Bonnie’s No Way To Treat a Lady with Christine…

https://youtu.be/r1lsnvqGZl8
Yeah—and backing vocals on “Angel,” the last song on NINE LIVES.
Old 02-06-2023, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I loved this bit from Sheryl regarding the technical issues. So true and easy to visualize.

Quote:
Needless to say, I was disappointed but Mick and I decided after the performance that perhaps Christine might be up there sipping champaign and giggling, having been a keyboard player herself. ❤️
Old 02-06-2023, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I loved this bit from Sheryl regarding the technical issues. So true and easy to visualize.
Christine would definitely be laughing(and waltzing) at(to) it.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy;1282615[B
]I was wondering where you you got the $3 million each figure from. I believe Lindsey sued for $14 million,[/B] saying that’s what he expected to have earned if he had toured with FM. I figure he got something close to what you said, I was just curious if you saw that number somewhere.

If he did sue for around $14 million, divide that by the 4 of them that's a little over $3million each of them didn't get to keep from the tour but instead had to payout to him.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
except that's exactly how it sounded and looked.
yes it totally sounded like half the piano (ie one hand) was not there...