The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2023, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When I hear Mick’s we’re done statement, while sad, I agree with it. Then I hear the “well never say never” equivocation, I am reminded of this Don Henley quote from late 2016. Likely even more salient for individuals and entities who have a history of miscalculating their debt to income ratio.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html
Old 02-06-2023, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
When I hear Mick’s we’re done statement, while sad, I agree with it. Then I hear the “well never say never” equivocation, I am reminded of this Don Henley quote from late 2016. Likely even more salient for individuals and entities who have a history of miscalculating their debt to income ratio.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html
Yeah, somewhere Irving Azoff was smirking when he saw that comment from Mick last night. The question Would be, can FM be considered viable with just Mick and Stevie (and add in whomever else for the hypothetical)? Eagles still had Henley, Walsh, and Schmidt…and the bonus of Frey’s son being added to soften things. Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey, John, and Christine is a tougher sell IMO even with Finn and Campbell again. Not to mention, it’s 7 years later. That’s a long time when the principles are mid-70’s.
Old 02-06-2023, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
people have posted videos and had them taken down (apparently by the Grammys)

here's one still up

https://twitter.com/gradyryan1/statu...52626422890496

Not a fan of the piano intro... sounds like half of it is missing
Thank you for sharing this, I would have never found that. Errrr....not sure what to think. I'm sure they all had good intentions but not a fan of the drum, or the Sheryl/ Bonnie combo. I think Bonnie alone at the piano playing Songbird by herself would have been more effective. BUT...at least Christine got the spotlight while they did that "in memoriam" section so that's cool. JMHO
Old 02-06-2023, 09:29 AM

I will say Bonnie was incredible. I would have loved to see just Ms. Raitt and the piano.

Extremely grateful Christine was on that screen ... The music world realizes we lost Fleetwood Mac, and Thank the stars above that she was the face of Fleetwood Mac. I'm proud that Mick put that together.
Old 02-06-2023, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yeah, somewhere Irving Azoff was smirking when he saw that comment from Mick last night. The question Would be, can FM be considered viable with just Mick and Stevie (and add in whomever else for the hypothetical)? Eagles still had Henley, Walsh, and Schmidt…and the bonus of Frey’s son being added to soften things. Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey, John, and Christine is a tougher sell IMO even with Finn and Campbell again. Not to mention, it’s 7 years later. That’s a long time when the principles are mid-70’s.
I think they learned on some level in 2018 it was a tougher sell, even then.
Old 02-06-2023, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought they all did a great job. Sheryl's vocal didn't strike me as off, but it sorta sounded like she may have fumbled her piano arrangement in the beginning. It all clicked a little bit better when Bonnie came in and the piano part was a bit closer to the original.
Old 02-06-2023, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Extremely grateful Christine was on that screen ... The music world realizes we lost Fleetwood Mac, and Thank the stars above that she was the face of Fleetwood Mac. I'm proud that Mick put that together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yeah, somewhere Irving Azoff was smirking when he saw that comment from Mick last night.
#throwup emoji - and unfortunately, we know that's probably the case. hope Mick's money holds up and he doesn't succumb to yet another monstrosity, like Eagles cannot resist, apparently.

with all the scandals of TM/LN monopoly that Azoff had a major hand in creating.....

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-06-2023, 01:32 PM

Fleetwood Mac died 11/30/22. Let FM rest in peace.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It actually died when the old goat got Lindsey fired. But as of 11/30, there IS NOW NO RETURN.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely..however and sadly it all depends on how financially solvent Mick is .We have already seen that he will do almost anything for $$ when the chips are down. He left an opening in his spiel yesterday that could lead one to believe he may try to milk Fleetwood Mac to it's last drop.

Old 02-06-2023, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It really was. "Put to bed" as he said. Interesting that he mentioned Stevie, Lindsey, Neil, and Mike continuing to perform but not John
I also focused in on that quote. I wonder if the demise of FM isn't more to do with John being done. Stevie, Lindsey and the rest could come and go, but not John. I think him saying he's finished would really be the end.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-06-2023, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sheryl posted that there were some technical difficulties with the piano:
https://www.facebook.com/sherylcrow/posts/719573816205125

Bonnie's part was lovely. Sheryl not so much, but I think the piano threw her off.

Now that I think about it, Christine would have done a lovely cover of "I Can't Make You Love Me."
Old 02-06-2023, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Sheryl posted that there were some technical difficulties with the piano:
https://www.facebook.com/sherylcrow/posts/719573816205125

Bonnie's part was lovely. Sheryl not so much, but I think the piano threw her off.

Now that I think about it, Christine would have done a lovely cover of "I Can't Make You Love Me."
thanks for sharing - glad she posted this - exactly how it sounded "At one point, the piano in our ears was in a different key than what I was playing!" - like they both were off-key with the piano and trying to figure out how to get back on key.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-06-2023, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well if you believe the Lindsey centric view of Fleetwood Mac, the band was ready to carry on without John when he got sick, so a substitute bass player would be no big deal to Mick if that scenario has validity.

I wonder if deep down Mick resents Lindsey for suing the band? That suit took $3 million, plus fees, out of the pockets of each John, Stevie, Christine, and Mick. (I doubt it impacted Neil and Mike and their agreed upon wage) So despite all the warm words between the two, money is money and that hit Mick where it hurts.

I don' think there will ever be a massive tour, but could Azoff convince them for goodbye stadium dates in LA, Chicago, NYC, London? Maybe?

As for the viability of Fleetwood Mac with just Stevie and Mick, as long Stevie fronts the band they could play with cardboard cutouts supported by the ghosts of Lindsey's 2015 wall of samplers and tracks playing all the other sounds and all would be fine with the majority of fandom. Would Azoff, be motivated by forcing the money higher, by the reunion of Stevie and Lindsey, well that is a wildcard...

Never doubt greed and gluttony.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is the actual "Songbird" performance on line? I'd like to take a look at it, if anyone has a link they can share.