User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Guess you missed this quote from a professor at the Army War College in the article I posted:

"Record's core criticism is that the administration is biting off more than it can chew. He likens the scale of U.S. ambitions in the war on terrorism to Hitler's overreach in World War II. "A cardinal rule of strategy is to keep your enemies to a manageable number," he writes. "The Germans were defeated in two world wars ... because their strategic ends outran their available means."
This IMO would be a valid comparison. But, it is not what people think of when they think of Hitler.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
As for the bait: he doesn't need a lobotomy, he would have to fulfill the requirement of having a brain.
I wasn't aware it was a requirement to have a brain in order to become President of the United States. I thought you just had to act as a figure head/marionette while others run the office. Isn't that the way it works???
Old 01-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The man is on kidney dialysis. Where is he? In a fu*king cave? Our first and foremost priority should have been to find the man who killed 3000 of our citizens on September11, not to play "You tried to kill my daddy-now give me the oil."
That said, please do not take my post as a personal slam.
I agree - but we are still looking for him. That has not stopped from what I have read. I think we will find him , but who knows. Interestingly, how long is long enough before we can move on from using every available resource to look for him? Iask this not to be smart, but practicle. I mean at some point we have to admit defeat in this area, which I cannot believe we have to do, but that is the fact before us - we let him slip away, when there was everything we could do (lame LB ref. I know ) . More reason not to re elect W.

Interestingly, I often wonder if the D's or even another R President could have done anything better in Afganistan? I ask this not to be smart, but just out of curiosity. I mean from my point of view, we did the best we could there.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-12-2004 at 09:05 PM..
Old 01-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Compare Saddam with Hitler if you MUST compare someone at all. Don't compare Bush. The notion that he and his administration are some sort of second-coming of the third reich does not settle well with me...it's ridiculous, IMO.
I would compare both Bush and Saddam with Hitler, for different reasons, of course.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wasn't aware it was a requirement to have a brain in order to become President of the United States. I thought you just had to act as a figure head/marionette while others run the office. Isn't that the way it works???
Well, Risster, your theory has definitely been proven by this administration! And that's all there is to say about that!

Old 01-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I won't and I'll fight to the death for what i believe in. I'm feeling very Kucinich today.
Me too! He had me in hysterics on last nights debate with his pie chart. I watched it all over again on C-SPAN just for that.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Interestingly, I often wonder if the D's or even another R President could have done anything better in Afganistan? I ask this not to be smart, but just out of curiosity. I mean from my point of view, we did the best we could there.
Well, this all goes back to how complicit was Bush & Co. in 9/11? For those of you who haven't read it, I highly reccomend reading the Ellen Mariani lawsuit. I've posted it before but I don't think it's here anymore. If you do a simple search, there's plenty of info out there. I am nonplussed that the opium poppy growth has doubled, so heroin trafficking has become the basis for their economy, among other things, like teenage prostitution.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Hate to see you go..it's been fun!
Doll, I ain't goin' nowhere.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Doll, I ain't goin' nowhere.

Glad to hear it!

In all seriousness...I rarely discuss politics in "the real world". It is fun to vent at times and I enjoy a great heated discussion as long as it stays sane.

I hope that nobody gets offended, though. But, If you are gonna enter the political discussion arena then you better be ready to battle!

Besides...no matter how much we all disagree on politics...at least we all know that we have great taste in music!!!!

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
All accounts as of now point to these missles being used to carry chemical WMD. If that is proven false so be it. I am not married to the idea. I am just saying that they were buried in an obvious attempt to hide them gives credibility to the argument that SH was hiding WMD. I fail to see how this discovery proves otherwise. Again, it was SH burden to demonstrate he had destroyed these weapons. he did not do so. Instead, as it stands now, this discovery shows he hid them inspectors in violation of his agreement with the UN.
It still in no way enforces what the administration told us. If his possession of those buried weapons, which we more than likely gave him to kill the Iranians with and were buried before the UN resolutions, was justification of this joke of a war, I heartily disagree. You haven't said a lot of things that are out there, but this is definitely one of them. People are too quick to dispose of Shrub's lies.

As for Osama, Albright was 100% correct when she said we'll get an October surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if the supposed WMDs showed up around that time, too.

And you want something to salivate over? I think the capture of Saddam was very fishy and perhaps may have been a bit staged, much like the Jessica Lynch rescue (that rescue was a joke!).

Old 01-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Glad to hear it!

In all seriousness...I rarely discuss politics in "the real world". It is fun to vent at times and I enjoy a great heated discussion as long as it stays sane.

I hope that nobody gets offended, though. But, If you are gonna enter the political discussion arena then you better be ready to battle!

Besides...no matter how much we all disagree on politics...at least we all know that we have great taste in music!!!!

Rob

I live and breathe politics and shout out my views from the rooftop, so this is just an extension of the stuff I talk about every day.

Old 01-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Rob
That's one thing I'll thank Clinton for...bringing the Mac back
Old 01-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I live and breathe politics and shout out my views from the rooftop, so this is just an extension of the stuff I talk about every day.
I have actually found that most people avoid political discussions becasue they hate to debate and would rather talk about the pleasures of life...Sex, drugs & Rock 'n' Roll!!!

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's one thing I'll thank Clinton for...bringing the Mac back
I definitley think that was one of the major accomplishments of his adminstration!!

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 01-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
?

Finding Saddam was a shock to many people BECAUSE the media was not alerted and tipped off on the mission to extract him from his hole. We didn't see that one coming...and that's the way it should have been. No need to broadcast it to everyone so someone can let him know, hey, they're onto you! Get out! I don't feel we should be alerted on EVERY movement and EVERY tactic that will be taken in efforts to find Osama or any other threat for that matter.

I wanted to get into a little more depth on this earlier but I had to leave. My opinion is that we didn't actually find Saddam. I think the Kurds had him first and were trying to negotiate for the $25 million reward and when that fell through, or perhaps they were offered some cash, they gave up his locale. Before any of you assail this theory, remember the bull**** they fed us about the Jessica Lynch "rescue". Something to think about.
With respect to Osama, 166 million dollars and 500 lives go a long way toward finding him. As a taxpayer, I would much rather see their efforts in this direction than on the illegal invasion of Iraq. Yes, I believe it to have been illegal. We really had no basis for invading this country and I think that is going to come to light (it already has) for the reasons I have cited in many posts.
Thirdly, if we would stop funding the apartheid that is going on in Israel, 9/11 may never have happened. We currently give them about $3 billion a year. They have nuclear weapons, while their neighbors (Palestine) have none. No weapons whatsoever. It makes us look very bad in the Arab world. Therefore they perceive us to be their enemy as well. Mix that with a lot of money and a lot of religious fundamentalism and you've got a big problem. Don't forget, President Bush is in so tight with Sultan Bin Bandar (I think that I am spelling his name correctly) that they call him Bandar Bush. The very first oil company ever set up for Shrub by his father was financed by Salem Bin Laden. After 9/11, Bush flew out the remaining Bin Ladens without even questioning them to see if they might have known where Bin Laden was. He was at his nephew's wedding less than six months earlier, so it is complete hogwash that the family had nothing to do with him. Bin Laden requires regular kidney dialysis, so there is no way he is living in a cave, at least not for any lenght of time. As a free thinking person, let me ask you, does this sit well with you? Wouldn't you have to agree that something doesn't add up?