The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Dilana would be the best choice. She just looks like she is in the band, and she is all attitude, which is what you need, and she has the audience. Um, I like how Dilby talked about her lower and upper register. Hah you mean her lower register, and her lower-upper register, Dilby? Her growling sort of get son my nerves, and her "come on!" was totally cheezy, and then she did it twice.

Storm sounded like she might vomit in the middle of the song. It was disappointing. It lurched and dragged—such a tired song—it was a bad choice, and she didn't redeem it, she just made it's hackneyed melody ugly. I am not sure how they could compare doing Time After Time to that song, though. Huh? And, what's with announcing Cat's In The Cradle as a rock anthem. They are all high.

Ryan didn't really apprehend the big broad parts of In the Air Tonight, in my opinion: he just sounds like he is shouting.
Now, with that string section there, why didn't they let someone sing a Zeppelin song? it could have been cool.

Last edited by ragandbone; 08-16-2006 at 01:11 PM..
Old 08-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone View Post
I am not sure how they could compare doing Time After Time to that song, though.
Yeah, that pissed me off. I agree about the "come ons" from Dilana--not the right song for them. Still, I think she's incredible.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone View Post
Now, with that string section there, why didn't they let someone sing a Zeppelin song? it could have been cool.
Or Pink Floyd.

I was really disappointed that Toby didn't do more with Solsbury Hill. It's one of my fav's. It just so happens that my last name is Salisbury, I know, I know, it's not the same spelling, but I like it

Old 08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok. so who's out?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
ok. so who's out?
Zayra. I thought it was going to be Patrice but she came to life and sang Celebrity Skin and saved herself.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Zayra. I thought it was going to be Patrice but she came to life and sang Celebrity Skin and saved herself.
Thanks. I missed it tonite. I was at a stupid wedding shower and the Rockstar website doesn't say. Zayra, sounds about right.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
Thanks. I missed it tonite. I was at a stupid wedding shower and the Rockstar website doesn't say. Zayra, sounds about right.
I liked Z. I thought she brought something different. I realize everybody wasn't into her. Patrice had looked so miserable lately that I thought 'Just let the poor girl go already.' Then watching her tonight I wondered why she doens't perform with that kind of intensity all the time on the show. She kind of reminds me of Sheryl Crow.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I liked Z. I thought she brought something different. I realize everybody wasn't into her. Patrice had looked so miserable lately that I thought 'Just let the poor girl go already.' Then watching her tonight I wondered why she doens't perform with that kind of intensity all the time on the show. She kind of reminds me of Sheryl Crow.
me too! especially tonight. I really loved her performance tonight...like really.

what was the name of the song?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Zayra kind of grew on me the past two weeks. She wasn't right for the band, but she was entertaining. Patrice was good tonight with Celebrity Skin, but usually she is boring. She's not right for Supernova either, so maybe they should have kept the one around who is consistently more entertaining?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
me too! especially tonight. I really loved her performance tonight...like really.

what was the name of the song?
Razor by Blue October? I think. Or are you talking about Celebrity Skin by Hole? (Patrice's song)
Old 08-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
Zayra kind of grew on me the past two weeks. She wasn't right for the band, but she was entertaining. Patrice was good tonight with Celebrity Skin, but usually she is boring. She's not right for Supernova either, so maybe they should have kept the one around who is consistently more entertaining?
I think the biggest disappointment tonight were the awful lyrics to the Supernova original. I love the backing track (complete with the woohoo's) but those words are way too masculine for a woman to pull off. Ditch the words guys! Lukas's lyrics were way better.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK

supernova - I didn't like the song. I can't put my finger on it but something sounded off. All of it. Dalani fronted well. The special effects ruined it for me. It reminded me of an mtv video and it is a little early on for that. I noticed the addition of some recorded scratches of her voice were interjected. I didn't care for that either. And did it appear to anyone else that some shots were pre or re-recorded? Maybe I am just sleepys. 9pm...what a wuss.

ryan - I was surprised he earned the encore. He is the bottom for me of the three guys.

patrice - pulled it out.

magni - I really really love that song. I was confused with his interp of "I shouldn't be here." He seemed confused too. That dude may have an aneurism.

z - that is one scary bitch. she is effing insane. but, gosh, she can be sweet.

note to storm - you remind me of that blonde ditz on american idol. you don't need to "act." Please stop...it is getting to be a bit fake.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the biggest disappointment tonight were the awful lyrics to the Supernova original. I love the backing track (complete with the woohoo's) but those words are way too masculine for a woman to pull off. Ditch the words guys! Lukas's lyrics were way better.
I didn't think the new song was anything special. It seemed to have a good beat but I thought the band wanted to have a new, different sound and I wasn't hearing that. I also really hated the dancers. After Gilby talked about how he didn't like Jill bumping and grinding him, the band has girls come on stage and dance.

I'm glad Zayra is gone. Patrice should be next although tonight's performance was one of her best.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Missed tonight but it doesn't really matter, I still only watch the show for Dilana. Can we just get to the finale already where its just her and Magni squaring off? Will anyone be shocked when, oh, I don't know, Toby gets the boot? Get to it already!

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid View Post
I also really hated the dancers. After Gilby talked about how he didn't like Jill bumping and grinding him, the band has girls come on stage and dance.
Exactly. I realize it's part of the rock genre, but I couldn't help feeling it would almost be an insult to a female lead singer. It's more suited to those who can't sing or perform and need it as a distraction. Tonight it distracted from Dilana's performance and wasn't needed.