The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can anyone please send me a pm. I'm having trouble with receiving them. If you are unable to send it, please let me know here.

Thank, Viv
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Can anyone please send me a pm. I'm having trouble with receiving them. If you are unable to send it, please let me know here.

Thank, Viv
I just tried,

" 1. vivfox has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

Thur's ya problem

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 08-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I move into my new apartment in 11 days. My flight to Atlantic City is in 24 days. I see Stevie in 25 days. And I'm going to New York in 26 days AND I get to meet several ledgies that weekend. I am so excited. Life is good
Old 08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thank, Viv
I just tried and got the same message. Michele is looking into it (I passed it on to her this morning).
Old 08-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I just tried and got the same message. Michele is looking into it (I passed it on to her this morning).
Thank you Jannie. I already deleted several messages and it still reads the same thing. However when I am in the Rumours Forum it does not say Your PM box is 100% full
Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

....And he starts yelling back - whilst waving his arms about furiously, mind - that he heard one of the rental properties caught on fire last night, and he doesn't know which one it was, so he had every right to come check it out, and besides, he forgot I live here. . . . .

. . . .

"Well, look - I'm just really angry, okay?!!"

Oh! You're really angry? Well, in that case, then, by all means, please carry on, my good man. *adjusts monocle*

Uhmm . . . No. He doesn't. Granted this stuff may vary from state-to-state, I can tell you that in general, a landlord or his/her representative does not have the right to enter the premises without warning the tenants first, period, end of discussion.
There's no "yeah, but..." Period, end of discussion, the landlord just simply does not have that right. That's completely, 100% ignoring the common-sense right-or-wrong of it: The landlord simply does not have the right to do that.

On the flip side, and please don't take this the wrong way 'cause I can certainly sympathise with how you feel about this and you certainly have every right to feel that way - It might be worthwhile to at least try to understand why he was so angry. This is possibly a HUGE investment that his family is making - taking a big business chance - and - why would there have been a fire? Utter carelessness on the part of a tenant? Maybe somebody was even doing crystal meth? There might be a specific reason that made him angry.

But having said that, if I were the Judge, all that would be instantly thrown out the door. He entered a tenant's premises without giving prior warning; that's against the law and probably even in your contract with him. Period. "Nothing else matters." And to be honest I find it "a little suspicious." Whether he likes it or not, it raises the question of what he was really up to. Maybe he didn't know you were home or thought you were sleeping. You might "have to be careful" 'cause sometimes it might be somewhat disadvantageous to piss of the landlord (and you don't want to piss the son off to the point where he might want to get even or "take revenge," if he's that kind of person) - but - in my mind you have every single right in the world to complain to the landlord himself, either through a verbal conversation or even through a formal letter. And if you have a verbal conversation, I honestly think you should literally say something to him like "I'm going to write down the time and date of this conversation, and I want you to acknowledge to me that this conversation has taken place." Unless he's a total schmuck, he'll get the idea when you say that. (i.m.o.)

Not to go on about it "too much" but it kind of "raises a red flag" for me - it's over the top and makes me wonder about his stability and motivations.

By the way though - ten thousand and thirty-seven kudos to Cute Guitar Boy. i.m.o. he should pick up some serious brownie points here for being brave on a moment's notice.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 08-02-2010 at 08:19 PM..
Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Uhmm . . . No. He doesn't. Granted this stuff may vary from state-to-state, I can tell you that in general, a landlord or his/her representative does not have the right to enter the premises without warning the tenants first, period, end of discussion.
There's no "yeah, but..." Period, end of discussion, the landlord just simply does not have that right. That's completely, 100% ignoring the common-sense right-or-wrong of it: The landlord simply does not have the right to do that.

On the flip side, and please don't take this the wrong way 'cause I can certainly sympathise with how you feel about this and you certainly have every right to feel that way - It might be worthwhile to at least try to understand why he was so angry. This is possibly a HUGE investment that his family is making - taking a big business chance - and - why would there have been a fire? Utter carelessness on the part of a tenant? Maybe somebody was even doing crystal meth? There might be a specific reason that made him angry.

But having said that, if I were the Judge, all that would be instantly thrown out the door. He entered a tenant's premises without giving prior warning; that's against the law and probably even in your contract with him. Period. "Nothing else matters." And to be honest I find it "a little suspicious." Whether he likes it or not, it raises the question of what he was really up to. Maybe he didn't know you were home or thought you were sleeping. You might "have to be careful" 'cause sometimes it might be somewhat disadvantageous to piss of the landlord (and you don't want to piss the son off to the point where he might want to get even or "take revenge," if he's that kind of person) - but - in my mind you have every single right in the world to complain to the landlord himself, either through a verbal conversation or even through a formal letter. And if you have a verbal conversation, I honestly think you should literally say something to him like "I'm going to write down the time and date of this conversation, and I want you to acknowledge to me that this conversation has taken place." Unless he's a total schmuck, he'll get the idea when you say that. (i.m.o.)

Not to go on about it "too much" but it kind of "raises a red flag" for me - it's over the top and makes me wonder about his stability and motivations.

By the way though - ten thousand and thirty-seven kudos to Cute Guitar Boy. i.m.o. he should pick up some serious brownie points here for being brave on a moment's notice.
No, you are right - he does not have the right to barge in here whenever he wants. That's why Cute Guitar Boy and I just goggled at him for a moment before I could think of anything to say - it was a big load of crazy and WRONG.

And, to be honest, I do not buy the fire story, either way - when he was ranting at us, he said he was just trying to figure out which house had been on fire the night before - like, really, if a house your dad owns was on fire last night, why would you not know which one it was? But even so, the house next door to mine is theirs, as well, and I asked the woman that lives there if he had knocked on her door or anything that morning, and she said no.

If he was so worried about his property that he kicked in my door without permission when he knows full well he is not allowed to do that, then why did he not check the house right next door, too? It's seriously only about 15 steps from my front door to theirs.

My foster parents live in a house they rent from these people, too, and they were shown the other houses they own, so we know where all their rental properties are - cursory drive-bys do not show any kind of fire damage anywhere. Theoretically, the fire could've been inside where we can't see it, but who knows.

I can understand being worried about property, but these guys have been renting these houses out for many years. The landlord bought this one in the early 70s. So they know what they can and can't do. I don't know what his problem is, but he scared the crap out of me, and if he does anything like that again, I will call the cops.

I have had nothing but problems with these people since I signed the lease, and it's really becoming incredibly frustrating and making me nervous. I am going out tomorrow to buy new locks, just in case.

But yes! Hooray for Cute Guitar Boy! I was glad he was there. I can handle myself, of course, but it's nice to have someone backing you up in certain situations.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 08-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
No, you are right - he does not have the right to barge in here whenever he wants. That's why Cute Guitar Boy and I just goggled at him for a moment before I could think of anything to say - it was a big load of crazy and WRONG. . . . .

But yes! Hooray for Cute Guitar Boy! I was glad he was there. I can handle myself, of course, but it's nice to have someone backing you up in certain situations.
List of things that I think should happen next - but - alas - won't. . . .

1.) Crazy Psycho Landlord's Son drives to Daddy's house and says, "I think maybe there's going to be some trouble. I did something . . . really dumb."

2.) Receiving an apology from either Psycho Son or the Landlord himself; either
handwritten or in person. Preferably from the two of them together.

3.) A promise that this will never, ever, ever happen again.

4.) An offer to make it up to you somehow.

5.) An inspection of your door to make sure that it hasn't been damaged and is still secure.

All of which, if 'ya think about it, are kinda symptomatic in their absence. . . .
Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you Jannie. I already deleted several messages and it still reads the same thing. However when I am in the Rumours Forum it does not say Your PM box is 100% full
The email address we have for you is bouncing back. If you will provide your current address, we can send you a msg describing the problem.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
The email address we have for you is bouncing back. If you will provide your current address, we can send you a msg describing the problem.
I think I have figured it out. I am no longer listed as a supporting member(green lettering). This would make me over the limit on messages. Please ask Michele if she wants me re-listed as supporting.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Annie, sometimes I forget that common sense is a privilege and not a right. It's a tough idea to swallow, but it's also very true.

By the way, have you ever read hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com? If not, GO LOOK NOW. And read the entire thing, but specifically the posts that you see on the righthand side in a column. Best. Blog. Ever. I feel like you'd appreciate the humor.
Missed this before, my bad! I LOVE Hyperbole and a Half. You can often find me wandering around my house lately, shouting things like, "EMAIL!" and "GROCERIES!" and "GO TO THE MOTHERF*CKING BANK LIKE AN ADULT!" and my personal favorite, "CLEAN ALL THE THINGS!"

I also like the Spaghatta Nadle.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be standing in front of Stevie Nicks in about 27 hours .
Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I have figured it out. I am no longer listed as a supporting member(green lettering). This would make me over the limit on messages. Please ask Michele if she wants me re-listed as supporting.
It's my understanding that if you want more space, you would need to renew your membership as "supporting." Again, if you give us some way of contacting you privately, Michele can go over details with you.

Thanks.
Janet
Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
I'll be standing in front of Stevie Nicks in about 27 hours .

I'll be feeling jealous in approximately 26.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So this past weekend down at The Cape was AWESOME!! I totally forgot my camera at home so I didnt get to take any pics!!! =( So we got to the house at like 11 or so. Hung out for a bit and went to bed. The next day we went to the beach. The waves werent totally ballin. I've seen and body surfed better ones lol But the water was wicked nice!! So we hung out at the beach like ALLLL freakin day lol Then we went home and all showered and hung out and ate dinner and hung out some more and went to bed. The next day we went to a lake for a couple hours. I Kayaked for the FIRST time and it was SO much fun! We were out SOOOO far and it was amazing lol I was pretty awesome at it =P Then we packed up and went to another beach. Ashley convinced me to swim out to the booey's. There were like 8 shark sightings 20 miles away and I was scared ****less that I was gonna get attacked by a shark or something LOL So on our way back to land(LOL) I had like panic attack cause Michael thought it would be funny to scare me. So I started crying and Ashley tried to hold me in the water and make me stop swimming and relax, but I obviously didnt want to and just paddled my way back to shore. I was never so happy in my life LOL So after awhile we head back to the house and all shower and pack up and go out to dinner at this pretty awesome place. I had fried clam strips...NOM!!!

The car ride home alone was AMAZING LOL Dance party/sing a long/bonding/texting from car to car/going into a mcdonalds for all of us to pee....yea

~Love, Caitlin~