The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which DEM do you support: Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama?
Hillary Clinton 31 63.27%
Barack Obama 18 36.73%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
. . . who dared enter my personal space!
Must you ALWAYS bring up your bikini area

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Must you ALWAYS bring up your bikini area
Well, if you would just stop staring at it... take a picture, it will last longer.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, if you would just stop staring at it... take a picture, it will last longer.
Well, if where you step grass dies, what do you think that area will do to the silver halide crystals of film

Also, like a train wreck . . . .

Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, if where you step grass dies, what do you think that area will do to the silver halide crystals of film

Also, like a train wreck . . . .
Oh, that silver halide should be so lucky!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh... it's on... found this on a forum somewhere:

Quote:
Bob Beckel says Bombshell is heading Michele Obama's way. (Vanity)
Fox & FRiends ^ | 05/03/08 | mware

Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:02:24 AM by mware

If any of you had the opportunity to watch Fox & FRiends this morning, you probably saw Bob Beckel being interviewed about todays political events.

Towards the end of the interview he announced to the Fox & FRiends hosts that he has been told by numerous people,(enough and in a way that convinced him) that a bombshell will be dropping tomorrow about Michele Obama.

The Friends turned white and asked what it might be...was it worse than a college thesis? Bob said—Oh yes, in a BIG way. He said that the Repubs were behind it and it was dumb because it meant that Mrs. Clinton would be the nominee.

So the die is cast, IMHO Hillary will suspend her campaign within the next 24 hours and then the bomb will drop, leaving the Republics to take the blame.

Beckel said that this will make Hillary the candidate. Whatever is on that tape (if it is a tape)it must be a beaut.
You heard it first on the Ledge!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
BombaySapphire3
This message has been deleted by BombaySapphire3.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It can only be one thing!! Michelle is in reality Michael Robinson Obama!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Obama creeps past McCain in opinion poll

Democratic White House candidate Barack Obama has pulled ahead of Republican John McCain in the latest Gallup voter opinion survey, published Tuesday in USA Today.

Obama lead McCain 47 to 44 percent, in a reversal from Gallup's findings a month ago, which saw McCain ahead of Obama 47 to 45 percent.

Both leads are within the poll's four point margin of error.

A matchup pitting Hillary Clinton against McCain saw the former first lady with a sharper advantage of 49 percent versus 43 for the presumptive Republican nominee, Gallup found.

Obama was favored to win Tuesday's final two primaries in Montana and South Dakota and also to clinch the Democratic nomination, possibly in the same day.

The poll found that 58 percent of Americans have a positive image of Obama, 56 view McCain favorably and 54 have a good opinion of Clinton.

But President George W. Bush's approval rating was just 28 percent.

And the poll depicted Americans as pessimistic about their buying power, with 55 percent saying they are worse off now than they were a year ago and just 26 percent saying the reverse.

Americans have not been so gloomy since 1976, Gallup said, adding that such sentiment generally leads voters to oust whatever political party is currently in the White House.

www.yahoo.com

This certainly will fall for Obama when and if the "whitey" comment comes out, which I hope it does not. Interestingly, all the talk about the "whitey" comment through unofficial channels as well as the innuendo on Fox, has not seemed to affect Obama. I am thinking that though "whitey" most certainly is a racist comment, she may be able to get away with it because she is black and the bar for racism does not really apply in reverse, e.g., the use of ni**er in a significant percentage of rap songs and in the black vernacular. Also, if she apologizes for it and then ties it to racial frustration by the whites, it likely will seem softer.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-03-2008 at 11:09 AM..
Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It can only be one thing!! Michelle is in reality Michael Robinson Obama!

Talk about being on the DL

Old 06-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, that silver halide should be so lucky!
Perhaps it could act as fly paper.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Obama creeps past McCain in opinion poll

Democratic White House candidate Barack Obama has pulled ahead of Republican John McCain in the latest Gallup voter opinion survey, published Tuesday in USA Today.

Obama lead McCain 47 to 44 percent, in a reversal from Gallup's findings a month ago, which saw McCain ahead of Obama 47 to 45 percent.

Both leads are within the poll's four point margin of error.

A matchup pitting Hillary Clinton against McCain saw the former first lady with a sharper advantage of 49 percent versus 43 for the presumptive Republican nominee, Gallup found.

Obama was favored to win Tuesday's final two primaries in Montana and South Dakota and also to clinch the Democratic nomination, possibly in the same day.

The poll found that 58 percent of Americans have a positive image of Obama, 56 view McCain favorably and 54 have a good opinion of Clinton.

But President George W. Bush's approval rating was just 28 percent.

And the poll depicted Americans as pessimistic about their buying power, with 55 percent saying they are worse off now than they were a year ago and just 26 percent saying the reverse.

Americans have not been so gloomy since 1976, Gallup said, adding that such sentiment generally leads voters to oust whatever political party is currently in the White House.

www.yahoo.com

This certainly will fall for Obama when and if the "whitey" comment comes out, which I hope it does not. Interestingly, all the talk about the "whitey" comment through unofficial channels as well as the innuendo on Fox, has not seemed to affect Obama. I am thinking that though "whitey" most certainly is a racist comment, she may be able to get away with it because she is black and the bar for racism does not really apply in reverse, e.g., the use of ni**er in a significant percentage of rap songs and in the black vernacular. Also, if she apologizes for it and then ties it to racial frustration by the whites, it likely will seem softer.
Actually I read that she is polling 30 points ahead in South Dakota and just a few points behind in Montana. It will be amazing if she pulls two upsets today, on BO's supposed day of victory.

Yes, Obama has always gotten a pass on those other controversies because they probably had to give him the benefit of the doubt since he did not utter the hate speech himself. This is different. This garbage is coming right out of Michelle's mouth and she is right next to Farrakan. Talk about getting caught red handed! Or black-handed, as the case may be ! But until I get to see the tape for myself, I am going to remain cautiously skeptical. But the timing could not be worse for BO- just when the Dems have annointed their king, who is off doing early victory laps. Unleashing this bombshell, if it is as bad as they are saying, will totally de-rail the general DNC campaign for a while- perhaps all summer until the convention.

Anyway, I am thinking about hitting Hillary's closing night speech tonight. It *may* be historic! FYI it's at the Baruch College gymnasium located at 55 Lexington Ave @ 24th. See y'all on the TV!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am very bigoted in my views. I favor immediately eliminating all entitlements.
It's a dog eat dog world, & only the strongest, most favored will survive. I have no candidate to vote for.
I am very sad.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about ??? I mean wouldn't Louis Farrakan make a great secretary of state??

Old 06-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about ??? I mean wouldn't Louis Farrakan make a great secretary of state??
Well, he'd be an interesting one Talk about the Nation of Islam rejoicing

The thing I find sad is that people like him have some legitimate points to make. Sadly, much like the crazy Christians, they dress it up in hate speech which negates the legitimate point they are trying to make.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, now the story is that this was a panel including Michelle, Mrs. Farrakan (Louis' wife) and Reverend Meek's wife- an angry wives club, if you will. Can I get an "amen, sistah!"

With details like this slowly coming to light, I think there is no way that this is a fabrication; where there's smoke, there's fire, I always say. Now it's just going to be a matter of whether the tape will be released, which words she used, how she used them and the severity of the scowl on that busted up mug of hers.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HejiraNYC,

Did any superdelegets go Hillary's way today?