The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2023, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You’re such a Mick, Stevie, and Irving fanboy!

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-05-2023 at 09:58 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
You’re such Mick and Irving fanboy!
Those are the facts. Too bad you have to resort to name calling than debate the facts.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-05-2023, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Those are the facts. Too bad you have to resort to name calling than debate the facts.
Oh I wasn’t aware that “fanboy” was considered name calling LOL. Wowzers. Shouldn’t you be patrolling the forums for grammatical errors or something?

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-05-2023 at 09:56 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. Lindsey left the band 56 days before opening night. Stevie said she couldn’t work with Lindsey anymore and Mick and Irving scrambled to keep her in the band
Lindsey left 56 days before the fully booked tour.

it was over 8 months before the start of the planned tour in 2018, which was not booked yet, when Stevie pulled her ultimatum. so there was no reason to scramble. plus you have speculated that they planned this since mid 2017.

Stevie, Irving, and Azoff decided to push Lindsey out. or maybe Stevie and Irving decided, and presented Mick with take it or leave it deal. we know that Chris and John were stunned and wanted nothing to do with it, when it first went down.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2023, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh I wasn’t aware that “fanboy” was considered name calling LOL. Wowzers. Perhaps you are miffed that I didn’t choose to engage in a half baked argument with you.
Nothing half-baked at all.

Stevie couldn’t work with Lindsey anymore in 2018 just like he couldn’t work with her in 1987.

“So, Stevie should have left” you say.

Let’s say Stevie said “That’s it. I quit. I can’t do this anymore. I can’t work with Lindsey. Send me postcards from the road.” What outcome other than Mick and Irving giving her a “there, there” and scrambling to keep her in the band by any means necessary do you think would have actually happened?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-05-2023, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey left 56 days before the fully booked tour.
Which is way worse. Leaving the band less than eight weeks when there’s a fully booked tour behind a hit album?!? Yikes!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-05-2023, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right.

also, not sure why some people think that others are trying to convince them. or why others try to convince people who know way more than them. and then some seem to think that people hate one or the other person just because they state some facts or put things in the perspective. no reason to call anyone haters, whiners or whatever condescending terms.

some people know the facts, others actually have some backstage information, and simply share the information instead of the made up or misleading stuff. that's all.
I know the facts, it’s just not a big deal to me, that’s all. It’s not like people don’t ‘understand the true story’- most people don’t care that much about people they don’t know. One person said either him or me, so that person was fired. Happens all the time in life. Lindsey is just fine. Maybe I would have felt differently if he hadn’t gotten a $14 million dollar settlement or however much it was. I know people who have been fired that just got their last paycheck. If FM had fired Stevie instead, I wouldn’t have felt sorry for her, either. And if you’re not a FM hater, well, you come across that way in your posts.

I was also really annoyed when Lindsey wouldn’t let Christine record on Say You Will, but I bought the album, and I didn’t hate him. I could have, but I didn’t. He had a right to work how he wanted to, and if he didn’t want to let Chris record with them because she wouldn’t tour, that was his right.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nothing half-baked at all.

Stevie couldn’t work with Lindsey anymore in 2018 just like he couldn’t work with her in 1987.

“So, Stevie should have left” you say.

Let’s say Stevie said “That’s it. I quit. I can’t do this anymore. I can’t work with Lindsey. Send me postcards from the road.” What outcome other than Mick and Irving giving her a “there, there” and scrambling to keep her in the band by any means necessary do you think would have actually happened?
None of this is really relevant to the original comment that was made equating the 87 and 18 events as equals. The outcomes were entirely different.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
it was over 8 months before the start of the planned tour in 2018, which was not booked yet, when Stevie pulled her ultimatum. so there was no reason to scramble. plus you have speculated that they planned this since mid 2017..
no reason to scramble. they could have waited. why rush?

apparently Stevie was not really in any rush if she was willing to pull out. we know Lindsey was not, he wanted to tour solo first. John couldn't care less. Chris was not happy with their stunt. so who needed that tour and wanted to scramble so bad? Irving? Mick?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2023, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
None of this is really relevant to the original comment that was made equating the 87 and 18 events as equals. The outcomes were entirely different.
Not really. One person decided they couldn’t work with the other and the band carried on with new guitarists.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-05-2023, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which is way worse. Leaving the band less than eight weeks when there’s a fully booked tour behind a hit album?!? Yikes!
What’s worse is crapping all over the legacy of the band in the final few years of productivity, blocking the completion of an album with all 5 members, driving a major wedge between multiple members of the band, forcing major lineup decisions to be made without informing the rest of the band first (apparently Christine wasn’t informed until after the fact)
Old 01-05-2023, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey left FM right before a tour in 1987; Lindsey was fired from FM right before a tour in 2018. It’s not exactly the same situation, and I never said it was. I said they were very similar. Even during the 1987 tour, there was no guarantee FM was going to record another album together- it depended on how the band got along during the tour and audience and critical reaction, which fortunately went very well. Obviously the outcome was way different in 2018 because the tour was longer. I thought there was a chance Stevie would record with them since Lindsey was out of the picture. Once Covid struck, I knew it wasn’t going to happen. So yeah, the two incidents are very similar to me.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not really. One person decided they couldn’t work with the other and the band carried on with new guitarists.
And you’re conveniently leaving out the part where Lindsey was fired from the group in 2018 and was NOT fired in 1987.

Is this the part where you quote Mick and say “we don’t use words like that” LOL

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-05-2023 at 10:26 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsey left FM right before a tour in 1987; Lindsey was fired from FM right before a tour in 2018. It’s not exactly the same situation, and I never said it was. I said they were very similar. Even during the 1987 tour, there was no guarantee FM was going to record another album together- it depended on how the band got along during the tour and audience and critical reaction, which fortunately went very well. Obviously the outcome was way different in 2018 because the tour was longer. I thought there was a chance Stevie would record with them since Lindsey was out of the picture. Once Covid struck, I knew it wasn’t going to happen. So yeah, the two incidents are very similar to me.
Well apologies for the misunderstanding. To me being barred from the group vs not being barred from the group and walking away on my own accord are two drastically different situations. To each their own.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no reason to scramble. they could have waited. why rush?

apparently Stevie was not really in any rush if she was willing to pull out. we know Lindsey was not, he wanted to tour solo first. John couldn't care less. Chris was not happy with their stunt. so who needed that tour and wanted to scramble so bad? Irving? Mick?
And didn’t the FM tour wind up starting well past the 3 month delay Lindsey was asking for as a compromise? So the whole thing wound up a moot point.