The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Nico;958736]I'm not sure what this is exactly, but Lindsey's name is attached to it as well...so maybe those who live in the LA area can uncover more if they please: http://www.psartsantiques.com/hosts.html
I remember that Kristen/Lindsey participated in some other event donating money to PS Arts but can't remember what was it - maybe that handbag party at their house?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;958744]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm not sure what this is exactly, but Lindsey's name is attached to it as well...so maybe those who live in the LA area can uncover more if they please: http://www.psartsantiques.com/hosts.html
I remember that Kristen/Lindsey participated in some other event donating money to PS Arts but can't remember what was it - maybe that handbag party at their house?
I don't even remember as well. Someone has to know, but I think you may be right.

Also, is it weird that they're having a garden show at their house? They must have an extraordinarily large yard. Or am I just reading too much into that?

(Of course, my secret interest in any of this is just seeing new pics of Lindsey. I know, I know...)

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-03-2011, 04:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Nico;958750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I don't even remember as well. Someone has to know, but I think you may be right.

Also, is it weird that they're having a garden show at their house? They must have an extraordinarily large yard. Or am I just reading too much into that?

(Of course, my secret interest in any of this is just seeing new pics of Lindsey. I know, I know...)
Croquet anyone?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Nico;958750]
Quote:
Also, is it weird that they're having a garden show at their house? They must have an extraordinarily large yard.
i clicked around that garden open days page, if ticket prices are not outrageous (and not per garden but you can do multiple gardens in the same day - also i guess if the distance and traffic permits) it may be a nice day out actually, wondering around all these gardens. i wouldn't really expect any events in these gardens but just that they are open to the public that day:
http://www.gardenconservancy.org/ope...geles-open-day

edit: tickets do not seem to be much - http://www.gardenconservancy.org/opendays
(guess i gotta check whether there's something like that in my area, and take the kids...)
Old 04-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone been to Kristen's store? I"m heading to LA next weekend with a friend who is very interested in home design, so I thought it would be fitting to check it out. But, I'm really intimidated to just go there. I mean is it a place that you can walk in off the street or is it more of a by appointment only kind of place? I realize Kristen probably won't be there....which is fine, but still.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Has anyone been to Kristen's store? I"m heading to LA next weekend with a friend who is very interested in home design, so I thought it would be fitting to check it out. But, I'm really intimidated to just go there. I mean is it a place that you can walk in off the street or is it more of a by appointment only kind of place? I realize Kristen probably won't be there....which is fine, but still.
I don't know about Kristen's place, but you know Lindsey is doing that thing on April 29 right? Wouldn't want you to miss it if you're in town and able to go. http://2011expo.ascap.com/

Michele

Quote:
ASCAP "I Create Music" Expo for musicians and songwriters in Hollywood on April 29. His Q&A with pop singer Sara Bareilles will follow the presentation of the performing rights group's Golden Note Award for career achievement.

Last edited by michelej1; 04-23-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't know about Kristen's place, but you know Lindsey is doing that thing on April 29 right? Wouldn't want you to miss it if you're in town and able to go. http://2011expo.ascap.com/

Michele
I know!! If only it could be possible. Sadly my flight doesn't get in till sometime mid evening that night, so there really is no way that I can could swing it. It would have been amazing to be there to see Lindsey get honored, but I"ll have to leave the experience up to the left coast faithful. Which Michele, I hope includes you because like many others here, I really look forward to and thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the descriptive narratives you report back. You just always know what to say to make it seem like we were there right along with you. Glad you had an amazing time last night.

And who knows...maybe I'll find Kristen's store that following Monday and boom...Lindsey is dropping something off. How amazing would that be?!?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And who knows...maybe I'll find Kristen's store that following Monday and boom...Lindsey is dropping something off. How amazing would that be?!?
Yeah, that would be cool. If I were her I'd have him randomly drop things off at my store as frequently as possible, and then slip in a few hints on an FM/LB board that LB comes in when sales go up. Then link all the new collection and some dates/times he would be around. All in the name of business.

(I'm totally not serious.)
Old 04-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, that would be cool. If I were her I'd have him randomly drop things off at my store as frequently as possible, and then slip in a few hints on an FM/LB board that LB comes in when sales go up. Then link all the new collection and some dates/times he would be around. All in the name of business.

(I'm totally not serious.)
Haha! Yeah, we can suggest that Lindsey's next performance be live straight from her storefront...pears and all. Whole new take on performance art.

I wonder what Lindsey thinks of her newer found career and design flair. He seems like someone who would be content just hanging out on at home on a barcolounger, or better yet a padded folding chair. Both items that of course probably would never exist in a 100 yard radius of their high decor style home.

Anyway, I digress.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder what Lindsey thinks of her newer found career and design flair. He seems like someone who would be content just hanging out on at home on a barcolounger, or better yet a padded folding chair. Both items that of course probably would never exist in a 100 yard radius of their high decor style home.

Anyway, I digress.
We never really know what Lindsey thinks. He just never says anything...about anything. Like, I still want like a comment from him re: the CAH book but he is far too classy for that. He's just too classy for anything. He doesn't even kiss-and-tell and he was in the band of all bands where those kinds of stories would fascinate people to know end.

I think he SHOULD podcast from her store. And yeah the pears could sort of be strewn around for decor. As long as he doesn't slip on them or place himself in harm, I can handle the pears. I like pears.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Buckingham Garden

Description
As you walk beneath the canopy of Chinese elms and a beautiful old Chinese flame tree which anchors the motor court of this Wallace Neff-inspired house, it would appear that all this has been here for generations. Both house and gardens are, in fact, only five years old. Turn to your right and enter a delightful, tiny potager complete with espaliered 'Anna' apples, herbs, and seasonal vegetables. As you continue along the gravel path, you arrive at the "sitting room" replete with fireplace, pergola, and furniture made for relaxing. Some pieces having been designed by the owner, Kristen Buckingham. Coast live oaks grace the lawn's edge which leads to the pool and pool house, framed by eugenia hedges, Eureka lemons, and cassia trees. Continue past the dining pavilion and wander through the boxwood-lined cutting gardens filled with roses, Iceland poppies, and a magnificent collection of dahlias of every hue. Finally, the white garden filled with everything fragrant, Michelia champaca, datura, gardenias, and heliotropes completes the tour. This garden was designed by Acanthus Design and Sally Paul Design.

http://www.gardenconservancy.org/ope...kingham-garden
Old 05-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Buckingham Garden

Description
As you walk beneath the canopy of Chinese elms and a beautiful old Chinese flame tree which anchors the motor court of this Wallace Neff-inspired house, it would appear that all this has been here for generations. Both house and gardens are, in fact, only five years old. Turn to your right and enter a delightful, tiny potager complete with espaliered 'Anna' apples, herbs, and seasonal vegetables. As you continue along the gravel path, you arrive at the "sitting room" replete with fireplace, pergola, and furniture made for relaxing. Some pieces having been designed by the owner, Kristen Buckingham. Coast live oaks grace the lawn's edge which leads to the pool and pool house, framed by eugenia hedges, Eureka lemons, and cassia trees. Continue past the dining pavilion and wander through the boxwood-lined cutting gardens filled with roses, Iceland poppies, and a magnificent collection of dahlias of every hue. Finally, the white garden filled with everything fragrant, Michelia champaca, datura, gardenias, and heliotropes completes the tour. This garden was designed by Acanthus Design and Sally Paul Design.

http://www.gardenconservancy.org/ope...kingham-garden
McTrouble Garden

As you walk through the McTrouble garden, which takes all of 2 minutes, you pass by the postage-stamp sized lawn area half of which is brown and parched, the other half being adorned with weeds. Take a walk along the cracked path and you will come to a paved patio area which is moss infested and very slippery but which is decorated by some broken fence panels leaning up against the grubby picnic table. On to the small vegetable patch which is teeming with wildlife especially slugs and snails which have made nice patterns in the cabbages.

Am I extremely jealous of the Buckingham garden?..........
Old 05-08-2011, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart My Beautiful Gardens !!!

Well, now...we have a gorgeous garden!
Planted with varied Tulips...Spirea...Japanese Lilacs...Pink star flowers...Pink ground cover and
mosses with lovely statuary and comfortable lounge chairs to relax with canapes and drinks!
Their is an old red maple for shade and a picnic table for Yhatzee tournaments and a nice green yard for family Croquet! Yah all come !!! Cammie
Old 05-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The Bee Garden

A lot of the flowers are still to come through, yet. Though I think there is a pretty definitive colour theme lol.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele's Garden

Except for some small, dry, moldy looking lemons, I'm not sure what this garden has, but black rats really seem to like to poke around in it. So, watch your step. Also, donate money as you leave the gift shop, so I can pay the sprinkler bill.

Photobucket

Photobucket