User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2023, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Speaking of figuring things out, I seem to remember you fawning all over "new music" from the "new band". You'd expect such an expert to figure out by now that it was all bullsh*t.
Nice try, but if you go back, you’ll see that I said new music was possible, but I was never more than 50/50 that it would actually happen.

Ever.

I always had complete faith in Fleetwood Mac’s (Stevie’s) ability to screw up something like having Neil Finn and Mike Campbell in the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-18-2023, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see, i think he would. i think he would tour FM with only Stevie and Mick, and replace Christine, Lindsey and John.

so i'm not sure that i'm buying Chris and John putting the foot down would lead to no tour.

if the choice was Fakewood Mac or no Fleetwood Mac anymore, that choice should have been clear.

Stevie, Mick, Neil and Mike could have toured as a band under different name, not as Fleetwood Mac. of course, the money was in FM moniker, so that was not gonna happen.
It definitely wouldn't have shocked me if Azoff tried to do that - hobble some sort of tour with only Mick and Stevie and call it Fleetwood Mac. John probably wouldn't have given a darn, but I could see Christine & Lindsey filing a lawsuit and being very unhappy with Mick and Stevie.

The Eagles will be on the road until only one of them is left. After that it's a game of poker of who will have ownership of the name.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I forgot - does Mick/John own the rights/majority ownership to the name "Fleetwood Mac". Was that ever revealed in the lawsuit?
Old 01-18-2023, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I forgot - does Mick/John own the rights/majority ownership to the name "Fleetwood Mac". Was that ever revealed in the lawsuit?
don't think that was mentioned in the lawsuit.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2023, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually don't think it would have broken up Fleetwood Mac had Christine put her foot down.

Stevie would have been royally pissed, but everyone in the band would have been forced to calm the f*ck down and most likely wait a few months for the tour to start (which they wound up doing in the end, anyways) I try to give Christine grace, she was only a few years back into the band and probably felt unsure of how much weight she had in the equation. She had more than she realized.

What was Azoff going to do, find replacements for both Christine and Lindsey?
My guess is he would have booked a “Stevie Nicks featuring Mick Fleetwood” tour, likely adding a few other Fleetwood Mac songs (BMW, Oh Well, Don’t Stop, and maybe The Chain) to her set, if it had come to that.

Quote:
It's sad that Azoff played right into Stevie's tantrum and told her everything she wanted to hear
You spelled conspired wrong. I mean, it’s not like Lindsey didn’t take a massive shat on the festivals Irving invested tens of millions putting together.

Quote:
Mick and John own the trademark to the Fleetwood Mac name 50/50.

ETA: Do a trademark search on the US patent office site.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-18-2023 at 12:47 PM..
Old 01-18-2023, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Stevie, Mick, Neil and Mike could have toured as a band under different name, not as Fleetwood Mac. of course, the money was in FM moniker, so that was not gonna happen.
No need to tour under a different name- they were Fleetwood Mac. I totally understand you have a, um, strong love for Lindsey, but the simple fact is, it was Fleetwood Mac before Lindsey was ever in the band… it was Fleetwood Mac when Lindsey quit the band, it was Fleetwood Mac when Stevie and Rick quit the band, it was Fleetwood Mac when Bekka and Dave joined the band, it was Fleetwood Mac when they reunited for the Dance, it was Fleetwood Mac when Christine left and Mick, John, Lindsey, and Stevie toured, and it was Fleetwood Mac when Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, Mike, and Neil toured.

Putting Lindsey on a pedestal by saying Fleetwood Mac is not really Fleetwood Mac just because your favorite member didn’t tour with them is, well, devotion at its highest. I actually like it when you say that, because it completely undermines your credibility, to say that a band with Mick FLEETWOOD, John MCVie, Christine MCVie, and Stevie Nicks is not really Fleetwood Mac, all because Lindsey didn’t get to tour with them.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
No need to tour under a different name- they were Fleetwood Mac. I totally understand you have a, um, strong love for Lindsey, but the simple fact is, it was Fleetwood Mac before Lindsey was ever in the band… it was Fleetwood Mac when Lindsey quit the band, it was Fleetwood Mac when Stevie and Rick quit the band, it was Fleetwood Mac when Bekka and Dave joined the band, it was Fleetwood Mac when they reunited for the Dance, it was Fleetwood Mac when Christine left and Mick, John, Lindsey, and Stevie toured, and it was Fleetwood Mac when Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, Mike, and Neil toured.

Putting Lindsey on a pedestal by saying Fleetwood Mac is not really Fleetwood Mac just because your favorite member didn’t tour with them is, well, devotion at its highest. I actually like it when you say that, because it completely undermines your credibility, to say that a band with Mick FLEETWOOD, John MCVie, Christine MCVie, and Stevie Nicks is not really Fleetwood Mac, all because Lindsey didn’t get to tour with them.
To be fair, Elle was talking about if Christine and John had refused to tour without Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-18-2023, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You spelled conspired wrong. I mean, it’s not like Lindsey didn’t take a massive shat on the festivals Irving invested tens of millions putting together.

Mick and John own the trademark to the Fleetwood Mac name 50/50.

ETA: Do a trademark search on the US patent office site.
To be fair, nothing about what Lindsey said about the Classic shows was wrong. They are total cash grabs. He said the quiet part out loud. Not a smart business savvy thing to do - but it was the truth. And it surely didn’t do one thing to impact anyone’s ability to make money off the show. I doubt anyone saw those comments from LB and refused to go because of it.

Speaking of bad business sense…if I was Lindsey or Stevie, I would’ve demanded ownership or a stake in the FM entity as terms for returning in 1997. I believe it did come out in the lawsuit that there really was no entity or defined ownership structure in place. Basically, once they aren’t out on the road, the enterprise ceases to exist. Although, having an equal third of Eagles didn’t prevent Felder from getting fired either.
Old 01-18-2023, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Speaking of bad business sense…if I was Lindsey or Stevie, I would’ve demanded ownership or a stake in the FM entity as terms for returning in 1997.
That would have been a nonstarter. Not after what they went to get full ownership.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-18-2023, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Speaking of bad business sense…if I was Lindsey or Stevie, I would’ve demanded ownership or a stake in the FM entity as terms for returning in 1997. I believe it did come out in the lawsuit that there really was no entity or defined ownership structure in place. Basically, once they aren’t out on the road, the enterprise ceases to exist. Although, having an equal third of Eagles didn’t prevent Felder from getting fired either.
yes, it was spelled out in the lawsuit. i keep bringing that fact up when people say "current FM members."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2023, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No need to tour under a different name- they were Fleetwood Mac. I totally understand you .
bwboy, you obviously are reading into my (and some others') posts something you want to see there instead of what is actually written - or perhaps you are projecting on me something that some cultish FB group is telling you about fans who are not on board with the full SN worship. there is no reason for personally attacking people here. apparently there are closed fb groups for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
To be fair, Elle was talking about if Christine and John had refused to tour without Lindsey.
yep.

he even quoted the members i was talking about. maybe bwboy considers Chris and John to be insignificant FM members.

Old 01-18-2023, 01:59 PM

Quote:

I don't think that what Elle was saying.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Or, use a fairlight synthesizer for a tribute album !!
In the spirit of cycles.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It definitely wouldn't have shocked me if Azoff tried to do that - hobble some sort of tour with only Mick and Stevie and call it Fleetwood Mac. John probably wouldn't have given a darn, but I could see Christine & Lindsey filing a lawsuit and being very unhappy with Mick and Stevie.

The Eagles will be on the road until only one of them is left. After that it's a game of poker of who will have ownership of the name.
In which case, Irving would have become the new Clifford Davis! Seriously, I doubt that would have happened. Mick could be persuaded ($$$$) to your without Lindsey, but he’d never abandon John…not without the scorn of his peers.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The Eagles are done when Henley is done. They CAN'T go on without him. Anyone else is replaceable.