Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

Chris - I couldn't see the pic in that link you posted about the baby being her kid's. Is it working? Maybe it's my internet...
That's because it's gone. It looks like someone doesn't want this story on the internets. Here's a linky that still has some photos:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=108x133378
Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart View Post
I think he's made a masterful choice.

She looks a very strong character and an intelligent woman, and seems to have all the characteristics that might reassure even the most conservatives among the Republicans. Hats off to McCain for the smart move. Obviously I hope they'll lose.

Romy
Well now that she appears rather stupid and by extentsion McCain I was wondering if you still felt this way?It would also seem your and my hopes that they lose are bit more alive now.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well now that she appears rather stupid
Hehheh. Would I be correct to assume that you don't much like Gov. Palin?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
This reminds me of the conspiracy theories about Lindsey and Stevie being married, which were "proven" by pictures of Lindsey and Kristen looking unhappy, etc.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=David;770986]Hehheh. Would I be correct to assume that you don't much like Gov. Palin?[/QUO
I don't much like the notion of her being one malignant melonoma away from the Presidency. In fact just the thought of it is giving me a case of the dry heaves.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sheesh !just now on CNN McCain landed at Mpls -St. Paul intl. and the baby daddy was standing there next to McCain with the rest of the Palin clan..this is starting to look like a Jerry Springer episode ..I can see it now shotgun wedding in the Rose Garden ..maybe they can get Dick Cheney to hold the shotgun.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=BombaySapphire3;771003]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hehheh. Would I be correct to assume that you don't much like Gov. Palin?[/QUO
I don't much like the notion of her being one malignant melonoma away from the Presidency..
I love how the left keeps saying this.. what you don't understand is this makes us conservatives MORE likely to vote for McCain! It's not a bad thing at ALL
Old 09-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511 View Post
[

I love how the left keeps saying this.. what you don't understand is this makes us conservatives MORE likely to vote for McCain! It's not a bad thing at ALL
You now regret having voted for George W. Bush ..how does that old cliche go? Oh yeah "Those that cannot learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them."

Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You now regret having voted for George W. Bush ..how does that old cliche go? Oh yeah "Those that cannot learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them."
We'll I suppose we all can't be all seeing, all knowing.. you know, such as you.

I have to vote with my conscience and who I believe will better lead our nation, for me that is McCain/Palin.. without a doubt. And for you.. it's not.. which is fine. It just shows we have different views on how this country should be run.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511 View Post
We'll I suppose we all can't be all seeing, all knowing.. you know, such as you.
One did not really have to be prescient to see W's train wreck of a Presidency coming .You bought into and now I thought you had made some progress in understanding the mistake you had made.I just don't understand why you would slip back into that mindset so easily .However in all my history of trying to convince people to vote in their own best interests I have only managed to sway one vote that I know of and that was from Reagan to Mondale in 1984 and alot of good that did.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 09-03-2008 at 01:07 PM..
Old 09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One did not really have to be prescient to see W's train wreck of a Presidency coming .You bought into and now I thought you had made some progress in understanding the mistake you had made.I just don't understand why you would slip back into that mindset so easily .
I don't feel I'm slipping back into any mindset. And just to let you know the reason I saw the mistake in voting for Bush was not due to ANYONE convincing me (no one can do that!!! ) It was just a matter of growing up! I was 19 at the time.. what did I know? He did more to hurt the conservative movement than promote it!

However with McCain I'm more confident about the decision I'm making.. no regrets!

Quote:
However in all my history of trying to convince people to vote in their own best interests I have only managed to sway one vote that I know of and the was from Reagan to Mondale in 1984 and alot of good that did.
This is why I never try to convince anyone. It never does anyone anygood.. People have their own mindset and belief system. Thank GOD we live in a country that allows us all to differ in that respect.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If there is dirt to be found, these guys will find it:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/sara...elebrity/65370

PALIN WAR: TEEN PREGO CRISIS

Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin attempted to quietly have her daughter Bristol get married before news of her pregnancy leaked out, the NATIONAL ENQUIRER is reporting exclusively in its new issue.

Palin planned for the wedding to take place right after the Republican National Convention and then she was going to announce the pregnancy.

But Bristol, 17, refused to go along with the plan and that sparked a mother-daughter showdown over the failed coverup.

The ultra-conservative governor’s announcement about her daughter’s pregnancy came hours after The ENQUIRER informed her representatives and family members of Levi Johnston, the father of Bristol’s child, that we were aware of the pregnancy and were going to break the news.

In a preemptive strike Palin released the news, creating political shockwaves.

The ENQUIRER has also learned that Palin’s family is embroiled in a vicious war that is now exposing her darkest secrets, threatening to destroy her political career.

Palin’s ongoing war with her ex brother-in-law Mike Wooten, a state trooper, has caused multiple sources to come forward with shocking allegations about the governor.

Details of those allegations, the family feud, and Palin’s attempt to cover up her teen daughter’s pregnancy are in the new issue of The ENQUIRER.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I have to say this whackadoodle of a woman is certainly good for alot of Jerry Springer style entertainment value ..however if she does by a terrible happenstance ever end up in the White House I will cease to find anything about it funny in the least.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big deal, her daughter got knocked up...Not really earth shattering news to me.

Maybe they will pray to Jesus to forgive 'em and ALL will BE well In the WORLD - ya know, the way most relig-a-tards do when they make a mistake - Pray.

I prefer ACCEPTING responsibility for ones actions , not praying to deflect that responsibility. I read "the Satanic Bible" years ago, and the accepting of responsibility for ones actions make a person more true to themselves instead of asking for forgiveness to a 'higher power' to "pass the buck".

Brian "Randal Graves/Dante Hicks in 2008" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh there are a couple of "conservatives " on here that might have posted it if the party was reversed though one was recently banned for making truly vile homophobic remarks in this thread.But of course you are right in general and that is politics..the Republicans with their often homophobic legislation ,bible thumping and in Palin's case preposterous notions of sex education just set themselves up though when the scandal is in their own house.And BTW I believe it was a Dem that posted the John Edwards scandal on here.
Just wanted to clarify that at this time, no one has been banned. A temporary suspension has been put in place. Thanks!