User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
The most compelling one he got right, however: Lindsey's health is not dependable enough for him to commit to a single advance-specified concert date, much less to a FM tour.
Unfortunately, I agree. I hope things turn around for him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-09-2023, 02:34 PM

There were a lot of things I didn't agree with on that one. But, a tribute nonetheless.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-09-2023 at 04:07 PM..
Old 01-09-2023, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will Fleetwood Mac reform with some other people and carry on? We still have these conversations? Thirty-plus years ago, it seemed a good conversation to have. But in 2023, when the survivors are in their late 70s and can barely sing or play anymore? What do people think is going to happen — the band hires someone or other and goes out again? Are people so desperate for corporate entertainment from these superannuated rockers? Stay home, order in some tikka masala, and watch your 4k UHD TV.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-10-2023, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Will Fleetwood Mac reform with some other people and carry on? We still have these conversations? Thirty-plus years ago, it seemed a good conversation to have. But in 2023, when the survivors are in their late 70s and can barely sing or play anymore? What do people think is going to happen — the band hires someone or other and goes out again? Are people so desperate for corporate entertainment from these superannuated rockers? Stay home, order in some tikka masala, and watch your 4k UHD TV.
Time for that Sheryl Crow idea to finally come to fruition. Without mean ass Lindsey there to say “hell no” it could be Stevie, Sheryl, Mike, Mick, and the cardboard cutout of John from the Tusk video. That setlist would be fire!

The Chain/Dreams/All I Wanna Do/Oh Well/Rhiannon/Soak Up the Sun/Gypsy/Silver Girl/Landslide/Leather and Lace/If it Makes You Happy/Gold Dust Woman/Go Your Own Way (complete with pictures of Lindsey looking sad up on the screens and Stevie finally rewriting the second verse to something more palatable)/World Turning (ain’t ever getting rid of Mick’s moment)/Don’t Stop/Green Manalishi (everyone tries a wail!)/Picture
Old 01-10-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Time for that Sheryl Crow idea to finally come to fruition. Without mean ass Lindsey there to say “hell no” it could be Stevie, Sheryl, Mike, Mick, and the cardboard cutout of John from the Tusk video. That setlist would be fire!

The Chain/Dreams/All I Wanna Do/Oh Well/Rhiannon/Soak Up the Sun/Gypsy/Silver Girl/Landslide/Leather and Lace/If it Makes You Happy/Gold Dust Woman/Go Your Own Way (complete with pictures of Lindsey looking sad up on the screens and Stevie finally rewriting the second verse to something more palatable)/World Turning (ain’t ever getting rid of Mick’s moment)/Don’t Stop/Green Manalishi (everyone tries a wail!)/Picture
I just vomited.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I just vomited.
And I forgot the damn Tom Petty cover/tribute!!!!! Factor in Free Fallin’ kiddos!
Old 01-10-2023, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
And I forgot the damn Tom Petty cover/tribute!!!!! Factor in Free Fallin’ kiddos!
Dry heaves!!
Old 01-10-2023, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we think Mick might organize some kind of tribute concert like the Foo Fighters did for Taylor Hawkins? Hypothetically, if that were to happen, it would be upsetting if Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey were not all involved. Like as the final act, those four play Don’t Stop.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Hypothetically, if that were to happen, it would be upsetting if Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey were not all involved.
I agree 50%. I mean, theorically Christine's band should be involved. But watching Lindsey & Stevie together on stage... Yeah I know forgiveness is part of many people ideology, and that's fine. But a lot of blood has flowed down the river. However, if Gilmour and Waters played again together (and I know that fight was huge and tough too), for special occasions, everything is possible.

If I would enjoy watching those two (L&S) again together, that's another story. I guess not.
Old 01-10-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Do we think Mick might organize some kind of tribute concert like the Foo Fighters did for Taylor Hawkins? Hypothetically, if that were to happen, it would be upsetting if Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey were not all involved. Like as the final act, those four play Don’t Stop.
according to TMZ, there was some kind of tribute to Chris in Malibu that "Fleetwood Mac members Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks" attended.

https://amp.tmz.com/2023/01/10/chris...YTH8h7Y2mr8JcU

i started the separate thread on this, btw.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 01-10-2023 at 01:10 PM..
Old 01-10-2023, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
but some of the takes were unnecessary.
Eh...we're all entitled to our opinion. Folks could say the same about yours.
Old 01-10-2023, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LiNdSeY iS wHy ThEy PlAy ArEnAs…So much wrong with that sentiment. He played his part, but his musical vocabulary couldn’t, and hasn’t, achieved that the same results without the others.
Yeah...parts that Mike Campbell couldn't come within ten feet of mastering, 40+ shows into a tour.

Mike is an incredible guitarist, it's just proof that there is a certain uniqueness to Lindsey's musical vocabulary that has never been successfully replicated by anyone who FM has chosen to put in his place.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Eh...we're all entitled to our opinion. Folks could say the same about yours.
I wouldn’t use something billed as a tribute, a memorandum on the life of someone, to drag up band politics and devolve into character assassinations.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-10-2023, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wouldn’t use something billed as a tribute, a memorandum on the life of someone, to drag up band politics and devolve into character assassinations.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Yeah...parts that Mike Campbell couldn't come within ten feet of mastering, 40+ shows into a tour.
Hell, Waddy Wachtel has been butchering them for over 40 years.

Mike’s a legendary guitarist with his own signature sound. Lindsey’s very basic leads don’t leave a lot of room for someone like Mike to inject their own style into the songs. That’s what players like Rick Vito are for.

Quote:
Mike is an incredible guitarist, it's just proof that there is a certain uniqueness to Lindsey's musical vocabulary that has never been successfully replicated by anyone who FM has chosen to put in his place.
Well, if we want to talk musical vocabularies, go back to the Buckingham Nicks live versions of “Rhiannon” and compare it to any live version done months later. John basically plays a shuffle line, Christine plays riffs that harkened back to Christine Perfect (“No Road is the Right Road” comes to mind), and they created an eerie mood that is at times reminiscent of the Bob Welch years. None of that came from Lindsey.

And, while it would be easy to say that was just one song, that was the foundation for much of what became Fleetwood Mac’s public image.

Now, compare any 1972 version of “Spare Me A Little” to any 1975 version.

THE Stephen Hopkins