Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick is really Unleashed now!
Another new interview with Mick that might ruffle feathers:
https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/m...fleetwood-mac/
Rock Cellar: I’ve got to ask, do you have any idea what your 2021, or even ’22, will look like?

Mick Fleetwood: Truthfully, I have no idea. None. And then you could go, “Well, what’s your pipe dream?” My pipe dream is at some point, I think we sort of have to say goodbye. And I have huge deference to the band that we now are, but I have total deference to Lindsey, and I think, “Wouldn’t it be great if some mutant fantastic stadium shows or something actually does that?”

Rock Cellar: A Fleetwood Mac super group, with Mike and Lindsey? Holy ****!

Mick Fleetwood: Well, we’re back in the pipe dream now. But in my own world, I know that I want to play. I will play. That’s who I am.

Rock Cellar: Well, that’s some kind of goal. [Laughter.]

Mick Fleetwood: Well, I’m really hoping that the thing built around Peter’s legacy can go out on the road. I can go on record that that’s my full intention. And from history, never say never is all there is to say about Fleetwood Mac. I’ll be there doing that, being the weasel in the background attempting to do something versus nothing. And the rest is really just how everyone would feel and whether it would even be possible. I don’t know.

One thing’s for sure, all the components are active. Lindsey’s active; Stevie by now would have done one of her lovely tours, though that never happened; Mike is always doing stuff, for sure. And Neil Finn is just beyond one of my dearest, dearest friends. And I’m hugely respectful of who he is and his talent, and how both Mike and he stepped in, because it was either stop or find something really spectacular that honored our funny trip.

Rock Cellar: And an unenviable task, to step into that the way they did.

Mick Fleetwood: Unbelievable.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
So, yeah, Alec Baldwin LOVES Christine’s voice and speaks of her the way he speaks of no other FM member during the interview.

And I totally dug Mick’s dyslexia story and his memory of playing leather footstools in Norway.
Did you find the Moderator posting on Indeed?
Old 01-31-2021, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Mick is really Unleashed now!
Another new interview with Mick that might ruffle feathers:
https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/m...fleetwood-mac/
Rock Cellar: I’ve got to ask, do you have any idea what your 2021, or even ’22, will look like?

Mick Fleetwood: Truthfully, I have no idea. None. And then you could go, “Well, what’s your pipe dream?” My pipe dream is at some point, I think we sort of have to say goodbye. And I have huge deference to the band that we now are, but I have total deference to Lindsey, and I think, “Wouldn’t it be great if some mutant fantastic stadium shows or something actually does that?”

Rock Cellar: A Fleetwood Mac super group, with Mike and Lindsey? Holy ****!

Mick Fleetwood: Well, we’re back in the pipe dream now. But in my own world, I know that I want to play. I will play. That’s who I am.

Rock Cellar: Well, that’s some kind of goal. [Laughter.]

Mick Fleetwood: Well, I’m really hoping that the thing built around Peter’s legacy can go out on the road. I can go on record that that’s my full intention. And from history, never say never is all there is to say about Fleetwood Mac. I’ll be there doing that, being the weasel in the background attempting to do something versus nothing. And the rest is really just how everyone would feel and whether it would even be possible. I don’t know.

One thing’s for sure, all the components are active. Lindsey’s active; Stevie by now would have done one of her lovely tours, though that never happened; Mike is always doing stuff, for sure. And Neil Finn is just beyond one of my dearest, dearest friends. And I’m hugely respectful of who he is and his talent, and how both Mike and he stepped in, because it was either stop or find something really spectacular that honored our funny trip.

Rock Cellar: And an unenviable task, to step into that the way they did.

Mick Fleetwood: Unbelievable.
where are those vomit emojis when one needs them.

i'm gonna wait for Homer to spit all over this one. and i will have no respect for Lindsey anymore if he ever agrees to this nauseating chimeric horribleness. if you want to thoroughly sh*t all over FM legacy, that will certainly do it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-01-2021, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i'm gonna wait for Homer to spit all over this one. and i will have no respect for Lindsey anymore if he ever agrees to this nauseating chimeric horribleness. if you want to thoroughly sh*t all over FM legacy, that will certainly do it.
What is there to be said that hasn't already? Mick wants it, but of course, because he's just a stupid, greedy douchebag.

DOES Lindsey want it, too? Well, things are sort of looking that way. I pray that he doesn't. The legacy will be f*cked(more than it already is). He will be forever emasculated, his penis tucked into his crack, now merely a drone to the queen. He was always my hero in FM, and this will be the final nail in the coffin, of the band of my entire life. He'll have gone from being the musical leader, to just a player in $tevie's band.
DON'T DO IT, LINDSEY!!!!
Old 02-01-2021, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Big.Bag. Of. Money.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2021, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Big.Bag. Of. Money.
What TF happened to the guy that made Tusk? All idealistic, and not caring about making another Rumours. What TF happened to him?
Old 02-01-2021, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What is there to be said that hasn't already? Mick wants it, but of course, because he's just a stupid, greedy douchebag.

DOES Lindsey want it, too? Well, things are sort of looking that way. I pray that he doesn't. The legacy will be f*cked(more than it already is). He will be forever emasculated, his penis tucked into his crack, now merely a drone to the queen. He was always my hero in FM, and this will be the final nail in the coffin, of the band of my entire life. He'll have gone from being the musical leader, to just a player in $tevie's band.
DON'T DO IT, LINDSEY!!!!
'nuff said.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What TF happened to the guy that made Tusk? All idealistic, and not caring about making another Rumours. What TF happened to him?
Well, just throwing this out there, but it probably caught his attention when the guarantees were off by one or two zeros from what he’s used to.

Sure, he could be the total artist for a fraction of the price, or he could suck it up and be “the guy” in the band he shaped and is remembered for. Either way, he’s playing for over an hour and a half. Might as well do what’s best for the portfolio, right?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2021, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, just throwing this out there, but it probably caught his attention when the guarantees were off by one or two zeros from what he’s used to.

Sure, he could be the total artist for a fraction of the price, or he could suck it up and be “the guy” in the band he shaped and is remembered for. Either way, he’s playing for over an hour and a half. Might as well do what’s best for the portfolio, right?
I will throw this into "why children ruin everything" folder.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
my stance is that Lindsey's name as a guitar legend has resurfaced in all his glory last year thanks to The Killers
Please. Lindsey’s legacy being enhanced by working with The Killers is even less true than Stevie’s was by working with Kenny Loggins or Destiny’s Child.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2021, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please. Lindsey’s legacy being enhanced by working with The Killers is even less true than Stevie’s was by working with Kenny Loggins or Destiny’s Child.

Over here in the UK, after the first week, and even not then sometimes..it was never announced (on the Radio) that Lindsey Buckingham was playing on Caution.
So listeners may have liked the guitar work at the end of Caution, but never knew who it was....
I used to shout at the Radio....”with Lindsey Buckingham” it used to annoy me so much.. “don’t forget, Lindsey Buckingham”....
May have been different in the USA.
FMac fans may have known, but not your ordinary punter..
Old 02-01-2021, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

If you go back to the threads when Lindsey was fired a few years ago. Many predicted this. Its not a shocker Mick's revisionist history. Its no surprise Mick wants to play with Lindsey again. It will not be a surprise that Lindsey joins again to tour again.

Its all way too predictable
Old 02-01-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
completely agree with everyone saying that BN versions of the same songs were much more raw (and now in a good way!) and unfinished. that includes not just instrumentation and arrangements but also harmonies. Crystal and Rhiannon are clear examples, while the song that stayed unchanged was Landslide.

i know most people here hold BN album in high regard, as do both Lindsey and Stevie, but for me a lot of their songs and harmonies contained unlistenable screeching and holes in instrumentation before their joining to FM.
Crystal is my least favorite song on B/N. It's my favorite song on FM White album. And I adore the B/N album.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Over here in the UK, after the first week, and even not then sometimes..it was never announced (on the Radio) that Lindsey Buckingham was playing on Caution.
So listeners may have liked the guitar work at the end of Caution, but never knew who it was....
I used to shout at the Radio....”with Lindsey Buckingham” it used to annoy me so much.. “don’t forget, Lindsey Buckingham”....
May have been different in the USA.
FMac fans may have known, but not your ordinary punter..
In the U.S.A., I listen to Spectrum channel on SiriusXM satellite radio and they mentioned Caution which features Lindsey Buckingham every time I've heard it.

I do think it's more of a big deal to have a guitar solo on a new Killers song than vocals on a LeAnn Rimes track.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What do you think a pipe dream mutant stadium show would be like?

They open with The Chain, Little Lies, and Dreams with Neil and Mike, then Stevie leaves the stage/Mick puts on his head microphone and introduces band member from 75-2018, Lindsey Buckingham: He does Second Hand News, Monday Morning, Big Love, So Afraid, and Go Your Own Way then returns to his dressing room or gets on a bus to go to the next city?

Or does he stay on stage for the whole show?