Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Of course, yes. Whenever I listen to "Giving it Back" I think of what a perfect Fleetwood Mac song it would have made, how it is actually closer to the classic Fleetwood Mac sound than anything in Say You Will.

But then there's "Forgiveness" which is so perfect as it is that I wouldn't have wanted her to share it or alter it on a Mac record...
Yeah, tunes like Bad Journey, and Forgiveness are like her pure solo style.. I love the solo too.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know what the touring debacle you are talking about, but i definitely think that whoever goes to Mick's m&gs next should ask / tell him to push merging Christine's work with the album the boys have been working on.

we could have that all melodic soft pop Mac album out in no time and move on, if they'd just be reasonable!
But do you really think Lindsey wants to write and record a bunch of melodic pop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Thank you for posting this. It was the first time I'd ever heard Chris talking about listening to the BN album. I've heard Stevie's story a million and one times about buying all the FM albums with her last $111.00 and listening to them from back to front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine, did you listen to Buckingham Nicks front to back and back to front??I demand an answer.
Michele
LOL. They gave Chris their music but L&S had to buy FMac's.

Quote:
Here's the link from a while ago.
https://audioboo.fm/boos/1654613-tra...y-11th-octoberThis confirms a few of my hunches:
1. She was going crazy (in a way).
2. She's seeing (or saw) a shrink.
Also, she used that "plaigarizing myself" thing she used in the ITM interviews. Also, 8 songs is a pretty good number, even if they were not complete songs. Future looks bright on the Christine end of things.
And she said she feels 20/30 years old, and it clearly shows.
If one listens again to this interview she doesn't say anything about making these songs for a solo album. The interviewer suggests this but I get the feeling these songs are for Fleetwood Mac, and she won't say so because that news is being held for another day and the right moment.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
But do you really think Lindsey wants to write and record a bunch of melodic pop?
yes. that''s what he's been saying for the last year, that he's written bunch of fleetwood mac-y melodic tunes, and that's how 2 of his 3 songs on EP sound.

Christine seems to be saying the same thing - she's going back to her 70s pop sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
If one listens again to this interview she doesn't say anything about making these songs for a solo album. The interviewer suggests this but I get the feeling these songs are for Fleetwood Mac, and she won't say so because that news is being held for another day and the right moment.
yes, that's what i was thinking too, but i was not sure whether i missed a part where she said something about solo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She did say the songs could be for a solo record.maybe she's writing songs for both FM and but that's just me in dreamland. Though I think the original intention was a solo record.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She did say the songs could be for a solo record.maybe she's writing songs for both FM and but that's just me in dreamland. Though I think the original intention was a solo record.
yeah but that was after the leading question from the interviewer. so if she didn't say anywhere else that she's preparing solo record, maybe she's just weighing her options...

she did say she's writing poppy 70s songs with nice harmonies...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah but that was after the leading question from the interviewer. so if she didn't say anywhere else that she's preparing solo record, maybe she's just weighing her options...

she did say she's writing poppy 70s songs with nice harmonies...
But she's been writing as far back as June this year, maybe even earlier. Unless rejoining the band was already in her mind back then.

It does sounds like she's weighing her options right now, but whatever the case we're getting new music from her so it's a win-win situation.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But she's been writing as far back as June this year, maybe even earlier. Unless rejoining the band was already in her mind back then.

It does sounds like she's weighing her options right now, but whatever the case we're getting new music from her so it's a win-win situation.
she rehearsed with them in March. i'm sure they talked.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:10 PM

She never said the words "solo album". I agree with Elle here.. and/or Viv.. maybe things are in the works.. or Mick is planning something.. (could mean anything)

Really, could be that she writes some tunes and nobody wants to publish them.. But if she agrees to tour that changes everything.

Nevertheless, this is amazing news. Just to hear Christine's voice is like visiting an old friend that you'd never thought you'd see again.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-12-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds like she's open to some touring again (if she wasn't she would've said "no" outright), but we don't know to what extent, or if she's open to doing so with FM. All this gives me a tingle though. I'm ready for whatever Chris has to offer.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:02 PM

Well she said she hates living out of a suitcase. And I get that.. I've travelled a lot for a job once..

But girl..... you have so much money.. puh lease... you have your own trunk.. plane, best hotels.. if you feel 30 years old again.. then stop whining about your, "oh so hard job", of performing for thousands of people who scream your name because they love your art, style and music so much...

I'd haul your trunks and clothes for you. You could order an outfit on the computer.. and I'd have it to you with a stylist in 20 min.. And with your money... they can make you look 30 yrs old again...

So let's not get crazy Christine about how hard the job of touring again would be..

there.. I feel better...
Old 10-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well she said she hates living out of a suitcase. And I get that.. I've travelled a lot for a job once..

But girl..... you have so much money.. puh lease... you have your own trunk.. plane, best hotels.. if you feel 30 years old again.. then stop whining about your, "oh so hard job", of performing for thousands of people who scream your name because they love your art, style and music so much...

I'd haul your trunks and clothes for you. You could order an outfit on the computer.. and I'd have it to you with a stylist in 20 min.. And with your money... they can make you look 30 yrs old again...

So let's not get crazy Christine about how hard the job of touring again would be..

there.. I feel better...
Shall we volunteer our services? Let's wear stupid shirts as uniforms.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Of course, yes. Whenever I listen to "Giving it Back" I think of what a perfect Fleetwood Mac song it would have made
Well, Billy Burnette had his hand in it...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She never said the words "solo album". I agree with Elle here.. and/or Viv.. maybe things are in the works.. or Mick is planning something.. (could mean anything)

Mick is always planning something. It's not like he didn't make something bigger happen when he helped on Lindsey's original GOS album.

Michele
Old 10-13-2013, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes. that''s what he's been saying for the last year, that he's written bunch of fleetwood mac-y melodic tunes, and that's how 2 of his 3 songs on EP sound.
If Christine is doing the melodic, then Lindsey won't have to. He can do more esoteric stuff and her hooky stuff would counter.

Michele
Old 10-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick is always planning something. It's not like he didn't make something bigger happen when he helped on Lindsey's original GOS album.
I've got a feeling we're gonna get some sort of déjà vu with a little bit of plot twist. But they can also surprise me.

Quote:
If Christine is doing the melodic, then Lindsey won't have to. He can do more esoteric stuff and her hooky stuff would counter.
He'll thank her for that, I'm sure.