User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm about to dump my entire LP collection in preparation for a cross country move. I'll probably regret that down the road... but oh well.
That's my precious now! I assume you'll have no hang-ups about it being thrown into the cargo hold of a plane and tossed into the back of a van to get it delivered to me here in Australia?
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 04-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted_Song View Post
I have this poster, too - but haven't had it framed yet. Seeing how gorgeous it looked on your wall, I will have to do that one of these days! I'm so sorry you had to part with it, but I have seen it on eBay from time to time...maybe you'll find another one! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Yeah Louie, I paid a decent price for it... but I sold it for $300. The framing was done in plexiglass so it was surprisingly light in weight, despite it's size. I think the framing cost me about $135 in Florida.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
That's my precious now! I assume you'll have no hang-ups about it being thrown into the cargo hold of a plane and tossed into the back of a van to get it delivered to me here in Australia?
I'll make you one hell of a deal if you want all my LPs! I'm tired of dragging them around in all these moves LOL.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

I saw a nice vinyl copy of Penguin on Monday, was only £6 but I thought better of it. But in time I’ll regret that as would like a copy for my collection. Same goes for Heroes Are Hard To Find of which I’ve only ever seen one vinyl copy and decided against it.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted_Song View Post
This is a great topic! I am still kicking myself for not bidding higher on an eBay auction for this poster about 10 years ago. I know it's really rare and I've never seen another one.

I took that photo and obviously I have the poster!! I saw it in a fanzine and decided I had to have it. I looked EVERYWHERE for it. I told anyone who would listen how much I wanted it. Then a member of Enchanted found the poster in a shop in Colorado. She then asked me if I wanted her to pick it up for me and ship across the country to me! I was stunned. That poster is sort of the holy grail of Stevie posters only because there were so few printed up. It's for a one off City Of Hope she did in 1983. You can't see it in the photo but the bottom gives the details about the show. One of the things I love about the poster is the ribbons are blowing on the fan, but the fan isn't even plugged in!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Back when Barbara Nicks was still running ‘Silver Spring Emporium’ (not the current incarnation which seems to only have leftover stock), she had a lot of cool signed items.

I did buy a signed ‘Street Angel’ shirt, but wish I bought more. She was selling a signed ‘Time Space’ CD for a ‘measly’ $40. I so wish I bought that.

I like Stevie's custom made Wild Heart tour jewelry that pops up once in a blue moon on ebay though I can't afford it. I do already have a WH tour ring, but I'd like to get my mitts on one of the necklaces or brooches.

Oh, I do regret selling a Timespace promo hourglass I once had.

It was honestly, cheaply made - exactly something you can buy in a kitchen supplies store (to time your egg cooking). It was customised with a sticker saying 'Stevie Nicks - Time Space' on top.

I sold on ebay for about $100+. The buyer was 'Wynnco' of all people - (I'm sure some of you here know about them).

Nowadays, I wish I kept the hourglass - it was very rare.

Last edited by greendaze5; 04-14-2010 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Simon View Post
I saw a nice vinyl copy of Penguin on Monday, was only £6 but I thought better of it. But in time I’ll regret that as would like a copy for my collection. Same goes for Heroes Are Hard To Find of which I’ve only ever seen one vinyl copy and decided against it.
Now I'm glad I got my copy of Heroes for three bucks.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Now I'm glad I got my copy of Heroes for three bucks.
I have two vinyl copies and they were both $10.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Over the years of buying Fleetwood Mac related items, there have been times I had to make some difficult choices over what to buy and what I had to leave. I was wondering about everyone else's experiences. Anything you regret not buying? Anytime you had to make a difficult choice as to what to buy, and if so, how did you decide what to buy? Anything you regret buying? I guess the hardest decisions I had to make was when I was at this great record store in Portland, OR in 1989. They had all of the Warner Bros. vinyl, from 1970 on (only had Heroes on CD though) and I had to decide what to get with limited money. I ended up with Then Play On and Kiln House. I wish I had bought the Penguin cassette they had.
Which store? Music Millenuim? Everyday Music? Portland still has some great record stores. I'm in a little town in Mass. right now. The only "record" store is Best Buy. So pathetic!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Which store? Music Millenuim? Everyday Music? Portland still has some great record stores. I'm in a little town in Mass. right now. The only "record" store is Best Buy. So pathetic!
This was in Portland, Oregon and the name of the store was ??. I really don't remember the name, except that it was a guy's name or a last name(Brucie's?) This was 20 years ago and I guess I'm getting forgetful
Old 04-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I happened to find this one in the "rummage" bin at Tower Records, and it quickly became my prized possession (I was just a kid; give me a break!):

It was at least 20" x 30" and printed on this matte/textured parchment kind of paper- it definitely looked like a pastel drawing. It was on my bedroom wall for many, many years... But lo and behold, when my family moved while I was in college, my grandmother conveniently discarded it- after all it was "just paper." Ugh! As you can see, no one in my family knows the meaning of the word "sentimental." If I still had it today, I would have had it framed- it was incredibly well done.

BTW, she also conveniently tossed out my ticket stub signed by Bruce Springsteen on the Born in the USA tour while he was walking around outside of the Capitol Centre before the show. It was just more "junk," to toss out, I guess.

Last edited by HejiraNYC; 04-15-2010 at 10:18 AM..
Old 04-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I happened to find this one in the "rummage" bin at Tower Records, and it quickly became my prized possession (I was just a kid; give me a break!):

It was at least 20" x 30" and printed on this matte/textured parchment kind of paper- it definitely looked like a pastel drawing. It was on my bedroom wall for many, many years... But lo and behold, when my family moved while I was in college, my grandmother conveniently discarded it- after all it was "just paper." Ugh! As you can see, no one in my family knows the meaning of the word "sentimental." If I still had it today, I would have had it framed- it was incredibly well done.

BTW, she also conveniently tossed out my ticket stub signed by Bruce Springsteen on the Born in the USA tour while he was walking around outside of the Capitol Centre before the show. It was just more "junk," to toss out, I guess.
That's actually a poster promoting The Wild Heart.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yep, i have a framed one over my desk, i still love it after all these years~ stevie looks like a fairy princess to me in it~
Old 04-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I know... didn't cost me a penny.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
My mother did the same thing to me, the minute I left for college. She dumped everything in my room that I hadn't taken with me to the dorm, even though she'd been watching me collect it for years. I asked her why and she said if it was important, I would have taken it with me. How so when my dorm room space was the size of a postage stamp?!

This is the same woman who gave all my barbies to the next door neighbor when I was 12 without so much as asking me, because I didn't play with them anymore.

Michele