The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

I wonder if there's internets on the other side, and if so, will we spend all our time posting to one another like we do here? And will it be easier to meet Stevie or will she be surrounded by spirit bodyguards? And will we all get front row for her concerts on the other side or will we be on Spiritworldticketmaster.com all the time?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
I wonder if there's internets on the other side, and if so, will we spend all our time posting to one another like we do here? And will it be easier to meet Stevie or will she be surrounded by spirit bodyguards? And will we all get front row for her concerts on the other side or will we be on Spiritworldticketmaster.com all the time?
Hopefully, spiritworldticketmaster.com won't charge twice the ticket price for "surcharges"....
Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't play the piano anymore, because every time I do, my grandparents come back to watch me. They go lots of places with me, but it's very rare that I can almost "see" them. I don't care to elaborate, because I don't want to be called a nut.

It's not that it creeps me out.. the emotion is just so overwhelming and my very soul has been so crippled over the last couple of years that I don't care to have any more nervous breakdowns.

I don't believe in haunted places, I believe in haunted people. And I'm one of em. I feel like my grandma & grandpa follow me wherever I go and put a conscience in my head (i don't normally have one), and then there are a few random others I don't even recognize that just drop by from time to time and talk to me. Daily life can be very strange. Sometimes I don't even feel like I'm living for myself anymore... like I'm just a body for something else to use while it checks out the world and contemplates the very idea of living. That's the best I can explain it. I'm a visual-spatial thinker anyway, so even beginning to put my thoughts into words is difficult enough as-is, much less on a topic such as this.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It better be free wifi, cuz I ain't payin' for **** after I die. That is for damn sure.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I don't believe in haunted places, I believe in haunted people.
That is interesting because I have another friend who thinks the exact same thing. I'd never heard anyone else with this belief...so now you make two! She's got amazing stories though, that really lend to that as I've never been "visited" for lack of a better term. But then there are folks who have all sorts of experiences.

Though, I still believe there are also places that are haunted too
Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if the fact that many on this board seem to be more "attund" might be what drew us to Mac/Stevie music and thus to here? The Music (And Stevie herself said she likes ghosty things - well not exact words) has a certain "edge" (no pun intended) to it? Just wondering.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course there will be no spiritworldticketmaster.com...that's reserved for Hell!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

What if she reincarnates before you get there?

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
That is interesting because I have another friend who thinks the exact same thing. I'd never heard anyone else with this belief...so now you make two! She's got amazing stories though, that really lend to that as I've never been "visited" for lack of a better term. But then there are folks who have all sorts of experiences.

Though, I still believe there are also places that are haunted too
Eh, I guess it's unfair for me to say that I don't believe in haunted places. I don't really KNOW, y'know? But it's kinda like.. some people go in a place that's haunted and they see and hear it all and come out believing. Others go in and there's nothing.

Some people living on this earth can hardly feel their own soul. How would they even begin to feel someone else's - especially if that someone else was in a different dimension? I guess I kinda feel like you're either touched or you aren't - they will or will not reveal themselves to you. Or, quite simply, they don't need you for anything. (Not you as in YOU, Deanna.. you as in general population.)
Old 02-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
What if she reincarnates before you get there?
what if she reincarnates into Lindsey Buckingham in the next life?? Think of the possibilities...

Seriously, I believe I was reincarnated from a past life. When I was younger (Starting in kintergarden specifically) I would draw WWII scenes in class while other kids drew the typical childlike stick-figure family/pet pictures, rainbows, etc.

My teacher Mrs.Burgess wondered why I drew those pictures (Which I won awards for - and I still have those awards in my possession) and I still have those images fresh in my head. Those WWII images are too vivid to be memories from watching a movie and/or TV show.

I also have a soft spot for big band music and movies from the 40's. Why is beyond me, but I do love the music & movies from that era. I also have a weird knowledge of baseball history from the 40s - the thing is I never remember researching upon it.

So yeah, I believe I lived a life once that ended in the 1940's during WWII - or either the images in my mind were somehow inherited into me since both of my grandfathers fought in WWII.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-28-2007 at 02:15 PM..
Old 02-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a near death experience back in 2002. I had severe pneumonia, my right lung didn't work anymore, the left for only 48%, my blood pressure was way too low and the oxygene level in my blood was 33% (as opposed to 95 to 100). I was in ICU, hooked up to all sorts of machines and sicker than sick and in soooo much pain. All of a sudden there was no pain anymore. I didn't float or anything, I didn't see my body in the hospital bed, I just came into this warm place, surrounded by the warmest colors I had ever seen. I didn't have a body but that was alright, the importance was that I was there. I remember thinking:"How come I'm not walking?" and even before my thought was over, I heard a voice say:"That's not important, it's important that you're here". It wasn't a men's voice nor a woman's. It's very hard to describe. I didn't see anyone but I saw a bright light and I wanted to go there because I knew that was where I was supposed to go. It was all so calm and peaceful, warm (not as in hot) is the word that comes to mind the most. But next thing I know is I see my sister, squeezing my hand, yelling:"Come back". There's a nurse and a doctor and my body was in so much pain.... aargh. After that I'm not afraid of death anymore. I am, however, afraid of the way I'll die.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I am, however, afraid of the way I'll die.
That was an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it.

I understand what you mean about not being afraid of dying, but of the way. I used to be too, but lately, I've found myself thinking about it a lot. There are so many "tragic" ways to die.. but the end result is all the same, you know? I guess the biggest difference is in closed or open casket.

Obviously I wouldn't choose a horrific death.. but I'm put off by the thought of dying peacefully in my sleep. That's boring. An exciting life shouldn't end with a boring death. Personally, I hope I'm devoured by lions or something. Well, maybe not. Hell, I'll probably end up off-ing myself once I get old and sickly anyway.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Hey - Chili, didn't you say you were clinically dead at some point? Did I imagine that?
No, you didn't imagine it.

Yes, I was (while coming out of anesthesia after an emergency operation...actually, more than once, they brought me back, then my heart stopped again, they brought me back a second time, then a third time. I was a goner until they finally brought me back that third time.) And, I heard all the conversations in the room while I supposedly "gone" for those periods of time. So, if you're around someone who just died, be careful what you say. They might actually come back! HA!

And, the weird thing, the night before I went in for the operation, I felt myself "trying to leave my body" while lying in bed; felt like I was being pulled up toward the ceiling...but, I panicked and sort of flung myself out of bed, gasping for air...and I felt a kind of "snap!" of my soul recoiling back into my body. That was the event that pushed me to going to the ER the next day.

To be honest, I haven't exactly been "the same" since that experience.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whoa. Glad you made it out, chili. The "snap!" is very interesting. I feel like that a lot when I sleep, then I jump and wake myself up.

How long were you gone for? One of my life-long friends was "dead" for about 6 minutes after an episode of binge drinking and prescription pills. He was dead in the ambulance going to ER, and somehow they brought him back. No brain damage, no effect at all, completely good as new. He said he felt like he knew what was going on around him too, though. So bizarre.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I won't ever 'off' myself...but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
That was an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it.

I understand what you mean about not being afraid of dying, but of the way. I used to be too, but lately, I've found myself thinking about it a lot. There are so many "tragic" ways to die.. but the end result is all the same, you know? I guess the biggest difference is in closed or open casket.

Obviously I wouldn't choose a horrific death.. but I'm put off by the thought of dying peacefully in my sleep. That's boring. An exciting life shouldn't end with a boring death. Personally, I hope I'm devoured by lions or something. Well, maybe not. Hell, I'll probably end up off-ing myself once I get old and sickly anyway.
If I could pick my own demise, it would be from heart failure from extreme stress - Of course the extreme stress/heart failure would be from being locked inside Hugh Hefner's Playboy Mansion all alone with those Playmates. The heart failure would be from some, uh, horizontal exercise and brain damage from massive boobage.

No need for a closed casket (I seriously fear open caskets in the non-sarcastic world) because the door wouldnt be closeable for my coffin due to, uh, tent pole.

Plus, who would want to look at me and say "Damn, I never seen such a happy and at piece-ful, I mean 'peaceful" smile ever on his face. He died doing what he loved to do"

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-28-2007 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: Result of death: Poontang