User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-19-2024, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Chris had said they hadn't been in touch at all since the tour ended. and while i don't know if chris's back pain/health issues were in any way related to the cancer that eventually spread, stevie didn't seem to know about either one.

it just annoys me how all you see since chris died is pictures/articles saying how close and tight they were, 'best friends', 'they made a pact' blah blah, give me a break. And the phone goes both ways, so it was on both of them-- they lost touch with each other. that's just how life is sometimes. but for stevie to keep harping on the best friend thing-- and then to use it as an excuse for FMac not continuing! -- just seems very disingenuous at this point.

--Lis

I think for a lot of bands, the members see sooooooo much of each other on the road and in the studio that once they aren't working they just need a friggin' break from each other. I think by the end of a tour they are just either on each other's nerves or so bored with each other they need time away. With Stevie though, it's "out of sight, out of mind". She always has such a posse around her, whereas Chris really sounded like she was kind of lost and alone for a big chunk of time back in England.
Chris always always considered John and Mick like family.... Stevie and Lindsey floated in and out and really were more work mates. I think in the beginning Chris and Stevie did actually forge a close relationship, and supported each other through their respective break ups. And as Chris noted many times, Stevie "really had her feet on the ground" in those early years. Then fame went to her head, and Chris described it as Stevie "living in her own world that I'm not really part of". Stevie became all-consumed with Stevie. I don't doubt her affection for Christine, but...Stevie would run over her own grandmother for success.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think in the beginning Chris and Stevie did actually forge a close relationship, and supported each other through their respective break ups. And as Chris noted many times, Stevie "really had her feet on the ground" in those early years.
They bonded HALF A CENTURY AGO, after Stevie had been waiting tables. That true bond couldn't have lasted beyond Rumours success. Because, you know, Stevie......
Old 06-19-2024, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Chris had said they hadn't been in touch at all since the tour ended. and while i don't know if chris's back pain/health issues were in any way related to the cancer that eventually spread, stevie didn't seem to know about either one.

it just annoys me how all you see since chris died is pictures/articles saying how close and tight they were, 'best friends', 'they made a pact' blah blah, give me a break. And the phone goes both ways, so it was on both of them-- they lost touch with each other. that's just how life is sometimes. but for stevie to keep harping on the best friend thing-- and then to use it as an excuse for FMac not continuing! -- just seems very disingenuous at this point.

--Lis
You put it very well Lis, as always. A very small part of me remains inclined to give Stevie a bit of wiggle room but it just gets rather frustrating. Perhaps I'm deluded.

Looking back at it all, it's just a pity that Christine didn't have her revelatory moment in time for her to be part of the 2013 tour, rather than having two tours practically back-to back. That would have given them all a bit of a space to breathe and there could have been another tour (and who knows, an album) from the five before COVID struck.

So I count my blessings- I never thought that I would see that lineup together, and then I did. I just had a great time and ignored the Kremlinology that was obviously going on.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 06-19-2024 at 08:04 AM..
Old 06-19-2024, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not without Stevie.
I'm going to disagree. I think with Christine they could have done The Garden, The Forum, Maple Leaf Gardens, etc. Because the public hadn't had the chance to see Christine or hear her big hits since The Dance. Maybe the tickets wouldn't have been that expensive but I actually feel like my OWTS floor tickets weren't more than $150 each. I think Christine, Mick, and John were what sold that tour and would have sold it. Lindsey doesn't sell tickets.

Quote:
How much thought do you think went into hitting the road again after Christine McVie made it very obvious she wanted back in?
Irving, Stubner, Mick, and Howard Kaufman did the thinking. Even though Stevie was Joan of Arc for donating her year and a half, her team and she knew it would be good for her popularity and her wallet too. When Lindsey agreed to do the 2014 tour, he, Christine, and Mick thought they'd be touring an album. Then Lindsey had to change his message in the press when the tour got closer to say the novelty for this tour is having Christine's songs in the setlist (loved getting Seven Wonders too).

Quote:
The whole genesis for Christine going to Hawaii was rediscovering her passion for the music after reading KenÂ’s book. HeÂ’s the one who told everyone she was on a flight to Hawaii with Mick and then that she was going to make a cameo at the Blues Band show. By the time the picture of Christine eating dinner with Mick and John in Hawaii was posted to the internet, her return seemed to be a foregone conclusion.
I believe you. All I remember was her medical professional told her to buy an airline ticket, and Mick was going to London to do press for the 2013 Tour and they arranged to either fly to Maui together when he finished or he flew to London with her on her return trip from Maui because he had to do press in London. Was this all in February of 2013?

Quote:
I enjoyed LBCM and I would have loved an album with Neil and Mike, so I donÂ’t know where youÂ’re getting that. However, I have zero enthusiasm for new Stevie Nicks music. New vs. pre-1975 is a false narrative. They (classic lineup) had like 12 songs they had to play, which means they could have played as many as eleven more songs (8 new, 3 pre-1975).
I didn't say you didn't want an album from the 2018 lineup I was saying I wanted one regardless of Lindsey not being in the lineup. I gave that lineup a chance and went to a handful of shows.
Also I'm saying I want new music and 1975 through 2013 songs in Fleetwood Mac's setlist. So much music to play from those years. I feel like majority of attendees want to hear the 1975-97 stuff. Personally, I have no interest in hearing songs by that member of that sick ultra-right child abusing group. As for your 8 new songs comment, the classic lineup never got the chance to do 8 new songs in 2009, 2013, 2015, or 2017 because of Stevie. Thank Heavens I saw all the new songs on the SYW Tour.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 06-19-2024 at 01:07 PM..
Old 06-19-2024, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although Steve and I see the Fleetwood Mac world differently, and I quibble with his posting style, I am very much in agreement with Steve that the hints being planted in the script seem to be alluding to some sort of "out of the blue" reunion. (and I am in full agreement with his point that FM only plays arenas with Stevie)

I have no idea when this interview was conducted, and they are often much longer in elapsed time from interview to publication than you might suspect. However, between Stevie, Mick, Neil, and Mike there is a lot of talk about Lindsey...I also believe that Lindsey would play for close to free (don't over think that statement) to be no longer called ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist, or labeled in his obituary former Fleetwood Mac guitarist.

No tour needs to be one and half years. Azoff just put the Eagles into the Vegas Sphere. Would I be shocked that FM did a 3 days per week, 2 or 3 month farewell with Stevie, Mick, and Lindsey in 2025 at the Sphere, not at all.....

Last edited by John Run; 06-19-2024 at 03:40 PM..
Old 06-19-2024, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I have no idea when this interview was conducted, and they are often much longer in elapsed time from interview than publication than you might suspect. However, between Stevie, Mick, Neil, Mike there is a lot of talk about Lindsey...
I think this is the "gloat" part for Lindsey..... she hates me so much she can't stop talking about me. The band, Azoff, and Stevie are so focused on how many seats they can sell without me, and yet she forces all of them to try and BE me because I'm that great at what I do/did for them (which honestly also feeds his rather victim syndrome of being unseen, i.e., "I was a visionary/but nobody knew"). As always, the keyword for these two is co-dependent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
No tour needs to be one and half years. Azoff just put the Eagles into the Vegas Sphere. Would I be shocked that FM did a 3 days per week, 2 or 3 month farewell with Stevie, Mick, and Lindsey in 2025 at the Sphere, not at all.....
Totally agree. This notion of that long on the road is nonsense. But it may be the ingrained nonsense in Stevie's head and could be the thing that keeps anything that could happen from happening. Personally I don't want or need them together ever again, but if they did do something I agree a few nights in a prestige venue, record it etc, would be great. But..... would that line their pockets the same as a large tour? If not, Stevie won't do it, and Irving will convince her to go for the money of a longer tour, with or without them over that. Plus, honestly, what does she have to keep her at home?? I think her comments during Covid, of hating being stuck at home (despite all her PR blathering over the years of retreating to a castle on a cliff above the sea, I think she REALLY found out how little there is in life when work isn't happening) that she's going to fight to keep going until she drops
Old 06-19-2024, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'm going to disagree. I think with Christine they could have done The Garden, The Forum, Maple Leaf Gardens, etc. Because the public hadn't had the chance to see Christine or hear her big hits since The Dance. Maybe the tickets wouldn't have been that expensive but I actually feel like my OWTS floor tickets weren't more than $150 each. I think Christine, Mick, and John were what sold that tour and would have sold it. Lindsey doesn't sell tickets.

Irving, Stubner, Mick, and Howard Kaufman did the thinking. Even though Stevie was Joan of Arc for donating her year and a half, her team and she knew it would be good for her popularity and her wallet too. When Lindsey agreed to do the 2014 tour, he, Christine, and Mick thought they'd be touring an album. Then Lindsey had to change his message in the press when the tour got closer to say the novelty for this tour is having Christine's songs in the setlist (loved getting Seven Wonders too).

I believe you. All I remember was her medical professional told her to buy an airline ticket, and Mick was going to London to do press for the 2013 Tour and they arranged to either fly to Maui together when he finished or he flew to London with her on her return trip from Maui because he had to do press in London. Was this all in February of 2013?

I didn't say you didn't want an album from the 2018 lineup I was saying I wanted one regardless of Lindsey not being in the lineup. I gave that lineup a chance and went to a handful of shows.
Also I'm saying I want new music and 1975 through 2013 songs in Fleetwood Mac's setlist. So much music to play from those years. I feel like majority of attendees want to hear the 1975-97 stuff. Personally, I have no interest in hearing songs by that member of that sick ultra-right child abusing group. As for your 8 new songs comment, the classic lineup never got the chance to do 8 new songs in 2009, 2013, 2015, or 2017 because of Stevie. Thank Heavens I saw all the new songs on the SYW Tour.
I mean, as far as trolls go, I’d overall give it a C-, although props for the Wendy Welch reference.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-19-2024, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, as far as trolls go, I’d overall give it a C-, although props for the Wendy Welch reference.
Jeremy Spencer actually. Ok I’m a troll? Don’t worry the powers that run TL are watching you.
Old 06-19-2024, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine’s family was right to keep her away. She would have made the woman‘s death all about her. Good lord—insufferable.
Old 06-19-2024, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Christine’s family was right to keep her away. She would have made the woman‘s death all about her. Good lord—insufferable.
Stevie’s saying that had she sat on the bed with Christine and sang, Christine would have passed away quicker is unbelievable. If my grandmother said that in a conversation, I’d yell at her.
Old 06-19-2024, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
While I understand it was strictly family and John was actually family for almost a decade, I kind of wish Mick had been there, too. He was akin to family, too. She wanted to go to Hawaii to hang out with Mick and rented a house with him when she rejoined the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-19-2024, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Jeremy Spencer actually.
Why did Wendy get banned from TL?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-19-2024, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why did Wendy get banned from TL?
She was VERY combative. She worshipped the ground on which Bob walked, and didn't play well with others(that said, I never had a problem with her).
Old 06-19-2024, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She was VERY combative. She worshipped the ground on which Bob walked, and didn't play well with others(that said, I never had a problem with her).
Yep. But what specific fight did she keep picking? Specifically, which ex-Mac did she go after?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-20-2024, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
While I understand it was strictly family and John was actually family for almost a decade, I kind of wish Mick had been there, too. He was akin to family, too. She wanted to go to Hawaii to hang out with Mick and rented a house with him when she rejoined the band.
chris loved mick to bits. but john was different. check your private message box, steve...

-Lis