User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2023, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
People said when Lindsey didn’t want Sheryl Crow in FM in 2009 it was because he didn’t want to lose any of his cut or he didn’t want to share Stevie. But I think it was out of respect to Christine. If Sheryl was coming in so that they would make a new album, which they would have never done because Stevie wouldn’t make an album with the 2018 lineup, then I would have said let Sheryl in, but hell no to bringing in Sheryl to sing on an oldies tour.

Even with his remarks about Christine cutting off communication with everybody, I still feel he respected her FM legacy in that he wasn’t going to endorse anyone taking her place to sing her classic songs as if they were her own.
I always cracked up at his line about Sheryl joining FM. Something like “what songs is she going to sing? Christine McVie songs? She sure isn’t going to be singing Sheryl Crow songs!” I don’t think Lindsey has ever been big on doing other people’s songs - I know he had no choice early on but other than Oh Well, he pretty much got his way. I don’t think it’s just a Lindsey thing either - he wouldn’t want to see Sheryl joining to do her own songs or to cover Chris. To him that’s going too far toward a lounge act.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Unfortunately, you're PARTIALLY right. Stevie's solo shows haven't been selling great, right? I think Fleetwood Nicks would only sell, EVEN DECENTLY, if Lindsey was brought back. Even then, without John, I don't think they'd be selling out arenas. They're old af now, and sounds like sh*t. They need to call it another lonely day, and hang it up.

But you're right about John... the casual/ Stevie fan doesn't give af about who the bass player is. As long as grandma hands is doing her Edge Walk on her jazzy scooter. Wheeeeeeee! Her joystick is stuck! Wheeeeeee!!!
This is why the death of Christine has likely spelled the end of the band. I do not see a Stevie/Mick Fleetwood Mac to be something that would sell well AT ALL. The only way anything could work viably again would be Stevie/Lindsey/Mick. And without John I think that’s a bridge too far at least as Fleetwood Mac. You can’t have Fleetwood Mac without a Mac, regardless of what the chiffon mafia thinks on TikTok!
Old 06-22-2023, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I always cracked up at his line about Sheryl joining FM. Something like “what songs is she going to sing? Christine McVie songs? She sure isn’t going to be singing Sheryl Crow songs!” I don’t think Lindsey has ever been big on doing other people’s songs - I know he had no choice early on but other than Oh Well, he pretty much got his way. I don’t think it’s just a Lindsey thing either - he wouldn’t want to see Sheryl joining to do her own songs or to cover Chris. To him that’s going too far toward a lounge act.
Maybe doing Say You Love Me in 2009 was his way of conciliating with Stevie?

In other news, Stevie wasn’t chosen for Kennedy Center Honors. Go Dionne!

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 06-22-2023 at 10:16 AM..
Old 06-22-2023, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yet it almost happened in Australia.
That would have been temporary so that John could recover from cancer. John would have still been a full member of Fleetwood Mac and would have resumed when he was ready. As I said, Christine was rejoining by that point, so canceling the 2013 dates was no big deal since they were going there sometime in 2015 with Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Taking the Peter Green tribute on the road as Mick Fleetwood's Peter Green Tribute could do really well depending on the lineup he took out with him. I don't think he would have any trouble getting a solid group of well known players to do it.

But yes, I agree that any kind of Fleetwood Mac without John, Lindsey, and Christine probably isn't going to happen.
Old 06-22-2023, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Taking the Peter Green tribute on the road as Mick Fleetwood's Peter Green Tribute could do really well depending on the lineup he took out with him. I don't think he would have any trouble getting a solid group of well known players to do it.

But yes, I agree that any kind of Fleetwood Mac without John, Lindsey, and Christine probably isn't going to happen.
I think Fleetwood Mac is kaput, Irving Azoff or no Irving Azoff. But Mick will keep playing because he subsists on playing — with Vito, with Steven Tyler, with Jonny Lane, maybe with Jeremy, with all his friends. Stevie will keep playing, too, but as her own brand and star. She’s her own ecosystem, and she’s done with other competing ecosystems.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-22-2023, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie will keep playing, too, but as her own brand and star. She’s her own ecosystem, and she’s done with other competing ecosystems.
While $he still keeps hitching her rusted bumper to anyone who's relevant.
Old 06-22-2023, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie will keep playing, too, but as her own brand and star. She’s her own ecosystem, and she’s done with other competing ecosystems.
I wonder though when she decides she wants to perform Silver Springs again, will she be happy with the arrangement her touring band comes up with? Well then again if she's happy with her solo versions of Dreams and Angel, I probably just answered my own question right there.
Old 06-23-2023, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wonder though when she decides she wants to perform Silver Springs again, will she be happy with the arrangement her touring band comes up with? Well then again if she's happy with her solo versions of Dreams and Angel, I probably just answered my own question right there.
Yes, I doubt she'll ever do any other Mac songs in her solo setlist. Again, she didn't sing Sara in Chicago tonight.

It's really crazy that she's doing an oldies tour two years in a row with the majority of the set matching each other. Gold Dust Tour/Crystal Visions Tour/The Very Best of Tour all over again!
Old 06-24-2023, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I doubt she'll ever do any other Mac songs in her solo setlist. Again, she didn't sing Sara in Chicago tonight.
Are you saying so won't do Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, and the like, anymore?
Old 06-24-2023, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Are you saying so won't do Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, and the like, anymore?
I meant ones like Sara, Angel, Silver Springs, Seven Wonders, Crystal, I Don't Want To Know, or Sweet Girl.

She has to do Dreams, Gypsy, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, and Rhiannon, as well as Rock and Roll, Free Fallin', and For What It's Worth because she doesn't have confidence in her songs like I Can't Wait, Rooms On Fire, Talk To Me, Think About It, Whole Lotta Trouble, and Blue Denim.

Plus she could never drop Gold Dust Woman because you await that lovely dance she does from the Live in Boston DVD
Old 06-24-2023, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I meant ones like Sara, Angel, Silver Springs, Seven Wonders, Crystal, I Don't Want To Know, or Sweet Girl.

She has to do Dreams, Gypsy, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, and Rhiannon, as well as Rock and Roll, Free Fallin', and For What It's Worth because she doesn't have confidence in her songs like I Can't Wait, Rooms On Fire, Talk To Me, Think About It, Whole Lotta Trouble, and Blue Denim.

Plus she could never drop Gold Dust Woman because you await that lovely dance she does from the Live in Boston DVD
I have no issue with FWIW since it was a cowrite with Mike (she wrote lyrics to his track). Rock and Roll however needs to GO. I think she threw that in there for Waddy as that's the type of stuff he loves, but it serves NO PURPOSE in Stevie show. It makes sense for Heart to do it because they have been open forever about how much Led Zeppelin was an influence of theirs, and so it's a sort of homage from Heart to LZ. WTF is Stevie doing it?? It's not part of her influences, no matter how she spins it now. If she wanted to add something new and pay homage to an early influence, she'd have to do like a Joni Mitchell song or something. Or, even an early R&B song that she claims she was singing r&b in the backseat of the car on family trips, freaking her parents out.
Old 06-24-2023, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I have no issue with FWIW since it was a cowrite with Mike (she wrote lyrics to his track). Rock and Roll however needs to GO. I think she threw that in there for Waddy as that's the type of stuff he loves, but it serves NO PURPOSE in Stevie show. It makes sense for Heart to do it because they have been open forever about how much Led Zeppelin was an influence of theirs, and so it's a sort of homage from Heart to LZ. WTF is Stevie doing it?? It's not part of her influences, no matter how she spins it now. If she wanted to add something new and pay homage to an early influence, she'd have to do like a Joni Mitchell song or something. Or, even an early R&B song that she claims she was singing r&b in the backseat of the car on family trips, freaking her parents out.
She hasn’t sung For What It’s Worth from In Your Dreams in 10 years.

Stevie is turning into Johnny Mathis, Pat Benatar, and Barry Manilow just cranking out the past but she doesn’t make her shows a treat for the people who’ve supported her for 40 years.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She hasn’t sung For What It’s Worth from In Your Dreams in 10 years.

Stevie is turning into Johnny Mathis, Pat Benatar, and Barry Manilow just cranking out the past but she doesn’t make her shows a treat for the people who’ve supported her for 40 years.
If she were to follow Barry, she had better start practicing her lip syncing techniques..
Old 06-26-2023, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Rock and Roll however needs to GO. I think she threw that in there for Waddy as that's the type of stuff he loves, but it serves NO PURPOSE in Stevie show. WTF is Stevie doing it?? It's not part of her influences, no matter how she spins it now.
True, Zep isn’t one of her influences, but when she wore that big hat with the feather at Universal in 2001 and sang it as an encore, it was the high point of the evening. Every so often, she just drops the faerie fey (playing with those ribbons on the mic stand and giggling) and pushes herself to deliver some old-fashioned rock and roll. She did it with Buddy Holly’s “Not Fade Away,” too. It gives us a chance to see Stevie let ’er rip. She’s already much too old to do a convincing “What Are You Doing in My Life?” or “Even the Losers,” but she should have covered at least half of Damn the Torpedoes in her earliest solo years.

moviekinks.blogspot.com