User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So this means that Joe Walsh AND Mick have been in my triangle?

Ain't enough Clorox in the world to wash away the crotch rot stank in this triangle.
Ohh I thought he was implying that you are about as useful as Stevie playing the triangle or a taped up silent tambourine! We're talking love triangles...ohh la la!!
Old 05-03-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
So this means that Joe Walsh AND Mick have been in my triangle?

Ain't enough Clorox in the world to wash away the crotch rot stank in this triangle.
Always a bridge too far!!
Old 05-03-2023, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you're trying to "take one for the team", I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.

I keep a 2x4 in my trunk, just for such occasions.
Sounds like you’re packing quite a bit of wood.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sounds like you’re packing quite a bit of wood.
Well, I didn't want to brag....

But the 2x4 is for strapping across one's arse, so one doesn't fall into a rather large triangle.

Not implying that your triangle is large. Is it?
Old 05-03-2023, 10:56 AM

So yea, BuckVie Cleveland looked like it was amazing.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another exceptional ledge thread that stayed on topic!
Old 05-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread has been brought to you by Grindr
Old 05-03-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anywaayyy… back to the topic- I do wish I had seen Lindsey and Christine this tour. I was just really busy at the time, and while I thought the album was decent, I didn’t feel much of an emotional connection. Or at least enough of one to make the drive. Clearly that was a huge error in my thinking. After I saw Lindsey and FM solo in November, I decided then and there I would make every effort to see them live anytime they toured again. Of course, I’ve already broken that promise, as I skipped Lindsey’s last tour, but that was due to Covid and because he didn’t perform anywhere even remotely close to me.

And now it’s truly too late.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie left the stage for Tell Me All the Things and Oh Well. John told Mike he hates Tell Me All the Things Maybe the same reason I didn't like it live: where are the lyrics? 2 sentences.
TATTYD is one of my favorite FM tunes with KILLER guitar. A feast for riffers. John might hate it (and, if so, he's wrong, sorry John!) but everyone plays beautifully on it. I love the concise, two-line lyric. We don't need more than that. "Coming Your Way," "Child of Mine," and "Bare Trees" are similarly terse. "Station Man" and "Like it This Way" aren't much more expansive. And this is one of the things I loved about Danny's incredible contributions to the band's songbook: it's the instrumentation that gets center stage. Those tunes are extremely hummable--as opposed to commercial. And they allow the band to open up a bit more. Christine's organ and electric keyboard work on "Child of Mine," for instance, is rad, as is Mick's drumming and John's propulsive bass...

I digress. As all of you were, which was...where again? I forgot.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Anywaayyy… back to the topic- I do wish I had seen Lindsey and Christine this tour. I was just really busy at the time, and while I thought the album was decent, I didn’t feel much of an emotional connection. Or at least enough of one to make the drive. Clearly that was a huge error in my thinking. After I saw Lindsey and FM solo in November, I decided then and there I would make every effort to see them live anytime they toured again. Of course, I’ve already broken that promise, as I skipped Lindsey’s last tour, but that was due to Covid and because he didn’t perform anywhere even remotely close to me.

You were too busy playing PR control for your jaded Queen.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
TATTYD is one of my favorite FM tunes with KILLER guitar. A feast for riffers. John might hate it (and, if so, he's wrong, sorry John!) but everyone plays beautifully on it. I love the concise, two-line lyric. We don't need more than that. "Coming Your Way," "Child of Mine," and "Bare Trees" are similarly terse. "Station Man" and "Like it This Way" aren't much more expansive. And this is one of the things I loved about Danny's incredible contributions to the band's songbook: it's the instrumentation that gets center stage. Those tunes are extremely hummable--as opposed to commercial. And they allow the band to open up a bit more. Christine's organ and electric keyboard work on "Child of Mine," for instance, is rad, as is Mick's drumming and John's propulsive bass...

I digress. As all of you were, which was...where again? I forgot.
Everything you said. It is such a groove. And John hates everyone and everything.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Didn't you suggest earlier that Lindsey didn't have Christine play keys at those 2017 concerts? Just asking for clarification. Thank you!
Old 05-04-2023, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Didn't you suggest earlier that Lindsey didn't have Christine play keys at those 2017 concerts? Just asking for clarification. Thank you!
Other people who saw the Buck/Vie shows said that Christine didn’t play keyboards , or at least not as much as when she toured with FM, including on this very thread, and I acknowledged that. I certainly didn’t say Lindsey kept her from playing keyboards, nor has anyone else as far as I remember. Where in the world did you hear anyone say Lindsey kept Christine from playing keyboards?
Old 05-04-2023, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Other people who saw the Buck/Vie shows said that Christine didn’t play keyboards , or at least not as much as when she toured with FM, including on this very thread, and I acknowledged that. I certainly didn’t say Lindsey kept her from playing keyboards, nor has anyone else as far as I remember. Where in the world did you hear anyone say Lindsey kept Christine from playing keyboards?
They probably meant that (I've read here, but don't know) Lindsey loves playing with the karaoke tracks these days. If Christine's too old to do it, just let the karaoke machine do it.

Wasn't it when Brett died, and Lindsey was on tour?, they didn't even replace him? Just unmute another karaoke track....

30yo Lindsey would kick 70yo's Lindsey's ass for this.
Old 05-04-2023, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They probably meant that (I've read here, but don't know) Lindsey loves playing with the karaoke tracks these days. If Christine's too old to do it, just let the karaoke machine do it.

Wasn't it when Brett died, and Lindsey was on tour?, they didn't even replace him? Just unmute another karaoke track....

30yo Lindsey would kick 70yo's Lindsey's ass for this.
Which is the primary reason I preferred the 18-19 band in that moment. Christine showed the world she could still kick ass.

I felt like Lindsey diminished her. (To be fair, she never complained about it).

THE Stephen Hopkins